Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Feeling Sad for Sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Good or bad start, Tebow will not be in the starting line-up, Sanchez would have to fail miserably, and it wouldn't be until after the first half of the season.

The poster "Namath" has a diatribe in every post, rarely posts a single positive thing about the Jets and is always whining about all players and coaches.

It's hilarious he has finally found a player to support and it happens that he's over hyping Tebow. Go figure.
    i hope you're right. but i thought the same thing last year with denver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You don't need to remind me of who you are, I already know.

Sanchez does have all the tools. I do not disagree with that, but there again so did Vinny Testaverde. Undermined by a defensive buffoon? Once again these nonsense ideas you get stuck in your head are controlling your life.

The ONLY way we are sitiing here debating Sanchez today is because Rex Ryan has been extra committed to Sanchez. Sanchez would have been cut already by another team.
    And you also focus on some minor problems the team had last season. What
    about the prior two seasons? Did you forget them? Or maybe it doesn't fit your agenda?

Sanchez was asked to rise to the occasion when things weren't exactly great with his teammates. Were they horrendous and beyond his control? NO. Any franchise QB would have risen above it or found a way around it.
    If Tom Brady were on this team, you bet your a$$ he would gone at least 12-4. Those statements you are making are complete crap and you know it. You don't actually think anyone believes you?

And as I already said, winning championships based on a great running game and stifling defense is what Rex decides to do because he's never been able to trust his starting QB to do the right thing. Every time he gives Sanchez a chance he f*cks things up. Just look at the last 3 games of last season.

Face it Sar, you're all wet. You have this completely outlandish nonsense belief about the team and I don't think ANYONE shares it.
    "Sanchez would be cut by another team".....that is absolutely RIDICULOUS, even for this board.

Yards TD Int Record
    2400 15 13 2-12
    1400 7 9 2-5
    3000 17 21 7-9

Yards TD Int Record
    2300 12 16 3-9
    2900 17 22 5-11
    3000 19 12 6-10

Yards TD Int Record
    3300 17 16 8-8
    2100 11 15 2-9
    3100 27 7 11-4

Yards TD Int Record
    2400 12 20 8-7
    3300 17 13 11-5
    3470 26 18 8-8

Those are some "First Three Years" stats for highly drafted QBs....you can pretty clearly see how sanchez stacks up vs 2 guys who did get cut and one guy who won a SB.

The kid had 14 college starts and just turned 25, can we allow for ANY player development here or should we cut all 3rd year QBs who have a bad 3 game stretch????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4541179]
    Our O has sucked for 7 years? It's had its moments. Our QB threw 26 TDs and we had the best redzone offense in football last year. Year before, we had a WR corps of Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery that Indy, NE, and Pitt couldn't stop in the playoffs. LT was talked about as an MVP candidate first half of 2010. You think the O was bad these last few years, boy are you in for a doozy this season.
    Did we score a lot of points in any of those games? Sanchez didn't even have over 200 yards his big game vs the Pats. Just because our D gives him the ball with good position A LOT, doesn't mean he is moving the ball well. We have trouble dominating anyone on O even the Bills who sported the worst D last year. This team is much better then anything we have seen in a while. For the 1st time in years I am excited about the O. No more gimmicks just good talent all around. If you can't see that oh well you'll be in for a surprise IMO.

Also, if Greene were a 1,200+ yard back, he'd probably have run for 1,200+ yards at some point. If you are delusional enough to believe our offense has no problem with teams like SF and Houston, then I guess you'll believe anything. So you might as well just start planning our SB parade....
    Yeah one year of starting he obviously can't do it even if he looked the part last year. Do you even watch football? I guess Chris Johnson is no longer a capable back either. He looked better then half the starters in the league so give me a break here. Greene was injured for a few games and had 1054 yards rushing and 211 receiving. Dude had over 1200 APR which is average. His last 6 games he looked every bit the back we where hoping for. You want more well your in luck because with a healthy OL he likely will have more.

If we loose both those games the only finger I will be pointing is at Sanchez. He obviously has the weapons he needs to win games that we will be favorite in. Like it or not those are two home games we have the match ups to win and should. Anyone who think otherwise is just making excuses Sanchez who needs to produce at least average #s. The fact you think we can't just tells me you have 0 faith that Sanchez can get it done. So your already making excuses. Stop blaming the rest of the world and point the blame where it should lay. He needs to get it done he has more talent then most teams out there right now and you know it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The ONLY way we are sitiing here debating Sanchez today is because Rex Ryan has been extra committed to Sanchez. Sanchez would have been cut already by another team.
    You have a lot of valid points, don't sully them by making dumb statements like this.

Top 5 drafted QBs don't get cut on their rookie deal unless they're injured or have a serious attitude problems/horrible work ethic. That's an absolute NFL fact.

To claim that Sanchez would have been cut already after only 3 years in the league is ridiculous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If we loose both those games the only finger I will be pointing is at Sanchez. He obviously has the weapons he needs to win games that we will be favorite in. Like it or not those are two home games we have the match ups to win and should. Anyone who think otherwise is just making excuses Sanchez who needs to produce at least average #s. The fact you think we can't just tells me you have 0 faith that Sanchez can get it done. So your already making excuses. Stop blaming the rest of the world and point the blame where it should lay. He needs to get it done he has more talent then most teams out there right now and you know it.
    You think we'll be favored over the 49ers and Texans? They are popular SB picks out of both conferences. Unless they have a horrible start to the season, what exactly are you smoking? I get that we are at home, but Vegas considers us a middle of the road team and they are both considered elite, just look at SB odds.

Sanchez has more talent than most teams? On offense? Wow you've really lost your marbles. Our skill position players are the envy of no one in this league. You think other fans are sitting there saying "Man I wish we had Holmes, Hill, Schillens, Greene, and McKnight... that would be so sick!" Sanchez has a very bad hand and he won't even get to finish off TD drives if you believe Rex.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You have a lot of valid points, don't sully them by making dumb statements like this.

Top 5 drafted QBs don't get cut on their rookie deal unless they're injured or have a serious attitude problems/horrible work ethic. That's an absolute NFL fact.

To claim that Sanchez would have been cut already after only 3 years in the league is ridiculous.
    This is truth. Russell had 3 and he was a total bust. Harrington had 4 and Carr had 5. Not to mention guys like Rex or Boller who had like 6. If they keep showing talent teams usually stick with them. I just don't want to see an Alex Smith where we feel impelled to keep him for way longer then we should because we have no other options. Smith's mediocre 4th year gave revived hope that is still killing SF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    It just dawned on me. Sanchez has little to work with and Bean Counter and Mouth did very little to address this. I think in the long run, Sanchez is at best an average QB, who surrounded by skilled players, might just be able to succeed. Having said that, Holmes, Hill and Greene aren't exactly game changers and the offensive line is what it is.

I'm feeling sad for the Franchize.
    When are you gonna get it through your thick noggin, Mark Sanchez era as a Jet is nearing the END! jet fuel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    You think we'll be favored over the 49ers and Texans? They are popular SB picks out of both conferences. Unless they have a horrible start to the season, what exactly are you smoking? I get that we are at home, but Vegas considers us a middle of the road team and they are both considered elite, just look at SB odds.

Sanchez has more talent than most teams? On offense? Wow you've really lost your marbles. Our skill position players are the envy of no one in this league. You think other fans are sitting there saying "Man I wish we had Holmes, Hill, Schillens, Greene, and McKnight... that would be so sick!" Sanchez has a very bad hand and he won't even get to finish off TD drives if you believe Rex.
    Considering the talent of previous year yes this is much better talent. If you think 2 years ago teams where drooling over our O you'd be wrong. No one wanted BE or Holmes that was why we got both of them for the price of a cup of coffee. If teams overlook what we have now that is their loss. SF is a hometown fave or Vages so don't look too much into that. Them and SD will likely both be like 2-1 faves I don't care. They are a long way from winning anything. If you're buying into that team but not us I feel sorry for you. Position by position we are better almost everywhere but OLB and maybe TE. Really SB faves my hair butt. Houston is everyone long shot pick IMO. Like us last year or the year before maybe? Yeah they are way better and again are in our home on a short rest. Yes I expect to be favorites that game unless we are like 1-3. Which should not happen. Everyone bets against us anyway. You want to make money that may be the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    [/B]

Are you joking with statements like this

Yeah you are right if only the greatest QB in the modern era were on the Jets we would have won more games as opposed to a 3rd year QB that we in fact have

We all get it, you and some others don't like Sanchez and yes he has to play better we all get that but as scores of posters have pointed out, Sanchez is not reponsible for the poor OL play, the WRs not getting seperation on their routes, Holmes poor attitude towards the end of last year, Plex being to old to get it done between the 20's, Keller and Holmes dropping key passes or fumbling in big games, Greene not being a top tier RB and the maddening play calling of our former OC, Shotty..

Yet day after day thread after thread you and a few other posters continue to pillor Sanchez with daming praise..... It's a joke!!!

"If only we had had Brady," now I've heard it all...AGAIN!!!

Good Grief!!!
    The O-Line did a great job his first two seasons, what's your excuse now? He has some of the best players in the league in front of him, how many QB's can say that? But hey, at least you homers acknowledge that Marky Mark the Messiah ("Triple M" ©Me) has to play better (boy you really went out on a limb on that one). Do you fanboys actually assume that every other QB in the league has the best players at every position around them? Because that's the impression I get. How much more talent does this guy actually need to play well? Does Flacco have a great line? Does Big Ben? Or how about Matt Ryan? Peyton Manning? You guys are too funny.

Give MMM Peterson at RB, Fitz & Calvin Johnson at WR, Gronk @ TE, the best O-Line unit, and the best defense and he's gonna put up decent stats. A free agent QB could do that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Triple M eh...

Lamer than Lame

time for you to go back where you belong...

This message is hidden because DaBallhawk is on your ignore list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Triple M eh...

Lamer than Lame

Not using the TapaTalk?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Triple M eh...

Lamer than Lame

We missed your pointless posts on this board. As long as you're defending MMM with nothing to base on everything is good!