Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mitt Romney is a Killer, The "Understands" Ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It says alot though, that Obama 2012 and it's allies are running primarily on how despicable and evil Romney is, and not how great and effective Obama has been.
    And what is Romney running on? How despicable and evil Obama is.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Romney when he was in government actually expanded health care.
    Then why doesn't he run on that?

All Pro
    More Dem classy ads. I love how Dems get to shout "that's racist" at the drop of a hat AND do the same thing and worse to Allen West.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/too-...beating-women/

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Last I looked, he's running on the current state of the economy and unemployment.

No doubt he's running a negative campaign as well. Nor will I play a "he started it, no he started it, game".

But as PK always likes to say in his perenial defense of Democrats and lambasting of Republicans, Romney did not run last cycle or now as the "hope and change", "postpartisan", "change how Washington Politics Works", "Civility" candidate. Obama did.

At the end of the day, this is exactly why it's hard to take any partisan seriously. A defense of this Ad is a defense of Party > Reality and the idea of "Any Means to Get Our Desired Result".

Jets Insider VIP
    Man.

It's really gotta suck to go up people so slimy as the Demoncrats and realize that you're still gonna lose because your side is about as appealing as a dumpster behind a Asian fish market sitting in the hot August sun.

I feel for you guys...I do.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Man.

It's really gotta suck to go up people so slimy as the Demoncrats and realize that you're still gonna lose because your side is about as appealing as a dumpster behind a Asian fish market sitting in the hot August sun.

I feel for you guys...I do.

I don't know, people who like trees that are the right height are very bullish on Mittens.

Last I looked, he's running on the current state of the economy and unemployment.

No doubt he's running a negative campaign as well. Nor will I play a "he started it, no he started it, game".

But as PK always likes to say in his perenial defense of Democrats and lambasting of Republicans, Romney did not run last cycle or now as the "hope and change", "postpartisan", "change how Washington Politics Works", "Civility" candidate. Obama did.

At the end of the day, this is exactly why it's hard to take any partisan seriously. A defense of this Ad is a defense of Party > Reality and the idea of "Any Means to Get Our Desired Result".
    There is a difference between attacking the policy mistakes Obama has made and calling Romney a murdering, child molesting, tax cheating felon. There is really no comparison. The GOP doesn't need to name call when the disasterous decisions of the Obama administration are on display.

They leaked national security secrets for political gain. They wasted 800 billion in stimulus funds on payoffs to green energy cronies. They passed a healthcare law even after liberals voted against it in Mass when Brown was elected. We now know that they blatantly lied about the cost of the job killing healthcare bill. They blocked Keystone, gutted the coal industry and blackmailed Boeing. To top it all off the only policy position Obama has taken in this cycle is a promise to raise taxes on the investor class. A move that economists predict will cost close to a million jobs.

Then why doesn't he run on that?
    He is.

That was one of my big fears with Obama's run in 2008 - that he'd forever taint that as a selling point.

No. And he doesn't have to, just like you don't have to autotroll. And if you're indicative of the enthusiasm of Obama voters ... Won and Done.