Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling Sad for Sanchez

You guys are right. There's no way that this season will work out. Clearly the experts on this board are also collectively Nostradamus 2.0.

I'll just skip watching the games and post here more with SAR.

All League
    "Franchize?!"

they used a 2nd round pick on a tall fast WR, i don't know about this "mark gets no help" idea. The Jets did improve the talent with the addition of Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You guys are right. There's no way that this season will work out. Clearly the experts on this board are also collectively Nostradamus 2.0.

Seems to be what quite a few folks think, isn't it?

No point watching, we're a doomed, talentless bordering on evil (Rex and Tanny) team full of conspiracies (Tebow) and descrimination (against Sanchez) looking to lose big, make alot of money by doing so, and screw the fans at every turn (Woody). Winning is not a priority.

Honestly, if I thought my team was like that, they wouldn't be my team for long.

Well, lost cause or not, I think the Eyores here are a bit preemptive in their doomsaying. Like all NFL teams, we have weaknesses and strengths, and are not brilliant or quality veteran at all spots. But I see nothing, in us, or our rivals, to project out a 10 loss season, mass firings, and Tebow-mania as they're projecting.

At worst, IMO, this team is a boring, medicore, Defense-led 7-9. I see almost no chance of us, in the AFC Least, finishing worse than that. And quite a chance of better.

Personally, I think we have far too many emo fans wholesale declaring seasons over before the first preseason game, and players busts before they take their first NFL snap. IMO, thats just pure foolish sillyness.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-08-2012 at 11:09 AM.

All Pro
    I've heard of the Shriner's Convention, but not the Whiner's Convention. Now we have it, here at JI. Rextillion lays out his usual dead bloated rhino post and the usual sad vultures flock to pick at the carcass with self-satsified glee.

It would be depressing if the usual suspects weren't so... well... usual.

Carry on.

Hall Of Fame
    Gee whiz. That was a fast 3 weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What are you doing here, this is the whiney, sky is falling broken record club for the brain dead. All the usual whiners are here blowing wind with the same old whine, bean counter, loud mouth, blah, blah, blah.

You made a wrong turn on the way to a Jet discussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Some "fans" on this site sound like 12 year olds who just found out that the Justin Beiber show sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    and what did that produce last year? Look at tall the points allowed for a GREAT D. Remember the Denver game? We couldn't stop Tebow WHEN IT MATTERED.

We are a better than average team with a decent track record Post parcells. Thats it. We are eating a quarter pounder when a few teams eat filet mignon.

But whatever....
    Are you actually complaining that the defense wasn't perfect?
    We lost because we couldn't score a TD on them! Well actually we did score ONE touchdown. A fumble recovery by Slauson in the endzone.
    Where was Sanchez to win that game for us? Tebow did what Sanchez was supposed to do.

But keep defending your man. It's always everyone elses fault.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Seems to be what quite a few folks think, isn't it?

No point watching, we're a doomed, talentless bordering on evil (Rex and Tanny) team full of conspiracies (Tebow) and descrimination (against Sanchez) looking to lose big, make alot of money by doing so, and screw the fans at every turn (Woody). Winning is not a priority.

Honestly, if I thought my team was like that, they wouldn't be my team for long.

Well, lost cause or not, I think the Eyores here are a bit preemptive in their doomsaying. Like all NFL teams, we have weaknesses and strengths, and are not brilliant or quality veteran at all spots. But I see nothing, in us, or our rivals, to project out a 10 loss season, mass firings, and Tebow-mania as they're projecting.

At worst, IMO, this team is a boring, medicore, Defense-led 7-9. I see almost no chance of us, in the AFC Least, finishing worse than that. And quite a chance of better.

Personally, I think we have far too many emo fans wholesale declaring seasons over before the first preseason game, and players busts before they take their first NFL snap. IMO, thats just pure foolish sillyness.
    Oooh. I like that. I'm stealing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Sanchez isn't good enough to be a bigtime pocket passer and he's not smart enough with his decisions to be a game manager. He's a stopgap until the Jets can find a real QB (Tebow isn't it).

The saddest part of that is either:

1. That fans on this board will blame his O-line, Shotty, or the weather for Sanchez's shortcomings

2. That we've wasted our window of having a kickass defense and great running game with a below-average QB

I love the arm-chair GM's and talent evaluators on this board!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Another train wreck on the Strip.

Who didn't see this coming?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You are all right. This offense is tailor made for Tim Tebow. That is why he is here. That is why he will be starting by October.
    Actually, this makes a lot of sense. Believe it or not, i like both Tebow, AND Sanchez.

I think you are spot on when you say this team is a better fit for Tebow at QB.
    NOT SAYING Tebow is a better passer, but if this 2012 Jets team is going to rely on its Defense, id rather have Tebow Rushing for 20 times a game under center rather than Sanchez trying to squeeze it in there to the likes of Santoni-ho Holmes, and a bunch of maybe's.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We've said it in other threads many times- the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl the hard way. Only 2 NFL teams have ever won a championship on the back of a lights-out defense, the other 45 did it with an equally powerful offense.

We are worse on offense. The OL is the same, the WR's have no redzone threat, the RB's can't pound the ground, and we've got no swingback to bail out Sanchez like LT. They're going to get killed. It's going to be humiliating.

We've invested way too much time and energy on our defense; it doesn't matter if they can hold an opponent to 10 points if we can't score 11.

SAR I
    Who are the two teams that have done it?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

John,

I think most of us will still watch, i know i will.

We are just discussing that the team has glaring holes on Offense. I dont think anybody is hoping, or betting on an implosion, just fearful we may see one.

There is a big difference.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Who are the two teams that have done it?
    '85 Bears and '00 Ravens

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Then why do 80% of the posters call SAR a troll?
    As opposed to the 100% of posters who call you a troll?

Veteran

"What time's the game?"

"All I know is we're getting shellacked."

I'm confused by this thread. The eyores have said that this team did not improve from last season and will be worse.

Lets look at the Offense for a moment. Schotty gone is addition by subtraction. Hill is much better then Plexico. Schillens/White/Kerley is better then D Mason. Cumberland is a big upgrade over Mulligan. A healthy Mangold/Moore and Slausen are better then the injured versions.

On Defense we improved the Safety position dramatically and added depth. LB squad is improved adding speed with Davis and Sapp and of course Maybin has been lights out in camp. The D Line features Wilk looking ready to break out and added Couples, a speedy end with a sky high ceiling.

Virtually every unit looks better on both sides of the ball vs last season. Coaching looks to be improved with Dunbar, Deguliamo and Sparano as well.

I don't get the pessimism. Sure I'd like a star RB. Thats could be a weak spot. But all in all I see an improved team with elite potential. Sanchez is the key. If he turns the corner this team will be special.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    It just dawned on me. Sanchez has little to work with and Bean Counter and Mouth did very little to address this. I think in the long run, Sanchez is at best an average QB, who surrounded by skilled players, might just be able to succeed. Having said that, Holmes, Hill and Greene aren't exactly game changers and the offensive line is what it is.

I'm feeling sad for the Franchize.