Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mallett not Performing well in Training Camp

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    First off, Brady was saying that sh!t back when Mangini was here... hell might have been when Herm was here. And last I checked, he's a QB. He's supposed to keep his mouth shut. Sanchez knows the deal.
    First of all, Brady will be a 1st ballot HOF QB with 3 Super Bowl rings and MVP awards.

He's earned the right to say anything he pleases.

First off, Brady was saying that sh!t back when Mangini was here... hell might have been when Herm was here. And last I checked, he's a QB. He's supposed to keep his mouth shut. Sanchez knows the deal. Too bad Brady doesn't get it. I mean, this is the same guy that left his girl preggo to be with a supermodel... sure sounds douchey to me.
    Game, set, match on the douche front.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the Pats 3rd string Qb and how he is doing in camp.
    Neither do I.

And last I checked, he's a QB. He's supposed to keep his mouth shut..
    Why is a QB supossed to keep his mouth shut?

(softball alert)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Brady is more like Marino only with the benefit of the new rules.
    This is a good point.

I think Brady will be allowed to play for as many more years as he wants to - almost like a Derek Jeter situation. I also suspect he'll know when it's time to step away from the game.

Even though he's not a mobile QB, I do think the Jets decision to concentrate more on pressure from the D-Line is a good one. If there is one weak-spot in Brady's game, its that he can be rattled by physical play.

It's going to be an interesting season - with the Pats being talked up as a 16-0 team and having a revamped defense in the Bills and Jets to face 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    First of all, Brady will be a 1st ballot HOF QB with 3 Super Bowl rings and MVP awards.

Yeah I don't think he's going to win another SB either

... and yet, he was outplayed twice by Eli Manning, who never felt a need to be cocky idiot.

Yes, a 1st ballot HOF, but no Joe Montana like many were making him out to be, heck Eli may end up surpassing him. He's already proven to be a better player under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I don't know about that, the body breaks down, reaction time, mobility, arm strength all diminish and recovering from hits and injuries takes a lot longer as we age. He feels great now, but a lot guys feel great in their mid 30's only to start getting injured. I expect him to play for 6-7 years, but only be a top 5 qb for the next 3. I think that's a far more realistic scenario. Look at fighters, they age over night, same thing here.
    Brady could be the exception to that general rule of thumb.

He has never been a QB who relied on athleticism to survive, so the incremental loss of athletic ability that occurs through aging won't affect him as much. Brady, perhaps more than most QB's relies on his quick release and decision making abilities to thrive. Things like his arm strength and footwork won't be the problem, since Farve showed clearly that those things don't diminish much into your 40's.

Where Brady's age will start to show the most will be in his recovery time from the dings every QB gets during the course of a season. He will also be more prone to injuries, and might miss a game or two for something he would have been able to play through in his younger years.

There was a previous poster who got it right. Brady probably has 3 more years where can be an elite QB who can carry a team. If he wants to play longer than that, then it would be more likely as a competent game manager who will thrive only as long as the team around him is very good. It would be fitting that he go out, just like he came in.

But as far as Mallet goes, how he plays this preseason only matters in what his trade value becomes. I think he was very fortunate to drop to NE. He will have time to maximize his potential in a solid system, good environment, and good coaching. But as someone already stated, Brady's replacement is likely still in HS

... and yet, he was outplayed twice by Eli Manning, who never felt a need to be cocky idiot.

Yes, a 1st ballot HOF, but no Joe Montana like many were making him out to be, heck Eli may end up surpassing him. He's already proven to be a better player under pressure.
    I know you were just responding to TX, but so much overstatement here. The good news for Eli is that he doesn't have to face his own team's defense in the Super Bowl.

Banned

That's too funny, Eli better under pressure than Brady.

You do know Brady was one freak catch and one dropped pass away from having 5 Super Bowl rings, right?

Yea, he just wilted under the pressure.

All Pro

You do know Brady was one freak catch and one dropped pass away from having 5 Super Bowl rings, right?

but he doesn't have 5 rings nd Eli very well may end up with more rings than Brady. He's already shown he can beat Tom head to head in the biggest game of their lives.honestly I'd pick Eli over Brady anytime they play each other.

Hate to say it buy the giants have the patriots number

What does this have to do with him being a douche bag?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post

Hate to say it buy the giants have the patriots number
    Isn't that a little obvious?

18-1*

Jets Insider VIP

well, Eli didn't have secret film footage...so there...

Jets Insider VIP
    the main difference between the two is that Eli is a Champion quarterback while Brady is a champion douchebag

It is hard to say what Mallett is sitting in that 3 spot. He is basically Gannon sitting behind Montana and Elvis right now. You don't know what he'd do on the 1st team and likely he is not learning a whole lot right now. I am shocked NE didn't trade Moyer. For teams that where looking to sign Flynn Moyer looks 10x better. I'd think someone would have given them at least a 2nd.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    It is hard to say what Mallett is sitting in that 3 spot. He is basically Gannon sitting behind Montana and Elvis right now. You don't know what he'd do on the 1st team and likely he is not learning a whole lot right now. I am shocked NE didn't trade Moyer. For teams that where looking to sign Flynn Moyer looks 10x better. I'd think someone would have given them at least a 2nd.
    Who is this Moyer dude?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the main difference between the two is that Eli is a Champion quarterback while Brady is a champion douchebag
    That is some amazing insight there.

Glad to see you have returned to form so quickly following your absence.

Who is this Moyer dude?
    Sorry Hoyer.