Thread: solar panels at the stadium

solar panels at the stadium

Saw this...not sure if this has been posted before or not, if so, sorry. New driplines and seats under cover as well as a new glow...should be interesting.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/photo-ga.../#photo-430926

All large structures should capitalize on this clean, virtually unlimited energy source. I am actually surprised more buildings are not going up with solar panels.

Hall Of Fame
    Forget solar panels. Where is my retractable roof?

The upper deckers will get some shade out of this, but a few unfortunate souls will get dripped on between the panels.

Here comes the "They tricked me into relocating my upper deck seats to be closer to the 50 and now I'm going to lose my sun in the winter? I hate the Jets!" arguments...

SAR I

All League
    They have to pay for the electrical power to all the flat screens for the d bags in the suites?

"The second phase of the UDEI (Upper Deck Energy Initiative) involves a set of bicycle-style pedals for which non-PSL season ticket holders will have to turn a minimum of 12 rotations per minute in order to keep the giant LCD screens operational. "They're the only ones who need screens that large and it costs us a fortune" said David Duernberger, VP Facilities at MetLife Stadium "So it stands to reason that if they want the screens to work they should work to make it happen" Michael Littlejohn, a Club Seat owner put it more succinctly when he said "They're a bunch of cheapsake drunken lowlives anyway, they can use the exercise to lose the spare tire and reduce the number of flushes in the restrooms, better water pressure for paying customers."

SAR I

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Forget solar panels. Where is my retractable roof?
    I'm with you. I am all about football should be played in the elements until you become the season ticket holder sitting outside in a down pour and freezing. I like the snow and heat.
    I also think more people would purchase PSL's or tickets knowing that when they purchase the tickets for the game that they will enjoy knowing that they will be comfortable. In fact they should leave the field uncovered for the players and cover the fans

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    All large structures should capitalize on this clean, virtually unlimited energy source. I am actually surprised more buildings are not going up with solar panels.
    Electric from solar panels is alot more expensive than even Con Ed or LIPA which are among the highest rates in the nation. I had panels installed about 2 years ago, but only because huge subsidies and tax credits made it worthwhile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

[I]"The second phase of the UDEI (Upper Deck Energy Initiative) involves a set of bicycle-style pedals for which non-PSL season ticket holders will have to turn a minimum of 12 rotations per minute in order to keep the giant LCD screens operational. "They're the only ones who need screens that large and it costs us a fortune" said David Duernberger, VP Facilities at MetLife Stadium "So it stands to reason that if they want the screens to work they should work to make it happen" Michael Littlejohn, a Club Seat owner put it more succinctly when he said "They're a bunch of cheapsake drunken lowlives anyway, they can use the exercise to lose the spare tire and reduce the number of flushes in the restrooms, better water pressure for paying customers.

SAR I
    LOL, but watch out the mezz is next

Are they attached safely?

In case the stadium is rocking?

My bet is the Giants did this as a subtle way to piss on the memory of Leon Hess.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    BB just purchased a few new solar powered video cameras.

They are not solar panels, they are magnifying lenses ordered by Jesus so he can watch Tebow play on Sunday from Heaven.