Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Post- Per Rex Slauson beat out Vlad for starting OG spot-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    That's exactly what a reputation is actually.

And you said almost all the time. I said, well yeah, USC almost always produces better QBs than say a FSC school like Delaware. Almost every time.
    you're a Vlad fanatic and if you don't shut up i'm gonna punch you in your secret scrotum

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    End of story.
    And that's all I'm saying. Apparently that's not the belief of all the fans on the board.

See Beerfish above.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you're a Vlad fanatic and if you don't shut up i'm gonna punch you in your secret scrotum

Bunch of deeks on this site.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Our head coach just announced our starter. The competition is all but over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasted pick, 2nd round pick who can't break the starting roster by year 3 is definitely a bust. Unfortunate for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Some people feebly clinging to the notion that Ducasse is not a bust?

2nd round pick, 3rd year in the league, 3rd year of pro coaching, camp or off season stuff or not if he is beat out for the starting guard spot before the 1st ex game and if he was never an alternative at RT when we had the worst one in the league last year, it means the guy sucks. Oh he may linger around as a backup but he has done nothing in three years (other than getting Robert Turners leg broken).
    Agree

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ducasse is a complete bum. A waste of a 2nd round pick. We need to see if he can work out as a blocking TE and cut his pay, if not get rid of him once and for all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Our head coach just announced our starter. The competition is all but over.
    And arguably the worst, certainly bottom five, offensive line will see little if any improvement. Of all the questionable things Tanny has done, this is the most disappointing.

Sanchez's OL's have got worse each year. His first year the pass protection was barely adequate but run blocking was good. With Woody and Faneca gone, pass blocking is a bit worse and run blocking is terrible. Everyone is optimistic during camp, but this ol will kill the team this year.

When Favre was here he had a very average year (22td and 22int) and was pounded regularly. When he went to a team with a good OL, he had (33td and 7 int). Sanchez is playing with an even worse line than Favre had while he was here.

Don't blame Sanchez, he has been running for his life since he's been here.
    He'll probably end up on another team and do well since pass rushers will appear in slow motion after his stint on the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wasted pick, 2nd round pick who can't break the starting roster by year 3 is definitely a bust. Unfortunate for us.
    Yup.

Hey, these things happen...and it sucks when they do. We've clearly had some hits and misses over the years in the early rounds. Vlad happens to be a miss but the Jets took the right approach IMO - they've continued to try to develop him, given him reps, tried him at both OT and OG. He's fit for a backup and will probably play out his contract in that role.

Once again, a big mauling OT/OG type will HAVE TO be on the draft radar in 8 months. Ugh!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's because everyone thinks D'Brick is a Top LT in the league. I diasgree. The guy is vastly over rated by many fans. He gave up more sacks than Wayne Hunter. Think about that for a minute.

The strength of the line is Mangold and Moore. Slauson is a quality starter. Our LT is weak. He can't run block because he has no power. He's basically a really athletic and long guy who can keep guys in front of him long enough for the QB to get rid of the ball... and that's taking all of his years into account. If it was a what have you done for me lately judgement I'd say we need to upgrade the LT position. He was horrible last year.

To say Ducasse is a bust because there are two guys that are doing their job well in front of him isn't fair.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's because everyone thinks D'Brick is a Top LT in the league. I diasgree. The guy is vastly over rated by many fans. He gave up more sacks than Wayne Hunter. Think about that for a minute.

The strength of the line is Mangold and Moore. Slauson is a quality starter. Our LT is weak. He can't run block because he has no power. He's basically a really athletic and long guy who can keep guys in front of him long enough for the QB to get rid of the ball... and that's taking all of his years into account. If it was a what have you done for me lately judgement I'd say we need to upgrade the LT position. He was horrible last year.

To say Ducasse is a bust because there are two guys that are doing their job well in front of him isn't fair.
    I agree, he went to Va.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with you about Brick. Grossly overrated by fans. Has never been a good run blocker and has had just as many bad years as good year in pass blocking.

There may be some truth to Slauson and Moore being so good that it is going to be impossible for Vlad to start. BUT. I want to see him prove himself to be a worthy backup then. Become the backup to both Guards and a Goaline TE. He is going to get plenty of playing time this pre season to prove himself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I completely agree with you about Brick. Grossly overrated by fans. Has never been a good run blocker and has had just as many bad years as good year in pass blocking.

There may be some truth to Slauson and Moore being so good that it is going to be impossible for Vlad to start. BUT. I want to see him prove himself to be a worthy backup then. Become the backup to both Guards and a Goaline TE. He is going to get plenty of playing time this pre season to prove himself.
    If that 2nd round pick equates to a dependable backup while Moore plays out his career and Slauson stays healthy/with the team then that to me wasn't a bad pick for where it was and given the circumstances at the time with Faneca.

I will agree with the others that I think Tannenbaum could/should have done a better job acquiring quality lineman but I think that fault lies more with the scouts/coaches than the GM. Certainly they thought they had it right with Hunter replacing Woody and fair enough Wayne played really well in the post season filling in for big Wood and to be fair Rob Turner who was their utility backup got injured in preseason which really screwed up the works. Either way, the guys we just picked up to compete with Hunter for the RT position should help things out. Still wish they would do better to pick up some depth, hell a quality starter even, but I'm sure 31 other teams are probably saying the same thing somewhere on their football team. Gotta trust you drafted the right players I suppose because the salary cap doesn't allow stacking talent via free agency.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    this is news? any nfl person new Ducasse would be a bum and would not get the starting job
    Pat trolls are bad enough, now we have to listen to Big Dandy whine like a little ***** everyday.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Slauson starts

Matt Bitonti squirms...hahaha

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    And arguably the worst, certainly bottom five, offensive line will see little if any improvement. Of all the questionable things Tanny has done, this is the most disappointing.

Sanchez's OL's have got worse each year. His first year the pass protection was barely adequate but run blocking was good. With Woody and Faneca gone, pass blocking is a bit worse and run blocking is terrible. Everyone is optimistic during camp, but this ol will kill the team this year.

When Favre was here he had a very average year (22td and 22int) and was pounded regularly. When he went to a team with a good OL, he had (33td and 7 int). Sanchez is playing with an even worse line than Favre had while he was here.

Don't blame Sanchez, he has been running for his life since he's been here.
    He'll probably end up on another team and do well since pass rushers will appear in slow motion after his stint on the Jets.
    Poor Mark! He would be all-world if not for his bad OL. I also wonder if he stopped holding the ball too long and made quick decision accurately if that would help a bit. just sayin..... Oh he ran for his life in year 1 behind a great run game and a powerful OL. Of you forgot! He also went to the AFCCG! Ya can't do that with a horrible OL. Just sayin..... then he went again in year 2.... Wonders never cease. Lets stop pandering to Sanchez! He is not without flaws! Many say it takes 5 years to really develop a raw QB into an NFL-ready QB. That just might be his story but he does not need excuses by his worshippers! The guy is a perfectionist and he will eventually get it right! The Ol was bad lasy year! BRICK was miserable; NICK was hurt: Slauson was in a shoulder harness: Moore came back from an operation and it took time to play well; Hunter was in a funk. We had no tried and proven backups! That was last year! This is a new season and lets stop making excuses for our QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    after 2012 turns into another disappointing year, tanny and rex will be gone.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not gonna happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Which part? The disappointing season or Tanny and Rex getting fired?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    if its a good year will you be gone please?