Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Timmy will be starting by October

Why Timmy will be starting by October

We all know that Tebow sucks, but He'll be starting soon because Sanchez is going to get killed.

Slauson is average at best, Moore is ok at best, and Hunter is just a joke, a fing revolving fing door ( see Von Miller against him in last years Denver game for a good laugh)

Please tell me WHY IN THE HELL we didn't do anything in the off season to address the OL issues.

Sanchez also has no wr's.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mods can we sticky this? This is a very interesting topic that hasn't been discussed before.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 08-09-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Mods can we pin this? This is a very interesting topic that hasn't been discussed before.
    Part of this is wishful thinking, as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    As the season approaches, the tebow haters are finally realizing what is going to happen. But instead of accepting it, they are already making excuses like no oline, no wrs etc.

Tebow will be the starting qb because he is the best qb on the roster to run our offense. No excuses needed my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    We all know that Tebow sucks, but He'll be starting soon because Sanchez is going to get killed.

Slauson is average at best, Moore is ok at best, and Hunter is just a joke, a fing revolving fing door ( see Von Miller against him in last years Denver game for a good laugh)

Please tell me WHY IN THE HELL we didn't do anything in the off season to address the OL issues.
    I hope this thread gets dumped and every time I read about tebow being our starter I want to slap woody johnson.

However its too tough to not comment on the last post.

What should we have done to improve our oline? Replace slauson a servicable, inexpensive player who played hurt last year? Replace moore, take a cap hit, and lose his veteran presence on the line. Who do you want to replace hunter....eric winson? Demetrius Bell? That would have tied up money that unfortunately has to go to revis.

Should we have drafted a RT over Coples, Hill or Demario? How are the early reports on decastro looking?

Some people are just never satisfied. We need weapons on offense so we trade up for Hill. We need a pass rush so we pick coples. We need speed at LB, so we draft Davis. We need help at safety so we sign bell and landy and draft allen and bush. But god Tanny sucks, he didnt address RT.....

Ya no changes to line because our line isn't bad. Slauson was one of our most consistent players last year. Hunter is not good in isolation, he should benefit by Sporanos desire for doubling with TE's.

Mangold was out for the first few games, and probably played injured for a number of games after that.

Brick regressed after signing a big contract. He should bounce back.

We didn't address the line because Every NFL team has issues with their Line. and at some point you need to stick with your guys and start learning the blocking schemes. If your O-coordinator consistently gives you no TE support, then your blocking schemes rely heavily on the linemen. If your blocking scheme puts your RT in isolation against a great pass rusher, then the O-coordinator + Line coach is doing a crappy job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow will be the starting qb because he is the best qb on the roster to run our offense. No excuses needed my friends.
    If our offense is the single wing...we're in agreement.

As the season approaches, the tebow haters are finally realizing what is going to happen. But instead of accepting it, they are already making excuses like no oline, no wrs etc.

You seriously must have hit your head.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I hope this thread gets dumped and every time I read about tebow being our starter I want to slap woody johnson.

However its too tough to not comment on the last post.

What should we have done to improve our oline? Replace slauson a servicable, inexpensive player who played hurt last year? Replace moore, take a cap hit, and lose his veteran presence on the line. Who do you want to replace hunter....eric winson? Demetrius Bell? That would have tied up money that unfortunately has to go to revis.

Should we have drafted a RT over Coples, Hill or Demario? How are the early reports on decastro looking?

Some people are just never satisfied. We need weapons on offense so we trade up for Hill. We need a pass rush so we pick coples. We need speed at LB, so we draft Davis. We need help at safety so we sign bell and landy and draft allen and bush. But god Tanny sucks, he didnt address RT.....
    Um, did you watch the games last year? Thank god Sanchez is nimble, can move, and is a tough SOB, because things could have been a lot worse.

And Yes, we should have drafted, signed, traded for, cloned, or kidnapped an O-lineman...Did you watch the games last year?

Not defending Hunter per se, but there's a reason Von Miller won DROTY last year, and Hunter wasn't the only Olineman that Von abused.

Banned

I stopped reading when you said Moore was ok last year . He didn't let up a sack or QB hit last year. You have no clue.

All League
    i also think that tebow will be starting. but not because he is better than sanchez, just because i have a bad feeling the jets will struggle a little and the outside pressure will get too much for rex (from woody too) and he will be forced to.

just like denver last season. orton didn't play terrible, but the team struggled.

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously I'm beginning to think more and more that OUR JI Joe W. Namath is the real Joe W. Namath

Veteran
    I read the thread title and presumed the reference was to some far-out theory related to our own poster Timmy

Um, did you watch the games last year? Thank god Sanchez is nimble, can move, and is a tough SOB, because things could have been a lot worse.

And Yes, we should have drafted, signed, traded for, cloned, or kidnapped an O-lineman...Did you watch the games last year?
    Um yes I did and I saw the oline struggle.

However, I also have the ability to look beyond von miller throwing hunter on the ground, that football is a TEAM game, where playcalling matters.

On a CERTAIN passing down (3rd and 10), our OC left Hunter, our weakest lineman, 1 on 1 against a top pass rusher. No TE help and no RB on his side to chip miller and then go out for a pass. That is atrocious coaching. Hunter will never be without TE help in a situation like that this year.

We cant have all pros at every position. And our offensive coach is notorious for not putting players in position to succeed, that will now be a different story with Sparano.

Oh, and replacing slauson or moore, especially at the expense of not drafting hill or demario is ridiculous.

All League
    Colin Cowherd did a bit on crying this morning, I liked hearing about it the first time around.

All Pro

+1

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I stopped reading when you said Moore was ok last year . He didn't let up a sack or QB hit last year. You have no clue.
    Why crawl through a window when the door is open?