Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: Why Timmy will be starting by October

  1. #21
    The op has a point even if it is voiced in the extreme. The fact that the Jets did not replace one of the worst o lineman I've seen on the team over the last 5 or 6 years is bewildering. Just hoping he will be okay this year is a recipe for disaster.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Um yes I did and I saw the oline struggle.

    However, I also have the ability to look beyond von miller throwing hunter on the ground, that football is a TEAM game, where playcalling matters.

    On a CERTAIN passing down (3rd and 10), our OC left Hunter, our weakest lineman, 1 on 1 against a top pass rusher. No TE help and no RB on his side to chip miller and then go out for a pass. That is atrocious coaching. Hunter will never be without TE help in a situation like that this year.

    We cant have all pros at every position. And our offensive coach is notorious for not putting players in position to succeed, that will now be a different story with Sparano.

    Oh, and replacing slauson or moore, especially at the expense of not drafting hill or demario is ridiculous.
    Um, If you watched the games last year, you'd have realized that I used Von Miller as an example of Hunters ineptitude. he was horrible all year. Didn't you watch the games?

    Oh, and I didn't say Slauson or Moore should be replaced at the expense of Hill and Davis. But, I would have liked to see a trade down to get a real OT like Riley Reiff. Instead, we're stuck with a turnstile at RT

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Um, If you watched the games last year, you'd have realized that I used Von Miller as an example of Hunters ineptitude. he was horrible all year. Didn't you watch the games?

    Oh, and I didn't say Slauson or Moore should be replaced at the expense of Hill and Davis. But, I would have liked to see a trade down to get a real OT like Riley Reiff. Instead, we're stuck with a turnstile at RT
    You used the miller example and I clearly refuted it.

    Yes I watched Hunter struggle all year. And I watched it go unaddressed by our OC all year too. We didnt even use double TEs vs the Giants, who have a strong front 4, but struggle against the run.

    Hunter will have a better year, and in turn so will the line, because our staff will put them in position to be better.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Um, If you watched the games last year, you'd have realized that I used Von Miller as an example of Hunters ineptitude. he was horrible all year. Didn't you watch the games?

    Oh, and I didn't say Slauson or Moore should be replaced at the expense of Hill and Davis. But, I would have liked to see a trade down to get a real OT like Riley Reiff. Instead, we're stuck with a turnstile at RT
    Oh, and just so you know...Reiff hasnt worked with teh 1s in Detroit yet. Hasnt shown enough to beat out Gosder Cherilus

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I stopped reading when you said Moore was ok last year . He didn't let up a sack or QB hit last year. You have no clue.
    +1 What a D-bag.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    +1 What a D-bag.
    I'm a d-bag because I said Moore was OK?

    Personal attacks on this board are uncalled for.... You f-ing p*ssy.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You used the miller example and I clearly refuted it.

    Yes I watched Hunter struggle all year. And I watched it go unaddressed by our OC all year too. We didnt even use double TEs vs the Giants, who have a strong front 4, but struggle against the run.

    Hunter will have a better year, and in turn so will the line, because our staff will put them in position to be better.
    I hope you're right!!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Um, If you watched the games last year, you'd have realized that I used Von Miller as an example of Hunters ineptitude. he was horrible all year. Didn't you watch the games?

    Oh, and I didn't say Slauson or Moore should be replaced at the expense of Hill and Davis. But, I would have liked to see a trade down to get a real OT like Riley Reiff. Instead, we're stuck with a turnstile at RT
    Many scouts project reiff as an OG in the NFL

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,521

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    As the season approaches, the tebow haters are finally realizing what is going to happen. But instead of accepting it, they are already making excuses like no oline, no wrs etc.

    Tebow will be the starting qb because he is the best qb on the roster to run our offense. No excuses needed my friends.
    TEBOW IS 255 lbs.. He isnt a FullTime QB @ that weight.. What is ur dilema DUDE???

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    As the season approaches, the tebow haters are finally realizing what is going to happen. But instead of accepting it, they are already making excuses like no oline, no wrs etc.

    Tebow will be the starting qb because he is the best qb on the roster to run our offense. No excuses needed my friends.
    True.

    Sanchez is far and away a better passer, but the problem is there is no established WR's other than Keller he has a connection with. Sure he can build those connections with Hill, and i really hope he does, however, I dont think Keller and Hill will be anywhere near enough support for Sanchez.

    So, if our Defense is stellar, and it appears that way, i understand your argument about this Offense being a better fit for Tebow. Run the living hell out of the clock on offense, score 10-14 points, and hope your Defense continues to punch people in the mouth.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    TEBOW IS 255 lbs.. He isnt a FullTime QB @ that weight.. What is ur dilema DUDE???
    I dont think Joe W is saying Tebow is a better QB. He certainly is not a better Passer. But look at the roster.....we are counting on Sanchez to move the ball and score points through the air with a crappy #1, and unproven WR's. Sanchez doesnt have the luxury of more time. people are at their end. The team screwed him.

  13. #33
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    As the season approaches, the tebow haters are finally realizing what is going to happen. But instead of accepting it, they are already making excuses like no oline, no wrs etc.

    Tebow will be the starting qb because he is the best qb on the roster to run our offense. No excuses needed my friends.
    You're jumping the gun; Mark will play lights out.

    Your scenario is likely going to happen down the stretch, when teams are catching onto Sparan-O's tendencies. NOW, THIS...this is truly worrisome, as it could lead to a diffused lockerroom/at practice/inevitably in the playoffs.

    Smirk all you want, but it will never be a CLEAR decision, just a fuqking HUNCH, that there's a CHANCE...and the Tebow door will break open forever. terrible

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Please tell me WHY IN THE HELL we didn't do anything in the off season to address the OL issues.


    Exactly! Build the team through the lines first. D-Line & O-Line. We have a glaring weakness here.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,326
    Sorry everyone, but the Jets are not going to get rid of the QB position this year. If God wanted Tebow to play QB, he would have given him a throwing arm.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    TEBOW IS 255 lbs.. He isnt a FullTime QB @ that weight.. What is ur dilema DUDE???


    Tebow proved you wrong last year. This team is making disastrous decisions and you think, they won't start him?

    Think about this. We needed OL and we got Tebow, WTF? Jets Brass is reaching, they are not competent in making sound offensive decisions, sorry.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Mods can we sticky this? This is a very interesting topic that hasn't been discussed before.

    +1


    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post

    lol...

  18. #38
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,085
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Sorry everyone, but the Jets are not going to get rid of the QB position this year. If God wanted Tebow to play QB, he would have given him a throwing arm.
    This is the name of the NY Jets 2012 Team Video.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    We all know that Tebow sucks, but He'll be starting soon because Sanchez is going to get killed.

    Slauson is average at best, Moore is ok at best, and Hunter is just a joke, a fing revolving fing door ( see Von Miller against him in last years Denver game for a good laugh)

    Please tell me WHY IN THE HELL we didn't do anything in the off season to address the OL issues.
    If Dummy Johnson has his way Eddie Haskel will be starting for all 16 games.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    We all know that Tebow sucks, but He'll be starting soon because Sanchez is going to get killed.

    Slauson is average at best, Moore is ok at best, and Hunter is just a joke, a fing revolving fing door ( see Von Miller against him in last years Denver game for a good laugh)

    Please tell me WHY IN THE HELL we didn't do anything in the off season to address the OL issues.
    You mean other than bringing in a new Offensive coordinator, a new offensive line coach, and a new offensive scheme ???

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us