Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mallett not Performing well in Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    It is hard to say what Mallett is sitting in that 3 spot. He is basically Gannon sitting behind Montana and Elvis right now. You don't know what he'd do on the 1st team and likely he is not learning a whole lot right now. I am shocked NE didn't trade Moyer. For teams that where looking to sign Flynn Moyer looks 10x better. I'd think someone would have given them at least a 2nd.
    This post has been edited and approved by patsfanken.

How's Austin Davis doing in camp? I really like to keep track of that guy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is some amazing insight there.

Glad to see you have returned to form so quickly following your absence.
    there you go again defending your beloved pats in every way

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    It is hard to say what Mallett is sitting in that 3 spot. He is basically Gannon sitting behind Montana and Elvis right now. You don't know what he'd do on the 1st team and likely he is not learning a whole lot right now. I am shocked NE didn't trade Moyer. For teams that where looking to sign Flynn Moyer looks 10x better. I'd think someone would have given them at least a 2nd.
    To answer your question, the Pats couldn't trade Hoyer without completely knowing what they have in Mallett. I don't think they are at that point regarding Mallett yet.

And I agree with you, if the Pats do trade Hoyer, they will get a possible 2nd or a minimum of a 3rd round pick.

Brady is the Best QB in this era & quite possibly ever. He has done it with only one top WR(Randy Moss) and a bunch of other guys who he made. From dink and dunk to Deep timing and slower developing routes, he has done it all. He is like Jordan to me I dont like him, Knicks fan, but I respect his greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Brady is the Best QB in this era & quite possibly ever. He has done it with only one top WR(Randy Moss) and a bunch of other guys who he made. From dink and dunk to Deep timing and slower developing routes, he has done it all. He is like Jordan to me I dont like him, Knicks fan, but I respect his greatness
    No he isn't. He cheated and hasn't won a championship since. Even if he didn't, he's never going to be as good as Montana was (4 rings btw). He's not even the best QB during his tenure in the NFL. That belongs to Peyton Manning.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    In his 12 years in the NFL, the only legitimate WR Brady ever had was Randy Moss, and that was only for 2 years.

The rest of the WR's were nothing more than a bunch of smurfs.

Amazing what Brady has accomplished in his career without legitimate WR's.

All Pro
    C'mon John. Other beat writers are saying the exact opposite. Never doubt the Mallet.

Brady never ever put on a display like Eli did last year in a playoff run.
    9 tds – 1 int, threw for 277, 330, 316, 296 yards… 3 times his QB rating was over 100… (Has Tom ever done that???)…

Honestly, Brady is a great QB, but he’s no Eli in the playoffs.

This isn’t open for debate…

People have to start realizing that it's not the offensive lines when it comes to guys like Brady and Manning, it's Brady and Manning. Even look at Eli. He had statistically the worst LT in the league but his awareness (EASILY THE MOST IMPORTANT TRAIT FOR A QB) minimizes the effect on the game.

It's the same for Peyton and Brady... They know so much that they understand when their OL is overmatched, and easily understands when a guy gets beat. Very seldom do they actually take hits.

And for the rest of the QB's in the league (like Sanchez) the offensive line does matter...