Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Craig Carton calls out Manish Mehta on "unnamed sources"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Giants fans are LAUGHING at us!!!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Copernicus has always been one of the most objective Jets Fans on this board and is always respectful of all other posters...can't blame a guy for being frustrated at this team..yes we have a better record than the gints over the last few years but they have what we want....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Frankie, dont understand the personal attacks from fans on this board. I simply have an opinion and I dont think I am way off. I believe that this current FO and HC are not being truthful with their fan base after claiming how open they are. I am criticizing something I believe can be improved upon. I am making them accountable in my own small way. If you've been a fan for even a few years you know that we are here much longer than any HC and/or GM. Rex admitting that he did not do everything and anything to be the best HC possible is just not acceptable. IMHO not much has changed from the end of last season up until now. The JETS were criticized for being undisciplined and focused on things that were not football related. I am not the only one stating this, many in the media including former players including LT who had a first hand experience of it. LT claimed it was the worst locker room situation he'd ever seen. Today, the JETS had a brawl less than a day after a previous brawl that their HC said was addressed. Didnt appear that the team listened to him, did it? Doesnt seem that Rex has a better grip on the pulse of his locker room if his team does exactly the opposite of what was asked of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cop... I get the feeling you've recently gone through a life changing event... Reassignment surgery, maybe? because you've spent the last few months being a giant vagina on various parts of the forum... And Frankie's right... You were a solid poster at one time...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Thanks Frankie, dont understand the personal attacks from fans on this board. I simply have an opinion and I dont think I am way off. I believe that this current FO and HC are not being truthful with their fan base after claiming how open they are. I am criticizing something I believe can be improved upon. I am making them accountable in my own small way. If you've been a fan for even a few years you know that we are here much longer than any HC and/or GM. Rex admitting that he did not do everything and anything to be the best HC possible is just not acceptable. IMHO not much has changed from the end of last season up until now. The JETS were criticized for being undisciplined and focused on things that were not football related. I am not the only one stating this, many in the media including former players including LT who had a first hand experience of it. LT claimed it was the worst locker room situation he'd ever seen. Today, the JETS had a brawl less than a day after a previous brawl that their HC said was addressed. Didnt appear that the team listened to him, did it? Doesnt seem that Rex has a better grip on the pulse of his locker room if his team does exactly the opposite of what was asked of them.

God, it really must be nice to live in the world that you inhabit. You know, where everyone listens to you the first time you say something, and of course, heat of the moment things never happen.

Seriously, an awesome freaking world. Me ? I live in reality where stuff happens and you deal with it. Where sometimes, you have to tell people things twice, and then maybe even drill it into their skulls.

Where even then, something might happen and people react, instead of being calm, cool, calculated and thinking things through.

I've seen you talk a number of times about Rex not having the pulse of the team, and how he says that things will be different this year. I do believe you then complained about Holmes flapping his mouth. Did you miss that Rex smacked Holmes down on that one ? Did you miss that he brought guys in and talked to them about this stuff ?

Guess what ? Even if you have the "pulse of the team" and are "on top of things", STUFF STILL HAPPENS. You can't prevent it. All you can hope to do is change the culture and drastically minimize it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Cop... I get the feeling you've recently gone through a life changing event... Reassignment surgery, maybe? because you've spent the last few months being a giant vagina on various parts of the forum...
    Wtf.

Can we tone the personal attacks down?

Actually use your brain to disagree...point by point with his posts?

Agree or disagree...."giant vagina" is the last way he would address anyone else here.

You guys are a friggin disgrace.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Wtf.

Agree or disagree...."giant vagina" is the last way he would address anyone else here.

I'll exit the thread disgracefully then. It's late anywho...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wtf.

It is a disgrace and why good posters don't post here as much.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a right to your opinion, but you come off as a drama queen.

I'm sorry, but you aren't using a lot of logic in your thoughts.

You should also avoid the media for a while, because the crap that the media is spewing is at an all time high. Just take how the Jets camp fights are making national sports news, meanwhile, other teams are doing the same thing, but only Ryan and the Jets are being criticized for it.

ALL teams have brawls, they ALL do, the Pats had two that were made public by PFT, the Dolphins had one tonight that was filmed on HBO HK.

It's not indiscipline, it's called training camp, in high heat, in full pads at a time when competition is high and young players are trying to impress and make a roster.

Again,I can't stress this enough, stop reading into the media, it's sensationalistic crap and they are doing it on purpose. I don't know why the Jets have become target, the national hatred runs rampant.

I'll say this too, I LOVE the new Rex Ryan, he is slowly growing his shell. All you have to do is look back and watch his press conferences when he was first hired, and compare them to now, he is much more rigid, short, he's got an attitude now, and he's now releasing statements like "I'm stick and tired of talking about last year." Rex is starting to figure it out, he tried to cater to the media, he's slowly learning that the moron vultures with their pocket protectors are out for ratings and creating the news and controversy, I hope Rex completes his shell.

Rex and the team are already starting to clamp down on their media policies, their agreement to let ESPN in during the first week is Rex being Rex, he's trying, he's a genuine guy, nobody can take that away from him, he is 100% real, wears his emotions on his sleeve, he doesn't realize there are people in the media that want to "hurt" him.

I loved seeing the team run gassers, and Rex ripping into them. You act as if the team should be all roses and good little toy soldiers. These are grown men, physical beasts, half of the guys on that field are trying to impress, be recognized, it's training camp, this is the time of the year for it. Like I said, the Pats had several scrums, and Belichick himself had nothing negative to say about it. Rex realizes that the physical play can be a positive for the team as well, that's what he wants, it's not lack of discipline, that's football. We as fans should want this team going at it, playing and practicing hard, being physical, and doing everything with a lot of effort and intensity. The second week of camp is always when this sort of thing happens, teams get tired of beating up on each other, they need an opponent with a different jersey.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-08-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

You should also avoid the media for a while, because the crap that the media is spewing is at an all time high. Just take how the Jets camp fights are making national sports news, meanwhile, other teams are doing the same thing, but only Ryan and the Jets are being criticized for it.

ALL teams have brawls, they ALL do, the Pats had two that were made public by PFT, the Dolphins had one tonight that was filmed on HBO HK.
    Most teams have skirmishes (pretty common) during TC but I'm not aware of teams having "brawls." This is the first TC "brawl" I'm aware of since I've been a Jets fan. 20 players spilling to the sidelines where reporters are and close to the fans.

Do you have links to these "brawls" you mention or anything that indicates brawls have occured in other TC's? This is news to me.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make things up?
    . Trading for Bret Favre was a colossal failure. It was a stroke of luck and HUGE favor that Favre retired because you know that the JETS did not have the balls to sit or cut him. It would have become more of a media circus had Favre continued to be a JET. Fast forward to Tim Tebow, another player that is not worth the media circus that he brings but leave it to the JETS to welcome him with open arms AND GIVE UP PICKS FOR HIM!!!! Guess an extra OLINE man wouldnt help this team right now, but then again, OLINE-men dont make headlines. Right when we are moving in a good direction it appears that all rational thought on how to build a team is thrown aside to win the battle of the back page.

Wasnt Kerley being groomed to fill Brad Smith's position? Thought he did well enough last season to become that type of player. Ran the wildcat last season with success. Thought the JETS would increase his role this season. Scratch that idea for the most controversial back up QB the NFL has ever seen.

BTW any news on the Giants, Pats, or Steelers? I wonder why? Guess they are more focused on winning games rather than declaring themselves the best through inept reporters and papers that need to sensationalize everything to try and sell their rags
    First of all how was Brett Farvre a failure. He was great until he got hurt with the same receivers the previous QB had the year before. When have you ever heard a whole lot about the above teams? The Giants got very lucky last year too. They played great down the stretch but you need some luck also. How many times does Welker drop a ball in his hands? Need I mention the fumble punt ( which the Jets did a ton last year too). I'm really sick of hearing those other teams only care about winning and the Jets don't. For the Jets to talk (they really haven't much) they need to win. The Pats have never been in the papers much at all except when they were fighting with the Jets over coaches. Dallas is just as much if not more high profile as is the Deadskins. There isn't only one way to win. So what if the Jets way has never been tried. Why cant they be the first again?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

...but we're optimistic disgraces.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

It's not indiscipline, it's called training camp, in high heat, in full pads at a time when competition is high and young players are trying to impress and make a roster.

Again,I can't stress this enough, stop reading into the media, it's sensationalistic crap and they are doing it on purpose. I don't know why the Jets have become target, the national hatred runs rampant.

I'll say this too, I LOVE the new Rex Ryan, he is slowly growing his shell. All you have to do is look back and watch his press conferences when he was first hired, and compare them to now, he is much more rigid, short, he's got an attitude now, and he's now releasing statements like "I'm stick and tired of talking about last year." Rex is starting to figure it out, he tried to cater to the media, he's slowly learning that the moron vultures with their pocket protectors are out for ratings and creating the news and controversy, I hope Rex completes his shell.

Rex and the team are already starting to clamp down on their media policies, their agreement to let ESPN in during the first week is Rex being Rex, he's trying, he's a genuine guy, nobody can take that away from him, he is 100% real, wears his emotions on his sleeve, he doesn't realize there are people in the media that want to "hurt" him.

I loved seeing the team run gassers, and Rex ripping into them. You act as if the team should be all roses and good little toy soldiers. These are grown men, physical beasts, half of the guys on that field are trying to impress, be recognized, it's training camp, this is the time of the year for it. Like I said, the Pats had several scrums, and Belichick himself had nothing negative to say about it. Rex realizes that the physical play can be a positive for the team as well, that's what he wants, it's not lack of discipline, that's football. We as fans should want this team going at it, playing and practicing hard, being physical, and doing everything with a lot of effort and intensity. The second week of camp is always when this sort of thing happens, teams get tired of beating up on each other, they need an opponent with a different jersey.

nice post Ray, well said. it's amazing what a good poster you are when you lay off insulting half the board when they disagree with you...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Frankie, dont understand the personal attacks from fans on this board. I simply have an opinion and I dont think I am way off. I believe that this current FO and HC are not being truthful with their fan base after claiming how open they are blah blah blah...
    Seriously, what do you expect? Your over-the-top rantings and your irrational ad hominem criticisms make it sound like you have some kind of estrogen imbalance going on. You've become a caricature of the SOJF. Woe is me! The sky is falling! For Christ's sake, we haven't even played a pre-season game yet. Climb off the ledge. You honestly think your constant caterwauling here is "holding the HC and FO accountable"? That's delusional. The only thing your doing here is giving a bunch of other posters agita. Don't be shocked when those other folks got something to say back.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two things that I hate to see on this message board. No, three:

1. Hyperbolic exaggeration on just how gawd awfully bad we are from top to bottom.

2. Hyperbolic exaggeration on just how unstoppably great we are from top to bottom.

IMO, we are somewhere in the middle and can go drastically either way. We could get hot and win a Super Bowl. Or we could crash and burn - the offense won't click, team chemistry falls apart, and we miss the playoffs and everyone mocks.

This is the NFL and there are only 16 regular season games followed by a 1-and-done playoff format that helps division winners more than it helps teams with superior records (and better seasons). ANYTHING can happen. And I do mean ANYTHING. Anything DOES happen. Do you all have short memories of pre-season and some even regular season predictions and how they are 95% completely b***f*** wrong when compared to the final outcome? Rarely does what everyone think actually happen. Sure, some teams are very good, some are very bad, but the vast majority are VEEERRRYYY close... it's just about executing the plays and picking up one win at a time.

That is what perhaps makes the NFL so watchable? I believe we are a playoff caliber team, and with a little luck, a possible division winner (scoffs of Pats fans duly noted - you'll get yours... this is the NFL and NOTHING is a given, especially when so much hangs on one rather skinny man; don't give me the Bills, we all see that a mediocre-to-bad team signing a few free agents does not make an instant contender... we've tried that and failed more times than we would like to admit to; Dolphins will no doubt be fiesty, but they are flat out rebuilding). And with any playoff team, if you get hot and catch a few breaks you can win it all.

That, again, is the NFL. That's why we watch it. Our offense has more potential than most give it credit for and just needs some disciplinarian butt-kicking and getting more common-sense and up-tempo play calling to work (although admittedly help at WR and RT wouldn't hurt and would be welcome). The 'D' looks like it has enough pieces to be one of the tops in the NFL, just needs the 'O' to EXECUTE PLAYS, put points on the board, and the Special Teams to continue to do a great job. And what has Jets history taught us? The games and seasons we were supposed to lose, we win, and the games and seasons where we're supposed to win, we lose. Hence, the term SOJ. So, let’s hope for the best, prepare for the worst, support the team, and watch the f’n’ games.

...and almost forgot the third thing I hate seeing on an MB.

3. Grown adult Patriots fans who spend their free time on Jets message boards to troll with overinflated opinions of their own team and never-ending mockery of ours. Obsessed much? Have a life?
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 08-08-2012 at 05:08 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Most teams have skirmishes (pretty common) during TC but I'm not aware of teams having "brawls." This is the first TC "brawl" I'm aware of since I've been a Jets fan. 20 players spilling to the sidelines where reporters are and close to the fans.

Do you have links to these "brawls" you mention or anything that indicates brawls have occured in other TC's? This is news to me.
    Does "big scraps" count as brawls? One which every player on the team was involved in, does that count? I think that's more than 20 players.

The Patriots got into two more big scraps on Friday. Bill Belichick downplayed the fights earlier in the week, but seemed less amused this time. Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston notes that Belichick sent the entire team on three full laps around the field after the second fight.

These were not one-on-one battles. "Seemingly every player on the team" was involved, with many trying to serve as peacemakers. After the fights, there was a players-only huddle in the middle of the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...n-after-fights