Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mallett not Performing well in Training Camp

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Honestly, is this a concern for the Pats? Too soon to worry about it? Patsie-Posters, I'd like to hear your point of view.
    I think Mallet has a crucial 4 week period coming up, starting with the first pre-season game tonite.

I think he will get alot of snaps during the pre-season.

The thing that is concerning is his accuracy. I don't know how many reports/articles I have read that siad "Mallet completely missed a wide open receiver".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Mallet was the best QB in the draft last year. Was beyond annoyed when the Patriots took him.

Im interested in seeing him in live action this preseason....his size and arm atrenght are just things you can't teach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    where is #12 going to go, with the exception of the giants D, pretty much no team touches Brady. brady has 6-7 more good yrs. hes going to continue playing, and tghe pats are going to continue locking up afc east champs
    Said like a true blue Giants fan GiantDanNJ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    It's good to hear how much of a selfish douche Brady is. Makes it easy to root against him vs. guy like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or even Eli.

The Mallet pick was a good one if you are a Jets fan. Keep picking qb's BB who will never see the field, don't worry about your ****ty secondary that has kept you from winning 2 Superbowls....

The Pats have about 2-3 year window before Brady starts to break down.
    After that time the Pats will be back down to earth with the rest of teams in the league without a top 5 qb.

can't wait...
    Brady is not selfish, BB's mantra is "do your job" Brady does his job he concentrates on making himself the the best qb he can be. Kraft spends money on coaches that are professionals in what they do. Let them do thier job.

Their "****ty" secondary did not cause them to lose two superbowls. On those days they were outplayed and out coached by a better team. To lay the blame on loses on one aspect of the game is wrong. The pats could have run better, caught better, thrown better and defended better against those plays by the Giants. they didn't and they lost. Not because some DB did not knock down one pass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about that, the body breaks down, reaction time, mobility, arm strength all diminish and recovering from hits and injuries takes a lot longer as we age. He feels great now, but a lot guys feel great in their mid 30's only to start getting injured. I expect him to play for 6-7 years, but only be a top 5 qb for the next 3. I think that's a far more realistic scenario. Look at fighters, they age over night, same thing here.
    Not sure where the selfish douche comment is based on except blind hatred, but Brady 's actions throughout his career proves otherwise.

Who knows how long Brady can be elite, but what he has going for him is he's a pure pocket passer and doesn't rely on his legs to avoid pressure. His reads are lightening quick and his football smarts are what makes him elite, not his physical skills. Saying he only has 3 good years left is purely wishful thinking. While it may be true, you have no basis to state that as a fact. Wishful thinking.

As others have said, barring injury, Mallet will never see the light of day on the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats 3rd string QB thread?

WTF?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

WTF?
    Well now it's official, seeing that the 3rd string troll is here...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Not sure where the selfish douche comment is based on except blind hatred, but Brady 's actions throughout his career proves otherwise.

Who knows how long Brady can be elite, but what he has going for him is he's a pure pocket passer and doesn't rely on his legs to avoid pressure. His reads are lightening quick and his football smarts are what makes him elite, not his physical skills. Saying he only has 3 good years left is purely wishful thinking. While it may be true, you have no basis to state that as a fact. Wishful thinking.

As others have said, barring injury, Mallet will never see the light of day on the field.
    Selfish could be argued, but not the douche part.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqErnhihQFQ

Regarding the bold - Which is it? You sound conflicted and I can't tell what argument you are trying to make.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

I think he used a few other examples as the basis for stating the fact... it's pretty easy. QBs start diminishing in their late 30s if they are fortunate enough to even play that long. It's wishful thinking to believe Brady will play at the same level and not get hurt at some point between 35 and 39. Bones aren't as strong, muscles aren't as strong, the NFL is a young man's game filled with strength and speed. You'd have to be pretty fortunate not to get your sh!t wrecked for the season taking a blind side hit in your late 30s.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selfish could be argued, but not the douche part.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqErnhihQFQ

Regarding the bold - Which is it? You sound conflicted and I can't tell what argument you are trying to make.
    What was douchey about that interview? I thought he was very professional.
    He did not talk crap. The comment about plax not playing defense may have been a little snide, but nothing that can be considered "douchey"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What was douchey about that interview? I thought he was very professional.
    He did not talk crap. The comment about plax not playing defense may have been a little snide, but nothing that can be considered "douchey"
    "We're only gonna score 17 points? Hahaha, ok!" -- Sounds pretty douchey to me. Plus the fact that he talks sh!t about the Jets... yeah I'd say that makes him a classless douche which is pretty much par for his course. Not helping out the young QBs? Really? What a class act.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I think he used a few other examples as the basis for stating the fact... it's pretty easy. QBs start diminishing in their late 30s if they are fortunate enough to even play that long. It's wishful thinking to believe Brady will play at the same level and not get hurt at some point between 35 and 39. Bones aren't as strong, muscles aren't as strong, the NFL is a young man's game filled with strength and speed. You'd have to be pretty fortunate not to get your sh!t wrecked for the season taking a blind side hit in your late 30s.
    Anyone who thinks that Brady is going to be 100% of what he is now 3 years from now is wishful, anyone who thinks he will be the same 5 years from now is delusional.

I think a progression may be something like 2012 and 2013 the same as last year as far as ability. 34,35 and 36 to me seem to be the same thing. 37 and 38 I could see him slipping out of the top 3 QB but still #6 or 7. still in that 25 percentile. At 39 and 40, I think he will still be a very good NFL qb but not the guy that can carry a team.

When you compare qbs from different eras you have to look at how the game has changed. When Namath was a qb, offensive lineman could not extend out wide their arms outside of their chests, and wrs could get bumped all the way down the field utill the ball was in the air. QBs got hit hard.

In the last ten years (Brady's Career for all intents) QBs have been protected as the meal tickets that they are. Brady is a pocket passer who gets rid of the ball and does not take a lot of hits. Unlike Farve/Young/Montana guys who got hit outside of the pocket or running. Brady is more like Marino only with the benefit of the new rules.

Brady's game is more cerebal, like Brees, Guys like Aaron Rogers who runs a lot more out of the pocket and is much more of an athlete (while still being the thrower)
    is the type that I see tapering off more as they age,than the pocket types.
    Last edited by patman; 08-09-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't know who the hell the Pats OL coach has been over the past few years, but he has to be in the conversation of best in the business.

Even when starters go down and they have to plug in practice squad guys, Brady still consistently has 4-5 seconds everytime he steps back.
    It's true that dante S is a really good OL coach, among the league's best

but part of Brady getting so much time is that Brady is effective burning the blitz. Teams drop into coverage against Brady more than they would against Sanchez (for example). Tom makes you pay and teams would rather put a guy into coverage than blitz him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

WTF?
    Doesnt everybody discuss their back up QB 24/7 ??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    It's true that dante S is a really good OL coach, among the league's best

but part of Brady getting so much time is that Brady is effective burning the blitz. Teams drop into coverage against Brady more than they would against Sanchez (for example). Tom makes you pay and teams would rather put a guy into coverage than blitz him.
    Great point bit, Brady (like Peyton as well) will eat blitzes alive.

Now, if only he could figure out how to do something about DLine pressure up the middle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't worry too much about the Pats 3rd string Qb and how he is doing in camp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    "We're only gonna score 17 points? Hahaha, ok!" -- Sounds pretty douchey to me. Plus the fact that he talks sh!t about the Jets... yeah I'd say that makes him a classless douche which is pretty much par for his course. Not helping out the young QBs? Really? What a class act.
    He does not talk **** about the jets, When asked, he says he hates them and they are his favorite team to beat. Please compare that to what Rex, Scott and Cro have said about Brady personally. But then again comparing any professional to those 3 will make the subject seem angelic.

I did not say he does not help them at all, you can see on the sideline of the game that is telling the other guys what he is seeing. It is just that he does not go out of his way, he has his job to do, you can't worry about how someone else is doing theirs.

What is wrong with him openly questioning 17 points? because he was wrong? If they won, how would it be considered more or less douchey.?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Doesnt everybody discuss their back up QB 24/7 ??

nice!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I make fun of Jet fans who believe that Sanchez is going to make some sort of jump after starting 3 years and 50 games.

... do you believe a 5-10% improvement in completion % and turnovers to not be reachable? ... that is what i'm looking for this season

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He does not talk **** about the jets, When asked, he says he hates them and they are his favorite team to beat. Please compare that to what Rex, Scott and Cro have said about Brady personally. But then again comparing any professional to those 3 will make the subject seem angelic.

I did not say he does not help them at all, you can see on the sideline of the game that is telling the other guys what he is seeing. It is just that he does not go out of his way, he has his job to do, you can't worry about how someone else is doing theirs.

What is wrong with him openly questioning 17 points? because he was wrong? If they won, how would it be considered more or less douchey.?
    First off, Brady was saying that sh!t back when Mangini was here... hell might have been when Herm was here. And last I checked, he's a QB. He's supposed to keep his mouth shut. Sanchez knows the deal. Too bad Brady doesn't get it. I mean, this is the same guy that left his girl preggo to be with a supermodel... sure sounds douchey to me.