Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Jets released first depth chart

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Seems as if the team still needs wr's, lb's, cb's, and ot's...oof.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    We may have the deepest CB's in the league, just young at the bottom... LB is pretty fat too if you count guys that will put their hand in the dirt in certain packages. McIntyre just makes it look terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Offensive Depth Chart

POS- First-- Second-- Third -- Other
    WR- Stephen Hill-- Chaz Schilens--Dexter Jackson-- Royce Pollard-
    Jordan White-
    Wes Kemp
    LT- D'Brick Ferguson- Dennis Landolt- Austin Howard-
    LG- Matt Slauson- Vladimir Ducasse- Fred Koloto-
    C- Nick Mangold- Caleb Schlauderaff- Matt Kroul-
    RG- Brandon Moore- Robert Griffin- Terrence Campbell-
    RT- Wayne Hunter- Stephon Heyer- Paul Cornick-
    TE- Dustin Keller- Jeff Cumberland- Josh Baker- Dedrick Epps-
    Hayden Smith-
    Tarren Lloyd-
    WR- Santonio Holmes- Jeremy Kerley- Patrick Turner- Eron Riley-
    Raymond Webber-
    QB- Mark Sanchez- Tim Tebow- Greg McElroy- Matt Simms-
    FB- John Conner-
    RB- Shonn Greene- Joe McKnight- Bilal Powell- John Griffin-
    Terrance Ganaway-

Defensive Depth Chart

POS- First- Second- Third- Other-
    DE- Mo Wilkerson- Quinton Coples- Jay Richardson-
    NT- Sione Pouha- Kenrick Ellis- Martin Tevaseu- Damon Harrison-
    DT- Mike DeVito- Marcus Dixon- Matt Hardison-
    OLB- Bryan Thomas- Garrett McIntyre- Brett Roy- Damario Ambrose-
    WLB- Bart Scott- Josh Mauga- Demario Davis-
    MLB- David Harris Nick Bellore- Marcus Dowtin-
    OLB- Calvin Pace Aaron Maybin- Ricky Sapp-
    CB- Darrelle Revis- Kyle Wilson- Julian Posey- Ryan Steed-
    CB- Antonio Cromartie- Ellis Lankster- Isaiah Trufant- Donnie Fletcher-
    Devon Torrence-
    S- LaRon Landry- Josh Bush- D'Anton Lynn-
    S- Yeremiah Bell- Antonio Allen- Marcus Lott-
    S- Eric Smith-

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html
    Epic battle of......

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Interesting way to list Eric Smith. Maybe that's why we had so many 12 men on the field penalties on D last year.
    Rex Ryan has far more respect for Eric Smith than the fans do... he's a 1st team safety that doesn't look like it was an accident.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Agree on WRs and OTs, but I really like the Jets' current group of CBs with Wilson entering his third year and young guys like Lankster, Trufant and Steed rounding out the depth chart.

Also agree with AGAW that LBs are not terrible, there's some serious potential there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    You don't understand how a player who's been on the team for three years, and contributed at points isn't listed higher on the depth chart than a player who had a few good days of camp?
    A player who, despite being a solid returner, has, in the past, let his coaches down, fumbled on multiple occasions, and blown opportunities to take a hold of his job.

And this is coming from a McKnight fan.

From all accounts, Powell, at least thus far, has blown away coaches in camp, and excels in pass-pro, something McKnight isn't great at.

Don't get me wrong, I want both players to succeed and help the Jets win, but I think Powell has earned the temporary spotlight. If anything, it'd make McKnight work that much harder to regain his job.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Rex Ryan has far more respect for Eric Smith than the fans do... he's a 1st team safety that doesn't look like it was an accident.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they use Smith as a hybrid S/LB on passing downs. He played well in this role at the end of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Looks like 13, unless they plan on playing only one DE
    There is technically only one DE in a 3-4, the other is listed as a DT (Devito). The Depth chart doesn't mean much for this D-line and OLBs since they will all be rotating in.

I don't think Austin Howard is 3rd on the LT depth chart since he is supposed to be battling Hunter for the starting RT job. McKnight over Powell makes no sense either. Not sure about Where Eric Smith stands either. Hopefully he is used solely as an extra LB/Safety hybrid in certain schemes. He is a huge liability as a true Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Don't get how McKnight is ahead of Powell, considering how much Rex has talked up Bilal. I expect that to change by the regular season.
    Powell looked like **** last season and Joe had a 150yd performance on top of being the best return man in the league. I think he deserves the #2 role. Powell needs to prove in the preseason first that he can be counted on. If he does that he will be the #2 before the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Don't get me wrong, I want both players to succeed and help the Jets win, but I think Powell has earned the temporary spotlight. If anything, it'd make McKnight work that much harder to regain his job.
    Don't take this depth chart too seriously.

McKnight will be a change of pace on passing downs and an option in the Tebow package.

Powell will back up Greene and take over his role if necessary. If he continues to impress in camp and plays well in the preseason, he should get his fair share of chances to show what he can do.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    You don't understand how a player who's been on the team for three years, and contributed at points isn't listed higher on the depth chart than a player who had a few good days of camp?
    +1 it's a no-brainer.

Powell's resume is 28 yards thin, while McKnight is much more experienced and made some big plays.

The blocked punt for a TD, the 107 yard kickoff return - longest play in Jets history, plus numbers that are no comparison.

It would be crazy if Powell was higher on the chart.

A week of good practice doesn't move you up the depth chart. It's just a week of good practice. Powell will get his chance to make some noise on Friday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where does Percy Harvin fit in?

Eric Smith gets his own position

Other than that....looks pretty solid

Jets Insider VIP
    Agree on WRs and OTs, but I really like the Jets' current group of CBs with Wilson entering his third year and young guys like Lankster, Trufant and Steed rounding out the depth chart.

Also agree with AGAW that LBs are not terrible, there's some serious potential there.
    +1

I have few concerns on D. We've been solid there for years and spent ANOTHER 1st round pick on it this year. As usual, the O is a big ?

All League
    Great job Tanny!

our defense is so much better than our offense, its ridiculous!

3-4 base. As someone else said, the Ryan scheme calls the weak side D-lineman a tackle instead of an end, with the idea that he'll have more of a run-stopping portfolio.

Disappointed with how deep Demario Davis and Ricky Sapp are buried. Is Bryan Thomas really having a good camp? God bless if he is, but I haven't heard a peep out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Interesting Austin Howard has been with the 1s at RT while Hunter has been out but he's only listed at LT and #3 (b4 today's practice).
    Was thinking the same thing too

Veteran
    I understand that with a salary cap having quality depth is a luxury perhaps an anomaly but thus anyone find the lack of game experience in the oline backups disquietening ?

Stepho Heyer is the only guy with game experience
    We hear good things about Schlauderaff,
    Vlad is what he is until he proves us different,
    Kroul is a converted D lineman so I presume a work in progress ...
    Howard is the developmental guy we got from the Ravens practice squad ...
    We have a six round draft pick and the rest of these guys are undrafted free agents with no game experience ?