Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Richardson to have surgery

Hall Of Fame

Trent Richardson to have surgery

Trent Richardson to have surgery

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/82...rgery-thursday

By Chris Mortensen

Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson is tentatively scheduled to have arthroscopic surgery Thursday to remove a "hang nail particle" of loose cartilage that is irritating his left knee, but the rookie is expected to return before the regular-season opener, according to sources.

The small particle, which has caused swelling, will be "cleaned up" by Dr. James Andrews after it was detected in an MRI. Dr. Andrews will do a final evaluation before he is expected to perform the minor surgery.

Technically, Richardson's injury is not considered related to the torn meniscus he suffered in the same knee while playing for Alabama during its BCS championship win against LSU. Richardson had arthroscopic surgery for that injury Feb. 3, which caused him to miss some portions of the NFL combine before the draft.

A team source said Richardson could manage the knee without surgery, but a decision to be proactive early in preseason is the prevailing opinion.

Richardson could return for one or two preseason games under normal projections with this specific injury, but it is unknown if that scenario is in the team's plans, a source said.

The Browns issued a one-sentence statement earlier Wednesday saying that the running back, picked No. 3 overall in April's draft, will see Dr. Andrews on Thursday.

"Trent Richardson is traveling to Pensacola, Fla., where he will have his left knee further evaluated by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow," the statement read.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Scope can wind up bad, but pretty much a cake walk.

Jets Insider VIP
    Geebus....I feel for ya Cleveland fans......

and their stud CB Haden might be suspended first 4 for violation of substance (adderall). tough day for the Brownies

Jets Insider VIP
    Of course, because I just drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    and their stud CB Haden might be suspended first 4 for violation of substance (adderall). tough day for the Brownies
    I can't believe that's a banned substance. I can understand if he didn't have a prescription for it... maybe. But the kid might have ADD and that seems like a pretty discriminatory situation to not allow that drug which is routinely dolled out probably more so than necessary to the general public. Seems like they have that one wrong.

Geez, what a terrible franchise. Hard to imagine things for them could have gotten any worse after knowing their rookie QB is going to retire half way into the season due to old age.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I can't believe that's a banned substance. I can understand if he didn't have a prescription for it... maybe. But the kid might have ADD and that seems like a pretty discriminatory situation to not allow that drug which is routinely dolled out probably more so than necessary to the general public. Seems like they have that one wrong.

Yeah, he's not the first.

Multiple sources have confirmed to ESPNCleveland.com that Haden tested positive for Adderall. Apparently, yes -- Adderall is on the NFL's list of banned substances, because it's a stimulant. Saints placekicker Garrett Hartley, Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick, and Giants safety Tyler Sash have all served previous four-game suspensions for testing positive for Adderall. Giants running back Andre Brown was also suspended for Adderall, but won his appeal and missed no games.

Kind of one of those difficult areas as people have been known to use adderall and ritalin for illicit purposes.

Maybe having a script for it automatically wins on appeal ?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Geez, what a terrible franchise. Hard to imagine things for them could have gotten any worse after knowing their rookie QB is going to retire half way into the season due to old age.
    Who knows, he might have the same kind of career that Roger Staubach had. I'm betting that the Cleveland fans are hopeful of that anyways

Jets Insider VIP
    Every year teams make it clear which substances are banned. As long as you let the league know a dr has diagnosed u with add, you can take adderral in the nfl.

No excuse for haden.

Lets trade them Powell for McCoy or Wallace. Either one I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Of course, because I just drafted him.
    ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Lets trade them Powell for McCoy or Wallace. Either one I don't care.
    Why? Powell is having a nice camp. We don't need another QB.

Veteran
    I am having a Dewayne Robertson rookie-pre-existing-meniscus-issues flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Why? Powell is having a nice camp. We don't need another QB.
    We're fine with the horses we have

Back in the draft I would have loved to have somehow grabbed this guy. Just goes to show that you can never really predict how things will turn out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dude is still going to be a monster

+1

Trent will be a beast with Cleveland. They might be one of those surprising teams that knock on the door or eve make the playoffs

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    +1

Trent will be a beast with Cleveland. They might be one of those surprising teams that knock on the door or eve make the playoffs
    That's funny. I agree that T-Rich is/will be a beast, but who else on that offense scares you? Weeden? Their mediocre group of WRs? Ben Watson? lol.

In 2-3 years I could see them becoming a contender again, assuming Weeden is the real deal. But there's just too many new parts to make any noise this season.

Sounds like they have a good owner coming in soon... so I believe they will do better soon.