Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Focus on the positives with tebow & Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    ...but don't worry copernicus...

you're holding the FO and CS accountable with your posts here.

LOL, I knew that would come back to bite me!

Yeah, keeping the JETS FO accountable on a web site is like blaming Sanchez for Hunter, D'Brick, Holmes, Pax, and S Green's poor play.........

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman6 View Post

Second, they say Sanchez is endangered of seeing less of the field? Well I see the opposite. We were one of the worst teams last year on converting 3rd downs, now don't quote me on that but my memory of the games last year were a lot of 3 n outs. With tebow you can bring him in on 3 and 2 or 3 and 3 and he's gonna bulldoze for the first down and this is actually going to keep Sanchez on the field cause now him and the offense will get 3 more downs to work with!
    Disagree on the rationale here.

We need our starting QUARTERBACK to consistently convert those 3rd and 2's and 3rd and 3's. Not QB by platoon.

That's what will produce consistent winning and competing for division titles.

If it's not Sanchez, then get a new quarterback.

JMHO.

_

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

We need our starting QUARTERBACK to consistently convert those 3rd and 2's and 3rd and 3's. Not QB by platoon.

JMHO.

_
    WOW.

100% in agreement with Mr Stokes here.He thinks Sanchez can and i think Sanchez can't.But we both hope he will.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Article comparing Sanchez and Fitzpatrick:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/08/08/c..._cp#more-10018
    he makes the point that Fitzpatrick, despite his poor mechanics, has Gailey to thank for his success in the bills offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Your reply's to my post have less words but bigger funny pictures each time! It would be nice to at least debate or discuss the team that both of us obviously have a lot of passion for.
    I like funny pictures. That's often the way I like to play around. I'm a funny guy. As far as debate... don't you think that's been done ad naseum? I mean, I think I could pretty much tell you what your viewpoint is as far as this FO/CS goes. I think you could tell me mine. You ain't changing mine, and I'm not changing yours. So if it's all right with you, I won't go telling you to stop posting what you think is so wrong with the team, and I get to keep posting silly **** that conveys my thoughts. Me? I'm patiently waiting for the games to start because I'm pretty damn sure that until the games actually get going, none of us know how this is going to play out.

Yes, I am upset, I dont think I am so far out in left field. I am a long time fan like you. I have lived through Leon Hess and yes the record is a 1000X better than in the past. But Woody is a different animal, I just have a difficult time believing anything he says. He acts like a football fan but after he opens his mouth he sounds like the silver spooned elitist that he is. I dont think its about winning championships for him. I think he craves the attention and if a SB comes his way, then great, but in the mean time he is much more focused and Tebow and the next thing that will get his team on the back page and keep the Giants off it. All the while jacking up prices to a ridiculous level. I have little respect for him.
    I get it. It's hip and cool to hate the rich. Especially coming from an NEA culture. It's much like the environmentalists in my book. They love to hoot and howl about us terrible polluters, but I never find one of them who bicycles everywhere they go, and forgoes heat in the house during January. Same deal with the "hate the rich" crowd. They love to bemoan all the evil rich people, but if you walk around their homes, they've got all the products that made the rich rich. Weird. That Thamos Edison was one rich bastard. Bet you're pretty fond of his lightbulbs though....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post

I get it. It's hip and cool to hate the rich. Especially coming from an NEA culture. It's much like the environmentalists in my book. They love to hoot and howl about us terrible polluters, but I never find one of them who bicycles everywhere they go, and forgoes heat in the house during January. Same deal with the "hate the rich" crowd. They love to bemoan all the evil rich people, but if you walk around their homes, they've got all the products that made the rich rich. Weird. That Thamos Edison was one rich bastard. Bet you're pretty fond of his lightbulbs though....
    Al Gore up the creek.

Al Gore posed for a photo paddling a canoe. But in order to make sure the canoe would float for the photo-op, 4 billion gallons of water was released from a New Hampshire dam and allowed to escape down the creek. New Hampshire was in the middle of a record drought at the time.

_

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman6 View Post
    We need to focus on the positives and stay positive as we are all jet fans and want to see us succeed right?
    You're speaking a foreign language to the miserable SOJF's on this board. Yes we all have our concerns about our team, and we still have a lot of unanswered questions about our roster, but why continue to be a fan of a team you are gonna constantly b*tch and moan about. That has to be some sad existence I tell you that much....

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I appreciate the post. It is well written and thought out. If you are looking for the silver lining for what i believe is an organization that is not going in the right direction then it is for you.

I am not buying this.

I dont believe the JETS FO and HC anymore.

I dont believe football people could look at last season's failures on the OLINE, the positions that many intelligent football people believe where games are won, and do nothing to improve it.
    Nothing to improve it. Hmmm, seems that Shotty and Callahan were replaced. That's the OC and the Oline coach. Wouldn't that be seen a DOING SOMETHING TO TRY AND IMPROVE the situation ??

I dont believe this FO and HC as they continue to lie to their fan base and appear to not really know what they are doing most of the time in spite of posting a good record years 1 and 2 and a great playoff run.
    Bwahahaha, yeah, they just accidentally stumbled into the AFCC 2 of the past 3 years.

Last season's end was not just a few losses. It spoke volume as to the chaos that was happening under Rex Ryan.
    And Rex has owned up to that and is addressing it.

From ridiculous Super Bowl predictions, to making a malcontent the captain of the team, to claiming that the team now doesnt believe in having captains at all, to star players quitting on teammates, to back up QBs and HOF players stating the locker room was toxic, to yelling at fans "FU" from the HC after pitiful performances, to boasting how the HC sat Sanchez in practice late in the season for Brunell, to claims of being the best defensive coach, to denying they are interested in Peyton Manning, to the owner claiming he didnt realize that Tebow would bring so much media hype, to doing everything and anything to have a stadium of their own, ALL LIES, ALL signs that this FO and HC are in over their heads. And who pays the price? The fans who PAY and PAY and PAY. I dont think this is how you build championships over a long period of time.
    Dude, people make freaking mistakes. You live, you learn, you go on. Rex screwed up last year with the captains thing, so he did away with it. That's a no brainer.

As for Woody, are you daft ? What he said was that he knew there would be a lot of media hype, he just didn't expect it to be as big as it was. There are people around here who talked about "the circus" and how coverage of the Jets would change, and even they are surprised by what they have seen.

Seriously, when Tebow was traded, everyone, including you, knew that there would be more media coverage. That said, did you EVER predict that freaking ESPN would come out and set up shop at camp for an entire week and devote that much coverage to the Jets and Tebow ?

Did you think that the media would cover every single throw made in camp and run the stat counters ?

It's like looking at an oncoming tornado, knowing that yeah, the winds are really strong, and then finding yourself in the middle of it. From the outside, you think you have an idea, or some notion about it. But once you get on the inside, you fully begin to understand the real intensity.

I have never felt so disrespected by this organization in the 40 years I've been following this team.
    Yeah, it's not like they've gone deep into the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years, or anything like that.

I know I'm new here, but prior to Rex and company, when was the last time that the Jets went to back to back AFCC games ???

Taking a quick look, it appears that since 1970, the Jets have been to the AFCC game a grand total of 4 times. 4 times in the last 42 or so years. And 2 of those times HAVE BEEN IN THE LAST 3 YEARS.

I tell ya, nothing but disrespect for the fans by a coaching staff and ownership that have no idea what they are doing.

What a frakking joke.

JMHO.

_
    Why ? How often do teams find themselves in 3rd and 2 and they hand the ball to a big running back to pound for those 2 yards ?

That's like saying that you should NEVER take the ball out of the QB's hand in the red zone, but teams do just that by having kickers attempt FGs.

Point is, you do whatever is best to try and put points on the board. IF that means leaving the ball in the #1 QB's hands, so be it. If it means kicking a FG, so be it. If it means handing the ball to a RB, so be it. If it means bringing in QB #2 and running WC, so be it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Why ? How often do teams find themselves in 3rd and 2 and they hand the ball to a big running back to pound for those 2 yards ?

That's like saying that you should NEVER take the ball out of the QB's hand in the red zone, but teams do just that by having kickers attempt FGs.

Point is, you do whatever is best to try and put points on the board.
    Fair and balanced.

IF that means leaving the ball in the #1 QB's hands, so be it.
    Yes.

If it means kicking a FG, so be it.

Yes.

If it means handing the ball to a RB, so be it.
    Yes.

If it means bringing in QB #2 and running WC, so be it.
    No.

By the way--this is all just opinion, if you're going to stalk me for hours and defend your savior, have a good time.

I don't care if it's Mark Sanchez or a sophmore in the SEC or a Junior in the WAC, I want a QB like a Brady or Rogers or Manning or Stafford or Romo or Rivers or Cutler or Flacco or Ryan or Vick or whomever that their team is NEVER going to bring in another QB to do what the starting QB should do--hand off, throw, QB sneak or bootleg.

I get it--you're a Tebow Teabagger and anything you can do to get TEBOW on the field is what you are going to defend.

I want ONE QB and ONE QB ONLY--if it's not Sanchez then move on. It's not about winning A game, it's about becoming a consistent winner for YEARS. YOU only care about Tebow and not the Jets of their long-term interests--so your opinion means nothing to me.

That's just my opinion.

But I know it's important for you people to get the last word in, so go ahead.

Hope you were happy getting in your childish dig yesterday--here's your opportunity--get your last childish word in again.

_

Fair and balanced.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

By the way--this is all just opinion, if you're going to stalk me for hours and defend your savior, have a good time.
    Son, I don't stalk you. I just happen to read through threads that are of interest to me, see statements that I disagree with, and I respond to them. Could have sworn that's how forums worked ???? Anyways, in the process, I come across some of your posts, shake my head, laugh a bit, and then reply.

I don't care if it's Mark Sanchez or a sophmore in the SEC or a Junior in the WAC, I want a QB like a Brady or Rogers or Manning or Stafford or Romo or Rivers or Cutler or Flacco or Ryan or Vick or whomever that their team is NEVER going to bring in another QB to do what the starting QB should do--hand off, throw, QB sneak or bootleg.
    So, I'm guessing that if I were to go back through and look at threads from a couple of years ago, I'd see thaty you were adamantly opposed to Brad Smith coming in and running WC plays ??

I get it--you're a Tebow Teabagger and anything you can do to get TEBOW on the field is what you are going to defend.
    Actually, you still won't believe this, but I want what's best for the Jets. If that means Tebow running WC for 5 plays, that's fine. If it means Tebow running or throwing on a fake punt ? That's fine. If it means Tebow standing on the sidelines for the entire game, that's fine.

Tebow is young and still developing as a QB and I look at things in the long term. Doesn't matter to me whether he hits the field this year or not.

I want ONE QB and ONE QB ONLY--if it's not Sanchez then move on. It's not about winning A game, it's about becoming a consistent winner for YEARS. YOU only care about Tebow and not the Jets of their long-term interests--so your opinion means nothing to me.

That's just my opinion.

But I know it's important for you people to get the last word in, so go ahead.
    It's "not about winning a game" ? Damn, wouldn't a win against Miami last year have changed the playoff picture ? Couple that with a win against Denver and the Jets would have been in the playoffs. So yes, it very often is about winning a game.

Another thing that you might consider is that having Tebow and running the WC might actually BENEFIT Sanchez in the long run. How so ? Sanchez is under the gun in NY. He's a top 5 draft pick that the Jets traded up for. Many people are saying that his is his "make or break" season. That this is really his last chance.

Me ? I happen to think that he's still a young and developing QB, and that there's plenty of room for growth. That he still has a lot of potential that he hasn't realized, and that he has a pretty high ceiling. I also think that unless he's an utter disaster this season, that the Jets definitely should stick with him.

But what happens if he has a so so year and the Jets finish 8-8 again ? Would that be the end of him being a starter here ? Quite possibly so. But what if the WC can extend possessions and get Sanchez some extra downs ? Take the game against Denver, what happens if Tebow came in on 4th and 2 at the Denver 3 yd line and gets a first down or a TD ? That changes Folk's FG to a TD and puts 4 more pts on the board. Say if Tebow came in and ran the WC on 4th and 3 at the Denver 34 and gave Sanchez 1st and 10 from the Denver 30 ?

What happens if in Miami, Tebow and the WC gets a 1st down instead of the Jets kicking a FG on 4th and 2 at the Miami 13 yard line ?

Those 3 plays alone would have taken the Jets from 8-8 and sitting at home, to 10-6 and in the playoffs. Think people would be *****ing as much about Sanchez if the Jets had finished 10-6 and made the playoffs ?

Now, think about the possibility that similar situations might arise this year. Have any doubts that Ryan is much more likely to go for it on 4th and short inside the opponents 35 yard line ? Think that might lead to more downs for Sanchez ? Think that might lead to more wins ? Think that might take heat off of Sanchez and give him more time to develop and be that elite QB that you want him to be ?

All Pro
    Al Gore up the creek.

Al Gore posed for a photo paddling a canoe. But in order to make sure the canoe would float for the photo-op, 4 billion gallons of water was released from a New Hampshire dam and allowed to escape down the creek. New Hampshire was in the middle of a record drought at the time.

_
    He rode in his limo from his private jet to get there too. It's also a fact that one of his mansions in Tennessee has the option of green energy for for extra $ to the Gas company, but he does not take advantage of that.

Hall Of Fame
    Son, I don't stalk you. I just happen to read through threads that are of interest to me, see statements that I disagree with, and I respond to them. Could have sworn that's how forums worked ???? Anyways, in the process, I come across some of your posts, shake my head, laugh a bit, and then reply.

So, I'm guessing that if I were to go back through and look at threads from a couple of years ago, I'd see thaty you were adamantly opposed to Brad Smith coming in and running WC plays ??

Actually, you still won't believe this, but I want what's best for the Jets. If that means Tebow running WC for 5 plays, that's fine. If it means Tebow running or throwing on a fake punt ? That's fine. If it means Tebow standing on the sidelines for the entire game, that's fine.

Tebow is young and still developing as a QB and I look at things in the long term. Doesn't matter to me whether he hits the field this year or not.

It's "not about winning a game" ? Damn, wouldn't a win against Miami last year have changed the playoff picture ? Couple that with a win against Denver and the Jets would have been in the playoffs. So yes, it very often is about winning a game.

Another thing that you might consider is that having Tebow and running the WC might actually BENEFIT Sanchez in the long run. How so ? Sanchez is under the gun in NY. He's a top 5 draft pick that the Jets traded up for. Many people are saying that his is his "make or break" season. That this is really his last chance.

Me ? I happen to think that he's still a young and developing QB, and that there's plenty of room for growth. That he still has a lot of potential that he hasn't realized, and that he has a pretty high ceiling. I also think that unless he's an utter disaster this season, that the Jets definitely should stick with him.

But what happens if he has a so so year and the Jets finish 8-8 again ? Would that be the end of him being a starter here ? Quite possibly so. But what if the WC can extend possessions and get Sanchez some extra downs ? Take the game against Denver, what happens if Tebow came in on 4th and 2 at the Denver 3 yd line and gets a first down or a TD ? That changes Folk's FG to a TD and puts 4 more pts on the board. Say if Tebow came in and ran the WC on 4th and 3 at the Denver 34 and gave Sanchez 1st and 10 from the Denver 30 ?

What happens if in Miami, Tebow and the WC gets a 1st down instead of the Jets kicking a FG on 4th and 2 at the Miami 13 yard line ?

Those 3 plays alone would have taken the Jets from 8-8 and sitting at home, to 10-6 and in the playoffs. Think people would be *****ing as much about Sanchez if the Jets had finished 10-6 and made the playoffs ?

Now, think about the possibility that similar situations might arise this year. Have any doubts that Ryan is much more likely to go for it on 4th and short inside the opponents 35 yard line ? Think that might lead to more downs for Sanchez ? Think that might lead to more wins ? Think that might take heat off of Sanchez and give him more time to develop and be that elite QB that you want him to be ?
    Didn't read, but it looks like you wrote a lot.

Happy now?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He rode in his limo from his private jet to get there too. It's also a fact that one of his mansions in Tennessee has the option of green energy for for extra $ to the Gas company, but he does not take advantage of that.
    Wasn't his sister dying of lung cancer, he made it a big campaign issue, but his family made a fortune in the tobacco industry?

_

Didn't read, but it looks like you wrote a lot.

Happy now?

_

Nope. Just to help you out though, here's a shorter version:

Wasn't his sister dying of lung cancer, he made it a big campaign issue, but his family made a fortune in the tobacco industry?

_

He made a big speech at a Dem convention claiming that right after his sister died of cancer, he changed his opinion/attitude about tobacco.

Thing is, he and his family kept growing it for a number of years after his sister's death. He also campaigned and portrayed himself as a tobacco farmer and he also took money from Big Tobacco for years.

I am one of the bigger negative nellies on this forum but I totally agree with the op on this one. Getting Tebow was a great mover for the team and a great move for Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I am one of the bigger negative nellies on this forum but I totally agree with the op on this one. Getting Tebow was a great mover for the team and a great move for Sanchez.
    Getting Tebow is a desperation move by a team that has glaring offensive weaknesses and plays in the same town as the reigning Super Bowl Champion.

It's a publicity stunt to sell tickets that might result in a longshot Hail Mary if the stars align properly, and they won't.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Getting Tebow is a desperation move by a team that has glaring offensive weaknesses and plays in the same town as the reigning Super Bowl Champion.

It's a publicity stunt to sell tickets that might result in a longshot Hail Mary if the stars align properly, and they won't.

SAR I

Or, it's a move by a coach who believes in playing smash mouth football along with a complimentary passing game ?

I'm not trying to call anyone out but sar why are you even a jets fan.. Every post is about how crappy the jets are its nuts.. I just can't see myself talking all this crap about the team I love and root for.. Sure I get pissed at the jets for idiotic moves they make but at least try and look at the bright side.. I mean the season didn't even start!