Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Focus on the positives with tebow & Sanchez

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Focus on the positives with tebow & Sanchez

Everyone Keeps hyping on the negative about tebow and Sanchez and this can be blamed on society and the media as we are trained to circle what is wrong with the picture when we are in preschool. It's just in our blood. We need to focus on the positives and stay positive as we are all jet fans and want to see us succeed right? Well here is a few positives I am imagining are going to and have happened with bringing in tebow,

For one: Sanchez has pressure and competition to perform! Every starter needs to be pushed! And the outcome Sanchez is looking great in camp from all the reports and is gaining respect from his team. That's huge!

Second, they say Sanchez is endangered of seeing less of the field? Well I see the opposite. We were one of the worst teams last year on converting 3rd downs, now don't quote me on that but my memory of the games last year were a lot of 3 n outs. With tebow you can bring him in on 3 and 2 or 3 and 3 and he's gonna bulldoze for the first down and this is actually going to keep Sanchez on the field cause now him and the offense will get 3 more downs to work with!

Lastly; both of their personalities are happy go lucky and everyone makes it seem mark is scared of tebow, I see the exact opposite it's just not marks personality. Mark has shown us in the past he loves to joke around with his back up qbs (mark brunell) and in turn I believe this is making for a more relaxed Sanchez and it's showing in his play in training camp! They are rooting for each other as they know they can help each other on and off the field and they will do whatever it takes to help the jets win!

And the final note: the first rushing td tebow scores I can guarantee mark will be the first player sprinting into the end zone jumping all over tebow and congratulating tim, just like Rex did when Greene scored that td against the pats in the playoffs. I still picture that sight in my head as 300 pound Rex running down the sideline into the ends one to greet shone.

I believe we have two young qb's that respect each others ability and we will succeed if Tim is used correctly! Now I can't wait for Fridays kickoff as from there on our beloved jets will be playing every week!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You make fair points. There are some very positive aspects to the Sanchez/Tebow dynamic and what Tebow can bring to our team. The only thing I take issue with is this:

We need to focus on the positives and stay positive as we are all jet fans and want to see us succeed right?
    You are not the only one who makes this assumption. Just because people are critical of a certain player or coach or member of the FO does not mean that they want to see them fail. You can be critical AND want to see people do well. They are not mutually exclusive.

I think everyone here roots for the Jets and their players to succeed. It goes without saying which is why it is unsaid sometimes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman6 View Post

I believe we have two young qb's that respect each others ability and we will succeed if Tim is used correctly! Now I can't wait for Fridays kickoff as from there on our beloved jets will be playing every week!!
    You put Tebow ahead of Sanchez in the post title; are you implying that Sanchez sucks?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I think everyone here roots for the Jets and their players to succeed. It goes without saying which is why it is unsaid sometimes.
    On a few occasions, if you want the Jets to succeed in the long-term you need to root for them to fail in the short-term.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    On a few occasions, if you want the Jets to succeed in the long-term you need to root for them to fail in the short-term.

SAR I
    Are we talking not necessarily caring if they win game b.c they are already out of the playoffs? I don't take issue with that.

But perhaps you are talking about something a little more sinister. Like rooting for a failed season before it even starts in order to get rid of a coach or GM? I don't agree with that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Article comparing Sanchez and Fitzpatrick:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/08/08/c..._cp#more-10018

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting topic, the Sanchez/Tebow dynamic has been seldom discussed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

But perhaps you are talking about something a little more sinister. Like rooting for a failed season before it even starts in order to get rid of a coach or GM? I don't agree with that.
    There are many who think the Jets didn't do what they should have last year in Miami. Because of this, it dooms our season before it even starts.

All indications out of Cortland Camp Chaos support this belief.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Interesting topic, the Sanchez/Tebow dynamic has been seldom discussed.
    Do you think they'll get along and be friends? I hope so. They could do puzzles together during quiet time and then post the puzzles on Twitter when they're finished and then Jets fans can say "wow, that's a great puzzle guys" and stuff like that.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Article comparing Sanchez and Fitzpatrick:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/08/08/c..._cp#more-10018
    Here’s the short version of my analysis of Sanchez: Because of limited arm strength and inconsistent progression reading and decision-making, he’s at his best working with a strong running game that provides a play-action element. Play-action almost always gives a quarterback a defined “either-or” read, with a check-down available if needed. This allows Sanchez to get the ball out quickly, within the structure and timing of the pass game. Through three years, this is what the film shows Sanchez to be. He’s a function of the team around him. He needs a consistent running game and solid offensive line to have a chance to be a quality starter.
    The only thing I disagree with is the arm-strength. Sanchez has enough arm strength to make all the throws. He just doesn't have the accuracy to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone Keeps hyping on the negative about tebow and Sanchez and this can be blamed on society and the media as we are trained to circle what is wrong with the picture when we are in preschool.
    LOL, even the Tebow media circus is the teacher's fault!.........
    Last edited by copernicus; 08-09-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I disagree with is the arm-strength. Sanchez has enough arm strength to make all the throws. He just doesn't have the accuracy to.
    I disagree with that as well, Sanchez may not have a rocket for an arm, but his arm is strong enough to make all NFL throws.

The writers comments about inconsistent progression reading and decision making is dead on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Do you think they'll get along and be friends? I hope so. They could do puzzles together during quiet time and then post the puzzles on Twitter when they're finished and then Jets fans can say "wow, that's a great puzzle guys" and stuff like that.

SAR I
    LOL...I hope so. Could be a great reality show, kind of like the Odd Couple.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    LOL, teacher's fault again!.........
    LOL...those damn preschool teachers ruining our nation's children. I remember when I colored outside the lines my teacher would publicly berate me for doing so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone Keeps hyping on the negative about tebow and Sanchez and this can be blamed on society and the media as we are trained to circle what is wrong with the picture when we are in preschool. It's just in our blood. We need to focus on the positives and stay positive as we are all jet fans and want to see us succeed right? Well here is a few positives I am imagining are going to and have happened with bringing in tebow,
    I appreciate the post. It is well written and thought out. If you are looking for the silver lining for what i believe is an organization that is not going in the right direction then it is for you.

I am not buying this.

I dont believe the JETS FO and HC anymore.

I dont believe football people could look at last season's failures on the OLINE, the positions that many intelligent football people believe where games are won, and do nothing to improve it.

I dont believe this FO and HC as they continue to lie to their fan base and appear to not really know what they are doing most of the time in spite of posting a good record years 1 and 2 and a great playoff run.

Last season's end was not just a few losses. It spoke volume as to the chaos that was happening under Rex Ryan.

From ridiculous Super Bowl predictions, to making a malcontent the captain of the team, to claiming that the team now doesnt believe in having captains at all, to star players quitting on teammates, to back up QBs and HOF players stating the locker room was toxic, to yelling at fans "FU" from the HC after pitiful performances, to boasting how the HC sat Sanchez in practice late in the season for Brunell, to claims of being the best defensive coach, to denying they are interested in Peyton Manning, to the owner claiming he didnt realize that Tebow would bring so much media hype, to doing everything and anything to have a stadium of their own, ALL LIES, ALL signs that this FO and HC are in over their heads. And who pays the price? The fans who PAY and PAY and PAY. I dont think this is how you build championships over a long period of time.

I have never felt so disrespected by this organization in the 40 years I've been following this team.

So again, thanks for the well written post. It sounds great on paper. I hope you are right.

Unfortunately, I dont think the FO and HC believe this.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08-09-2012 at 10:01 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem starts with the owner, Woody the Trust Baby. Then you have a contract guy who is making personal decisions. The topper is the mouth who is good coordinator but not a head coach. All this stuff about Sanchez is probably true, but it sure would be nice to see what he could do with two top-notch wide outs and a top notch slot receiver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...those damn preschool teachers ruining our nation's children. I remember when I colored outside the lines my teacher would publicly berate me for doing so.
    Again, if it weren't for No Child Left Behind this Tebow thing would be a lot better.......
    Last edited by copernicus; 08-09-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    every copernicus post:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...but don't worry copernicus...

you're holding the FO and CS accountable with your posts here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your reply's to my post have less words but bigger funny pictures each time! It would be nice to at least debate or discuss the team that both of us obviously have a lot of passion for.

Yes, I am upset, I dont think I am so far out in left field. I am a long time fan like you. I have lived through Leon Hess and yes the record is a 1000X better than in the past. But Woody is a different animal, I just have a difficult time believing anything he says. He acts like a football fan but after he opens his mouth he sounds like the silver spooned elitist that he is. I dont think its about winning championships for him. I think he craves the attention and if a SB comes his way, then great, but in the mean time he is much more focused and Tebow and the next thing that will get his team on the back page and keep the Giants off it. All the while jacking up prices to a ridiculous level. I have little respect for him.