Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling Sad for Sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's not mourne the season before the first preseason game is even played. If this team can turn it around from 2 amazing seasons to 8-8 then I see no reason why there's no possibility to get back to where we were before that. Teams go from worst to first all the time and the jets aren't nearly as bas as a worst team.

It's time to let last season go. I don't know what's gonna happen this year and neither does anybody else. Wait and see guys. The sky isn't falling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Mark Sanchez is our best offensive player and they're doing nothing to help him develop. Last year he was target practice for opposing LB's, this year it's worse as he's got no targets and no running game.

SAR I
    He's not even close to being our best offensive player. And he's surrounded by tons of talented players and a great defense. But whatever...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This board sucks man.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We've said it in other threads many times- the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl the hard way. Only 2 NFL teams have ever won a championship on the back of a lights-out defense, the other 45 did it with an equally powerful offense.

We are worse on offense. The OL is the same, the WR's have no redzone threat, the RB's can't pound the ground, and we've got no swingback to bail out Sanchez like LT. They're going to get killed. It's going to be humiliating.

We've invested way too much time and energy on our defense; it doesn't matter if they can hold an opponent to 10 points if we can't score 11.

SAR I
    So clearly people here feel we haven’t given sanchez enough to work with offensively. While I agree that schotty was an awful OC for a young qb, Id like all the detractors to give some examples of where we made a mistake. Look at the last few years of drafting and FA.

1. 2008 draft trade up in first round for a TE who by all accounts has been a good, not great player.
    2. 2009 draft trade up in 3rd round for a RB, who has been a good not great player
    3. 2010 draft use a 3rd round pick on joe mcknight
    4. 2011 draft use a 4th round pick on powell and a 5th on an all-purpose WR in kerley
    5. 2012 draft trade up in 2nd round for a stud WR in Hill

Who would you have drafted as an offensive playmaker last year? Demarco Murray had a great rookie year as a 3rd round pick, but other then that, who….shane vereene? Mikel Leshoue? Daniel Thomas? Are these guys the game breakers you want? Instead of Kendrick Ellis, we could have had Alexander Green who went 2 picks later? Where are these playmakers everyone wants?

This year who could we have taken instead of coples to help the offense? You can make an argument for doug martin, but we would have had to trade back as he was not a top 16 guy.

As for free agency….we resigned mangold and Dbrick two of our core players. We traded for 2 high risk WRs, signed one who hasn’t been what we hoped and dumped the other who didn’t play more then 2 games last season.
    There are only so many picks a team has, and while we did use a #2 on the Cro trade, we made attempts to acquire offensive talent. Yes our trade ups left us with poor oline depth last year which ultimately was the biggest problem on offense, but you cant get an all-pro at every position.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    He's not even close to being our best offensive player. And he's surrounded by tons of talented players and a great defense. But whatever...
    and what did that produce last year? Look at tall the points allowed for a GREAT D. Remember the Denver game? We couldn't stop Tebow WHEN IT MATTERED.

We are a better than average team with a decent track record Post parcells. Thats it. We are eating a quarter pounder when a few teams eat filet mignon.

But whatever....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    It just dawned on me. Sanchez has little to work with and Bean Counter and Mouth did very little to address this. I think in the long run, Sanchez is at best an average QB, who surrounded by skilled players, might just be able to succeed. Having said that, Holmes, Hill and Greene aren't exactly game changers and the offensive line is what it is.

I'm feeling sad for the Franchize.
    How many of these threads are you going to post?

The Jets addressed the position by signing Schilens, and drafting Hill, Kerley, and White in the last two years. You can't list a player and say they aren't game changers when you haven't even seen them play. You are giving no regard for the potential of the players that have been added and what the front office HAS done to address a position you said they haven't.

Why do you and so many fans need to prance about ont his site with your SOJF negative schticks?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar1 is one of the few people on this board who actually gets it.

And both of you continue your sharade on this board with your attention seeking schticks, how ironic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets' depth isn't great, no. But go ahead and try to name the teams out there that go quality 4 deep at WR or O-lines with 2 stud reserves to fill in. I bet you come up with maybe 3 or 4 teams at the most.

Look, I feel bad Sanchez doesn't have a ton of playmakers. But a lot of teams have it just as bad -- many teams worse -- in the playmaking/depth dept.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This board sucks man.
    Attention seeking SOJF suck!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    really?
    REALLY!
    REALLY!!!

He's young. healthy, talented, and has made more money in 3 years of work than most people make in their lifetimes....and Kate Upton...

COME ON MAN!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    So clearly people here feel we haven’t given sanchez enough to work with offensively. While I agree that schotty was an awful OC for a young qb, Id like all the detractors to give some examples of where we made a mistake. Look at the last few years of drafting and FA.

1. 2008 draft trade up in first round for a TE who by all accounts has been a good, not great player.
    2. 2009 draft trade up in 3rd round for a RB, who has been a good not great player
    3. 2010 draft use a 3rd round pick on joe mcknight
    4. 2011 draft use a 4th round pick on powell and a 5th on an all-purpose WR in kerley
    5. 2012 draft trade up in 2nd round for a stud WR in Hill

Who would you have drafted as an offensive playmaker last year? Demarco Murray had a great rookie year as a 3rd round pick, but other then that, who….shane vereene? Mikel Leshoue? Daniel Thomas? Are these guys the game breakers you want? Instead of Kendrick Ellis, we could have had Alexander Green who went 2 picks later? Where are these playmakers everyone wants?

This year who could we have taken instead of coples to help the offense? You can make an argument for doug martin, but we would have had to trade back as he was not a top 16 guy.

As for free agency….we resigned mangold and Dbrick two of our core players. We traded for 2 high risk WRs, signed one who hasn’t been what we hoped and dumped the other who didn’t play more then 2 games last season.
    There are only so many picks a team has, and while we did use a #2 on the Cro trade, we made attempts to acquire offensive talent. Yes our trade ups left us with poor oline depth last year which ultimately was the biggest problem on offense, but you cant get an all-pro at every position.

Valiant effort, unfortunately, there are some in this thread whose MO is to suppress the board with their miserable and tired schtick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar1 is one of the few people on this board who actually gets it.
    Then why do 80% of the posters call SAR a troll?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

And both of you continue your sharade on this board with your attention seeking schticks, how ironic.
    Then start a thread crying to the mods to ban them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Then why do 80% of the posters call SAR a troll?

This thread wouldn't be complete without our #1 troll.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes and Keller would be better players with a better QB. Sanchez doesn't have the mental skill set to be a top NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Then start a thread crying to the mods to ban them.
    Oh look, the troll is once AGAIN derailing another thread...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't feel bad for sanchez. i felt bad for much of the offense with schotty.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez isn't good enough to be a bigtime pocket passer and he's not smart enough with his decisions to be a game manager. He's a stopgap until the Jets can find a real QB (Tebow isn't it).

The saddest part of that is either:

1. That fans on this board will blame his O-line, Shotty, or the weather for Sanchez's shortcomings

2. That we've wasted our window of having a kickass defense and great running game with a below-average QB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Sanchez isn't good enough to be a bigtime pocket passer and he's not smart enough with his decisions to be a game manager. He's a stopgap until the Jets can find a real QB (Tebow isn't it).

The saddest part of that is either:

1. That fans on this board will blame his O-line, Shotty, or the weather for Sanchez's shortcomings

2. That we've wasted our window of having a kickass defense and great running game with a below-average QB
    the defense isn't as great as it's made out to be. the sacks and turnovers are what makes good defenses truly great.

the offense should be better just by switching OCs. but the defense isn't near what the ravens had when they won. all 3 units on this team need to improve to get to the playoffs again. specials last year were rather ordinary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This board sucks man.
    That's it I'm not watching any games this year. There's no sense. Why endure 16 weekends of pain and gloom. Might as well go fishing or golfing.