Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Timmy will be starting by October

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    We know he wont pass. Its well known among the Sanchites that Tebow has nowhere near a good arm, nor throwing motion.
    Yes, but Tebows wobblers and ability to run are greater than Sanchez's own wobblers and the fanbase's hopes that he figures out how to be an NFL QB.

45% completion in practice? QBs dont even get hit in practice. The guy's scrambling in 7on 7s.
    Tebow ain't starting over Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    45% completion in practice? QBs dont even get hit in practice. The guy's scrambling in 7on 7s.
    Tebow ain't starting over Mark Sanchez

Think it might have something to do with installing a new offense and becoming familiar with new guys, both for Sanchez and Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Rich Caster was an excellent deep threat wideout for the Jets

The term excellent however cannot be applied to Rich Caster...poster at JI

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Who do you think gave espn 24 hr open access to the jets training camp, and caused all of the bone head interviews with Cromagnum and Dumptonio,
    non other than Dummy Johnson, the same idiot who will force Shrex to start Eddie Haskell at QB. No disrespect intended, thats the way I see it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Cool. Crystal ball? What are the next powerball numbers?
    Actually it numbers and letters tonight

5 11 17 F U G, the extra letter is W

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Who do you think gave espn 24 hr open access to the jets training camp, and caused all of the bone head interviews with Cromagnum and Dumptonio,
    non other than Dummy Johnson, the same idiot who will force Shrex to start Eddie Haskell at QB. No disrespect intended, thats the way I see it.
    Ummm, when did ESPN get 24 hour open access to the Jets training camp ?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Sparano's best year as a HC where he started with the WC in 2008, his 3 passers (Pennington, Henning, Brown) combined for a 67% completion percentage.

Having an extremely high completion percentage such as that is a must in a run oriented O like people say Sparano wants to run because of the fewer passing opportunities. In a higher volume passing attack the O can afford a lower passing percentage (high 50s) because there will be more passing opportunities). That's not the case for low volume passing.

If the Jets are only throwing 15 times a game for instance, because of Tebow's piss poor completion percentage, that means the Jets would have to score points based on 7 completions a game.

This notion that Tebow is better suited for this O defies the facts and logic.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    In Sparano's best year as a HC where he started with the WC in 2008, his 3 passers (Pennington, Henning, Brown) combined for a 67% completion percentage.

Having an extremely high completion percentage such as that is a must in a run oriented O like people say Sparano wants to run because of the fewer passing opportunities. In a higher volume passing attack the O can afford a lower passing percentage (high 50s) because there will be more passing opportunities). That's not the case for low volume passing.

If the Jets are only throwing 15 times a game for instance, because of Tebow's piss poor completion percentage, that means the Jets would have to score points based on 7 completions a game.

This notion that Tebow is better suited for this O defies the facts and logic.
    Tim Tebow. Defying logic; but not the NE Patriots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Tim Tebow. Defying logic; but not the NE Patriots.
    LOL.

Yeah, I'm not getting into the Tebow vs. Sanchez battle because there're enough posters here invested in it, but I just hate fact defying misconceptions.

Tebow ran the spread option offense at UF and had a career completion percentage of 67%. His "worse" year was 64% and best 70%. If he was only completing 46% of his passes at UF that O wouldve been a disaster. It would never have worked. That's a major reason why Denver's PPG were so low.

If Tebow can somehow get his completion percentage into the 60% (we haven't seen that yet as a pro), then we can get into a serious discussion about his prospects longterm as an NFL QB.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    LOL.

Yeah, I'm not getting into the Tebow vs. Sanchez battle because there're enough posters here invested in it, but I just hate fact defying misconceptions.

Tebow ran the spread option offense at UF and had a career completion percentage of 67%. His "worse" year was 64% and best 70%. If he was only completing 46% of his passes at UF that O wouldve been a disaster. It would never have worked. That's a major reason why Denver's PPG were so low.

If Tebow can somehow get his completion percentage into the 60% (we haven't seen that yet as a pro), then we can get into a serious discussion about his prospects longterm as an NFL QB.
    Well said; get ready to say it 2,000+ more times.

Today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    We all know that Tebow sucks, but He'll be starting soon because Sanchez is going to get killed.

Slauson is average at best, Moore is ok at best, and Hunter is just a joke, a fing revolving fing door ( see Von Miller against him in last years Denver game for a good laugh)

Please tell me WHY IN THE HELL we didn't do anything in the off season to address the OL issues.
    Because we have a HC and a GM that know a heck of a lot more about football personnel then you do! Just sayin....

Jets Insider VIP
    Um, If you watched the games last year, you'd have realized that I used Von Miller as an example of Hunters ineptitude. he was horrible all year. Didn't you watch the games?

Oh, and I didn't say Slauson or Moore should be replaced at the expense of Hill and Davis. But, I would have liked to see a trade down to get a real OT like Riley Reiff. Instead, we're stuck with a turnstile at RT
    I'd say you are panicking! The guy did have a bad year BUT so did BRICK. I failed to read you calling for BRICK to be replaced. Hunter can improve per Rex and Sparano. They have more info then we do. If Hunter fails in preseason he will be replaced. Besides what if they feel AUSTIN HOWARD is ready to step in and take the RT job from Hunter? Again, they have more info then we do. Fans write posts with their emotions in most instances. These guys are pros and hopefully are fully versed in how to protect Sanchez. This topic has been beat to death this off season. The games start tonight! We will see if Hunter can step it up or if Howard has what it takes. If neither are capable we will get a new RT. You can count on that!

Has anyone heard if LANDOLT is out for the year?

We all know that Tebow sucks, but He'll be starting soon because Sanchez is going to get killed.

Slauson is average at best, Moore is ok at best, and Hunter is just a joke, a fing revolving fing door ( see Von Miller against him in last years Denver game for a good laugh)

Please tell me WHY IN THE HELL we didn't do anything in the off season to address the OL issues.
    I could not agree more. I guess Rex saw something i Slauson and Hunter it's a huge question mark. All we can hope for is that a a couple of OL get cut and the Jets are able to pick up some scraps

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I hope this thread gets dumped and every time I read about tebow being our starter I want to slap woody johnson.

However its too tough to not comment on the last post.

What should we have done to improve our oline? Replace slauson a servicable, inexpensive player who played hurt last year? Replace moore, take a cap hit, and lose his veteran presence on the line. Who do you want to replace hunter....eric winson? Demetrius Bell? That would have tied up money that unfortunately has to go to revis.

Should we have drafted a RT over Coples, Hill or Demario? How are the early reports on decastro looking?

Some people are just never satisfied. We need weapons on offense so we trade up for Hill. We need a pass rush so we pick coples. We need speed at LB, so we draft Davis. We need help at safety so we sign bell and landy and draft allen and bush. But god Tanny sucks, he didnt address RT.....
    Sure it's impossible to fill so many holes. Whose fault is it that the team had so many holes to fill?