Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jets @ cincinnati : Fri, Aug. 10 - 7:30 pm ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow jets @ cincinnati : Fri, Aug. 10 - 7:30 pm ~ ~ ~

Bengals' preseason starting lineup

This is the depth chart on the Bengals’ official release for their preseason opener :

OFFENSE

WR Brandon Tate

LT Andrew Whitworth

LG Travelle Wharton

C Kyle Cook

RG Kevin Zeitler

RT Andre Smith

TE Jermaine Gresham

WR A.J. Green

QB Andy Dalton

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

FB Chris Pressley

Stat to remember :
    Dalton was the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to throw 20 or more TD passes while starting eight or more wins.

Best battle :
    The No. 2 wide receiver job is up for grabs. Tate has the early edge but he’ll have to hold off Armon Binns and Mohamed Sanu.

Injury watch :
    Slot receiver Jordan Shipley doesn't seem to be running up to full speed after last season's ACL injury and has been running with the second team.

~ ~ DEFENSE

DE Carlos Dunlap

NT Domata Peko

DT Geno Atkins

DE Michael Johnson

OLB Manny Lawson

MLB Rey Maualuga

OLB Thomas Howard

LCB Nate Clements

RCB Leon Hall

SS Taylor Mays

FS Reggie Nelson

Stat to remember :
    Atkins tied last year for the NFL sacks lead among interior linemen with 7.5. He also led the Bengals in sacks and was second on the line in tackles (68).

Best battle :
    Mays is the favorite to win the strong safety job that became open when the Bengals released Chris Crocker. But Jeromy Miles knows the defense as well and George Iloka is a promising fifth-round rookie.

Injury watch :
    It seems like every cornerback is coming off an injury or dealing with one: Hall (Achilles), Clements (abdominal strain), Adam Jones (hamstring), Brandon Ghee (wrist), Dre Kirkpatrick (leg) and Shaun Prater (knee).

> http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...tarting-lineup

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the game is being televised on the nfl network. will it also be shown locally?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the game is being televised on the nfl network. will it also be shown locally?
    WCBS (channel 2) will have the game in the NY market
    Last edited by Jetsfan95; 08-08-2012 at 11:12 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hallo meneer...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    hallo meneer...
    hi sg3 ! !

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    hi sg3 ! !

not me, kel

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    WCBS (channel 2) will have the game in the NY market
    Damn, and I just wasted $20 on NFL Rewind pre-season because the schedule only showed it broadcast on Direct TV. Bastards!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    And a Cleveland player is relavent to a Cincinnati game how?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank goodness for DVR! Have a gig Friday night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Thank goodness for DVR! Have a gig Friday night.
    in Tarnby??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    in Tarnby??
    Welcome back sg3. I bet bingo was getting boring.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back sg3. I bet bingo was getting boring.
    prefer Hold em frankly. And reading this place without logging which is where I saw that long time diehard Jet fan daballhawk thinking that you actually do live in Denmark.

SKOAL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    D.Woody Adds His Voice to Preseason Coverage

Ever since Damien Woody retired from the NFL after the 2010 season, he's been finding his voice as a broadcaster on ESPN's New York and national TV/radio platforms and for Sirius NFL Radio. In refining that voice last year, he had some occasionally hard-edged observations about the state of the Jets.Which makes D-Wood's take on the Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow QB depth chart worth listening to."I wouldn't even describe it as a quarterback battle — Mark's a quarterback and Tim's a football player is the way I look at it," Woody told newyorkjets.com this week. "I look at the specific role they have for Tim Tebow. He can be an asset to the team. We all know Rex's philosophy: run the football. We all know his formula: rushing attempts plus completions. Tim's going to add to the rushing attempts, and I'm assuming Rex sees this thing playing out as a formula for winning ballgames again."

Thus he takes the opposite side of the debate from Jets alumnus Boomer Esiason, who made headlines Monday by saying he would trim Tebow from the roster, and sooner than later."This whole cutting or not cutting Tim Tebow — you don't cut good football players," the Green & White's starting right tackle from 2008-10. "You find a role for good football players."

Woody's observations are appropriate because he will be assuming a new role in covering the Jets this summer. With Greg Buttle moving from ESPN Radio's coverage into the WCBS-TV booth with Ian Eagle again for the Jets' three non-national preseason games, Woody will take Buttle's spot in ESPN's pre- and postgame shows."I'm pretty excited about it," he said. "Obviously a lot of people know how I feel about the organization. For them to reach out to me to do this assignment, I feel blessed about it. It's a great way to reconnect with the organization, and it's another avenue that I'm looking forward to going into."Woody's been down a number of media streets already. He's seen regularly on ESPN's NFL 32 and SportsCenter and can be heard on ESPN Radio, now on the FM band at 98.7, cohosting with Ryan Ruocco this week.

Can a gig as a network analyst be far behind ?

"It's just too early to say. Really, I'm just taking my time getting a feel for all the different things," he said. "I think in the next year or so I'll be able to have a better idea about which direction I want to go. I'm just having fun doing it all. It allows me to stay close to the game and I'm working with some really good people."He'll be working with Ruocco again in the first pre-and-post assignment on Friday night sandwiched around the Bengals game. Then regular host Don LaGreca returns to team with Woody before and after the Giants game on Aug. 18 and the Eagles game on Aug. 30.And so we could see old No. 67 back in Cortland next week, the last week of camp in Central New York, to prep for those shows — "I'm definitely going to do my homework" — and renew acquaintances with some of the trenchmen he sweated alongside up here in 2009 and '10."The air is really good up there. It was a nice atmosphere, it really was. I thought it did our team well," he said. As for the O-line, "We've talked about Rex wanting to get back to running the ball. I'm real curious to see what that's going to look like. I think the best chance for the Jets to win this year is running the football, controlling the clock. It's going to be up to the big guys up front to reestablish their identity on the line of scrimmage this year."

Woody would love to join his teammates on the field of battle again, but he knows that train has left the station."Any player misses the game. I definitely miss the game. I miss the locker room camaraderie with everybody," he said. "I think the world of Rex. I think he's a good head coach. Those guys were fair with me and we had a good run when I was there. But life goes on. Football is a young man's game. You've got to move forward." And so Woody will move forward with another entry on his résumé. For three weeks this summer, he'll again be performing for Green & White game watchers, only this time there'll be more deep thoughts and less heavy lifting.

> http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...2-1e670cc201db

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    prefer Hold em frankly. And reading this place without logging which is where I saw that long time diehard Jet fan daballhawk thinking that you actually do live in Denmark.

SKOAL
    I wish I lived in Denmark.

The chicks there are amazing. The real chicks that is. Not the "Kelly" variety.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I lived in Denmark.

The chicks there are amazing. The real chicks that is. Not the "Kelly" variety.