Jermaine Jones
    Marc Megna
    J.P. Machado
    Ryan Young
    J.J. Syvrud

Two guys he didn't buy into:

Peyton Manning
    Orlando Pace

The guy could coach, but he should NEVER have been allowed to shop for the groceries.

_

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Other guys Parcells bought into:

Rick Terry
    Terry Day
    Lamont Burns
    Raymond Austin
    Tim Scharf
    Chuck Clements
    Steve Rosga
    Dorian Boose
    Scott Frost
    Casey Dailey
    Blake Spence
    Eric Bateman
    Eric Obogu
    Chris Brazzell
    Dustin Johnson
    Lawrence Hart
    Randy Thomas
    David Loverne
    Jason Wiltz
    Jermaine Jones
    Marc Megna
    J.P. Machado
    Ryan Young
    J.J. Syvrud

Two guys he didn't buy into:

Peyton Manning
    Orlando Pace

The guy could coach, but he should NEVER have been allowed to shop for the groceries.

_
    So what do you think about his rationale for "buying in" to Tebow? He stated how he thinks he should be used. What you posted is irrelevant nonsense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    So what do you think about his rationale for "buying in" to Tebow? He stated how he thinks he should be used. What you posted is irrelevant nonsense.
    Why is it irrelevant nonsense?

I never saw Parcells as any good at talent evaluation. Great coach, not a great evaluator and seeing as how he's not there on the ground--I liken this to his drafting ability.

In other owrds, his views on talent--IMHO--aren't very convincing.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    He'll average 6.66

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Is it me, or do you guys hear Howard David when reading Blake Spences name?

BLAKE SPENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Here's what I don't understand.

There are people out there--real football people who think Tebow sucks.

There are people out there--real football people who think Tebow is the real deal.

No one is right, no one is wrong--at least not yet. It's all opinion.

I happen to think Tebow is NOT the real deal, so when I see someone start a thread that so-an-so think's he's the real deal--I may disagree with it, depending on who is stating the opinion.

I don't give much weight to anything Bill Parcells says about how someone can be used--based upon their talents--especially since he's not on the field actually seeing what's happening. He made some really screwy decisions as Jet coach, both in terms of drafting and how folks were used.

That's my OPINION.

Why is MY opinion nonsense?

Parcelss was universally lauded as a great in-game coach and motivator but he's never been heralded as a great talent evaluator.

So, I point out that his opinion on talent shouldn't IMHO be taken as gospel and somehow that's nonsense?

WTF?

_

All Pro
    Here's what I don't understand.

There are people out there--real football people who think Tebow sucks.

There are people out there--real football people who think Tebow is the real deal.

No one is right, no one is wrong--at least not yet. It's all opinion.

I happen to think Tebow is NOT the real deal, so when I see someone start a thread that so-an-so think's he's the real deal--I may disagree with it, depending on who is stating the opinion.

I don't give much weight to anything Bill Parcells says about how someone can be used--based upon their talents--especially since he's not on the field actually seeing what's happening. He made some really screwy decisions as Jet coach, both in terms of drafting and how folks were used.

That's my OPINION.

Why is MY opinion nonsense?

Parcelss was universally lauded as a great in-game coach and motivator but he's never been heralded as a great talent evaluator.

So, I point out that his opinion on talent shouldn't IMHO be taken as gospel and somehow that's nonsense?

WTF?

_
    So your argument is that Tebow is not good at anything football related? And your argument for dismissing Parcells' comments is that he made mistakes in assessing prospective talent? How about addressing the specifics of what he said... Tebow can be used based on his strengths and those strengths don't affect Mark Sanchez's role?

"Now everybody's in a frenzy: The media dwells mostly on negativity. They want to know how it's gonna affect Sanchez. Well, I don't think it's gonna affect him at all if it's within the structure of the things that Tebow can do well. If they just let him do that, then that's smart."

Hall Of Fame
    So your argument is that Tebow is not good at anything football related? And your argument for dismissing Parcells' comments is that he made mistakes in assessing prospective talent? How about addressing the specifics of what he said... Tebow can be used based on his strengths and those strengths don't affect Mark Sanchez's role?

"Now everybody's in a frenzy: The media dwells mostly on negativity. They want to know how it's gonna affect Sanchez. Well, I don't think it's gonna affect him at all if it's within the structure of the things that Tebow can do well. If they just let him do that, then that's smart."
    I don't think the benefits of Tebow's strengths are worth the downside--that's just my opinion--always has been.

The fact that Parcells thinks that Tebow has strengths that will benefit the Jets doesn't sway my opinion--because I've never been a fan of Parcells the talent evaluator.

Maybe he's right and maybe he's wrong--me too for that matter.

But what Parcells did in his drafts--trading down and down and down and down to pick up multiple 5th, 6th and 7th rounders to draft the likes of Steve Rosga and Marc Megna and Eric Obogu and Tim Scharf -will always color my opinion of his opinion.

Again, not sure why that's nonsense.

_

But what Parcells did in his drafts--trading down and down and down and down to pick up multiple 5th, 6th and 7th rounders to draft the likes of Steve Rosga and Marc Megna and Eric Obogu and Tim Scharf -will always color my opinion of his opinion.

Again, not sure why that's nonsense.

_

Kind of a big difference between "draft evaluations" and evaluating a player who has actually seen time on the field in an NFL, isn't there ?

I mean, I can't tell you if center "XYZ" who's a senior at Podunk U will be a good center in the NFL, but I can tell you that Nick Mangold most definitely is.

It's two completely different types of evaluations. Wouldn't it be better to look at the rosters that Parcell's had and see whom he started and whom he had as backups/bench sitters? Or look at players he really wanted and traded for ?