Thread: What I am going to be looking for

What I am going to be looking for

There are two areas of concern that I am going to be looking at during the preseason.

1. The offensive line. Still not convinced that we have overcome the weaknesses from last year and depth is an issue. Can they open up the running lanes as well ?

2. Can our wide receivers get open ? Even when Sanchez had time to throw our wide receivers were often covered and had trouble getting open and comin back for the ball.

All Pro
    As am i,but more to the position,the RT position and the person who will be starting there against the Bengals . Austin Howard has the size that would make an interesting prospect at that position.He has been getting the love from the coaches in camp and with Hunter sidelined,Howard will probably get plenty of time to stake a claim.

As to the receiving core,sometimes stuff has to happen for a player to get the opportunity he needs.How would Victor Cruz be so Valuable to the Jints had not all the receivers ahead of him not gotten injured in camp.Well it just so happens that both our Veteran Receivers are out injured (Holmes<Kerley) and with the staff not signing any old foogies,the youngsters will get the chance to stake their claim.Guys like Riley,pollard,White and Webber will get their chance.

We know that Holmes,Hill,Kerley and IMHO,Turner should be the lead candidates at WR.We need atleast 2 guys from the kiddie corp to step forward and get notice.It would not bother me in the least if Holmes Kerley and Hunter can't play until the 3rd preseason game when the 1st string offense will get their most extensive action.

Gut feeling is that Turner is the one that comes up with the big game tomorrow....opportunity and familiarity.

Do we have any word if Sapp or Dowtin are going to play? Both have been with the rehab group.

I also hope ellis gets the start and work with the 1s with pouha out. And wouldnt mind seeing revis not dressed and lancaster get the start.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm rooting like hell for Austin Howard to play lights out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    There are two areas of concern that I am going to be looking at during the preseason.

1. The offensive line. Still not convinced that we have overcome the weaknesses from last year and depth is an issue. Can they open up the running lanes as well ?

2. Can our wide receivers get open ? Even when Sanchez had time to throw our wide receivers were often covered and had trouble getting open and comin back for the ball.
    While I agree with point 2, I think it's premature without Holmes and Kerly and Schilens.

Having said that--if Hill and White can get open without the others on the field then WATCH OUT

_

Cincy's first unit DBs are banged up as much as the Jets first unit WRs are. Imagine if Holmes and Kerley were playing and Sanchez couldn't pass the ball against a makeshift secondary? man, they'd be calling for Tebow already.

I said it earlier somewheree, I want to see the Jets' other CBs (Steed, Lankster, Posey, etc.) matchup against the Bengals' sub receivers Mo Sanu (3rd rounder), Marvin Jones (5th) and probably even Shipley, who is kinda buried on the depth chart now. Could be a good challenge

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll be looking for ONLY ONE THING

NO INJURIES

period

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Amen Brother.

I agree with the no injuries .. But most of all im just pumped to see the jets season is finally here again!

Once tomorrow starts the jets will be on every week until the end of the season

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

THIS MORON IS A PATS FAN

F-HIM

It will be hard to tell being that a good portion of our receiving corps aren't going to be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    THIS MORON IS A PATS FAN

F-HIM
    You really need to stop venting your sexual frustration with troll posts

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Agree, the run is the key to the O, as always it falls on the OL which I think has enough experienced bodies, but execution is what is important.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    NO INJURIES period

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Amen Brother.
    And maybe see how Ducasse is progressing at guard ...

Kendrick Ellis will be starting at NT for Pouha who will not play.

Great opportunity to see how the big man has developed.

offensive run/pass play strategy, post ****tforbrains. Can the O psych out the D and and not look like they got lucky

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

NO INJURIES

period

exactly