Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 192

Thread: Feeling Sad for Sanchez

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Feeling Sad for Sanchez

    It just dawned on me. Sanchez has little to work with and Bean Counter and Mouth did very little to address this. I think in the long run, Sanchez is at best an average QB, who surrounded by skilled players, might just be able to succeed. Having said that, Holmes, Hill and Greene aren't exactly game changers and the offensive line is what it is.


    I'm feeling sad for the Franchize.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

    Mark Sanchez is our best offensive player and they're doing nothing to help him develop. Last year he was target practice for opposing LB's, this year it's worse as he's got no targets and no running game.

    SAR I

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,331
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    on one hand you're saying he hasn't been given a good shot then you're saying at best he's an average qb. I think you really don't know what he will be unless the jets out some talent at the skilled positions .

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just amazing Sar1---You are pretty much going into this season with the same personnel that you had last year, minus Buress--who was dogging it pretty much the entire season. Then you put all the pressure on Sanchez without giving him even above average tools. I think that ultimately Sanchez is what he is, but heck, it sure would be nice to see him have a go at it with high skilled offensive players.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    on one hand you're saying he hasn't been given a good shot then you're saying at best he's an average qb. I think you really don't know what he will be unless the jets out some talent at the skilled positions .
    Average quarterbacks can be successful in the NFL when playing in the right system with the right surrounding cast.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

    And unless he can translate his potential into tangible results on the field this year, how much longer can he expect to have unlimited access at the Victoria's Secret and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition buffets? He may have to downshift his expectations to more reasonable JC Penny/Haynes underwear model types.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    No targets.

    No running game.

    No upgrades on the OL.

    Sanchez is screwed.

    Hello Tebow.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    +1

    And unless he can translate his potential into tangible results on the field this year, how much longer can he expect to have unlimited access at the Victoria's Secret and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition buffets? He may have to downshift his expectations to more reasonable JC Penny/Haynes underwear model types.

    Well this is a question of the cart before the horse or the horse before the cart. I say they have to move in tandem for anyone to be successful in the NFL. By the way, look what SF did with the very average Alex Smith---they added tools to his arsenal and this very average QB will definitely be competing for a Super Bowl.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Just amazing Sar1---You are pretty much going into this season with the same personnel that you had last year, minus Buress--who was dogging it pretty much the entire season. Then you put all the pressure on Sanchez without giving him even above average tools. I think that ultimately Sanchez is what he is, but heck, it sure would be nice to see him have a go at it with high skilled offensive players.
    We've said it in other threads many times- the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl the hard way. Only 2 NFL teams have ever won a championship on the back of a lights-out defense, the other 45 did it with an equally powerful offense.

    We are worse on offense. The OL is the same, the WR's have no redzone threat, the RB's can't pound the ground, and we've got no swingback to bail out Sanchez like LT. They're going to get killed. It's going to be humiliating.

    We've invested way too much time and energy on our defense; it doesn't matter if they can hold an opponent to 10 points if we can't score 11.

    SAR I

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We've said it in other threads many times- the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl the hard way. Only 2 NFL teams have ever won a championship on the back of a lights-out defense, the other 45 did it with an equally powerful offense.

    SAR I
    You can throw Tampa in as well.

    Our best chances are squeaking in and unless we are going to get some Eli-type magic, we have no shot.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    No targets.

    No running game.

    No upgrades on the OL.

    Sanchez is screwed.

    Hello Tebow.
    Exactly. And I'll add....

    Hello Buffalo (loss).

    Hello Pittsburgh (loss).

    Hello Miami (loss).

    Hello Niners (loss).

    Hello Texans (loss).

    Goodbye Rex & Sanchez.

    Hello Sparano & Tebow.

    Hello Indianapolis (win).

    Hello New England (loss).

    At least we'll be able to trick-or-treat with our kids this year come October.

    SAR I

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    No targets.

    No running game.

    No upgrades on the OL.

    Sanchez is screwed.

    Hello Tebow.
    The JETS management for the past 43 years........... except a few.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We've said it in other threads many times- the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl the hard way. Only 2 NFL teams have ever won a championship on the back of a lights-out defense, the other 45 did it with an equally powerful offense.

    We are worse on offense. The OL is the same, the WR's have no redzone threat, the RB's can't pound the ground, and we've got no swingback to bail out Sanchez like LT. They're going to get killed. It's going to be humiliating.

    We've invested way too much time and energy on our defense; it doesn't matter if they can hold an opponent to 10 points if we can't score 11.

    SAR I

    Guy has a point.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar1 is one of the few people on this board who actually gets it.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Exactly. And I'll add....

    Hello Buffalo (loss).

    Hello Pittsburgh (loss).

    Hello Miami (loss).

    Hello Niners (loss).

    Hello Texans (loss).

    Goodbye Rex & Sanchez.

    Hello Sparano & Tebow.

    Hello Indianapolis (win).

    Hello New England (loss).

    At least we'll be able to trick-or-treat with our kids this year come October.

    SAR I
    I am not agreeing with this by any means but if that happens Mike Tannenbaum will be the first one out on his ear. A GM does not get unlimited chances to select a coaching staff and to reload the roster. Mike T. will have failed spectaculalry with two head coaches and six or seven years later with the roster in tatters.

    Of course DWC thinks this will be the greatest Jets defense in the history of the franchise and someone else on that dopey thread thought this year was going to showcase the best Jets team in 30 years. So there is a little bit of a divergence of opinions in there.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We've said it in other threads many times- the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl the hard way. Only 2 NFL teams have ever won a championship on the back of a lights-out defense, the other 45 did it with an equally powerful offense.

    We are worse on offense. The OL is the same, the WR's have no redzone threat, the RB's can't pound the ground, and we've got no swingback to bail out Sanchez like LT. They're going to get killed. It's going to be humiliating.

    We've invested way too much time and energy on our defense; it doesn't matter if they can hold an opponent to 10 points if we can't score 11.

    SAR I
    well said

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are all right. This offense is tailor made for Tim Tebow. That is why he is here. That is why he will be starting by October.

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I am not agreeing with this by any means but if that happens Mike Tannenbaum will be the first one out on his ear. A GM does not get unlimited chances to select a coaching staff and to reload the roster. Mike T. will have failed spectaculalry with two head coaches and six or seven years later with the roster in tatters.

    Of course DWC thinks this will be the greatest Jets defense in the history of the franchise and someone else on that dopey thread thought this year was going to showcase the best Jets team in 30 years. So there is a little bit of a divergence of opinions in there.
    Woody Johnson is not a football guy and thus Mike Tannenbaum is his right-hand-man and the only guy he trusts to run the team. Parcells hand-picked him, and he's done a masterful job with the salary cap and keeping us competitive since 1997. When we have a completely healthy QB, we're a 9-10 win team with a legitimate shot at the playoffs since Kotite left town.

    The Patriots, ironically, help Tannenbaum's case. Truth is that no team was going to surpass the New England dynasty, and Mike's done a great job of keeping us in second place, competitive and exciting enough to sell MetLife Stadium. Ultimately, that's what Woody wants.

    SAR I

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Exactly. And I'll add....

    Hello Buffalo (loss).

    Hello Pittsburgh (loss).

    Hello Miami (loss).

    Hello Niners (loss).

    Hello Texans (loss).

    Goodbye Rex & Sanchez.

    Hello Sparano & Tebow.

    Hello Indianapolis (win).

    Hello New England (loss).

    At least we'll be able to trick-or-treat with our kids this year come October.

    SAR I
    I think we agree, there is a ZERO chance Tannenbaum gets fired. IMO the only way Rex gets fired is if we are 2-14 with a HEALTHY team. But I agree, Sanchez is on a very short leash.

    If we start 0-5 (which is highly unlikely, I think 2-3 at worst) then I will be hoping for a 2 win season. Screw pride, we need blue-chips.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-08-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us