Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm Another Positive Sanchez Article...

Jets Insider VIP

Hmmmm Another Positive Sanchez Article...

Well here is another positive article on Sanchez.

I think that the trend in these articles is very important because it shows that Sanchez is begining to win back the locker room...

Enjoy!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jenny Vrentas August 9, 2012

CORTLAND, N.Y. — The melees and skirmishes on the practice field had ceased, at least for a day, at Jets training camp. But the momentary indiscretions highlighted something important: Mark Sanchez, in his fourth year, being a voice for the team.

The quarterback was the one who had echoed coach Rex Ryan’s message — to the media Monday after the first fight at practice, and to his teammates Tuesday after Ryan had halted practice to have his team run gassers.

Sanchez reminded his fellow Jets that it didn’t matter “who was fighting, who instigated, who retaliated.” Just move on, he said.

“He’s more of a leader this year than he ever has (been) before,” tight end Dustin Keller said. “I think being in his fourth year, guys really respect his voice.”

Beyond the roar of speculation about whether the dynamic between Sanchez and Tim Tebow will be solvent is the reality that Sanchez has aced his first two weeks of training camp. Coming out strongly against the fights on the practice field, explaining that they do not benefit the team, was the latest example — and players and coaches noticed.

His teammates are more “accepting” of his leadership now than ever, Ryan explained, and Keller vouched for that.

“You see all the things he’s given to this team and the offense and all the work he’s put in, and you can’t help but respect every word that comes out of his mouth,” Keller said. “And he gets that respect from every single guy that is on that offense.”

We’ll have to wait until the regular season to see how the coaches sprinkle in Tebow in situational roles, and how that affects Sanchez’s playing time and rhythm. Friday’s preseason opener against Cincinnati will simply feature a “vanilla” offense, coordinator Tony Sparano said, with the starters expected to play 12 to 15 plays or about a quarter, and the second team about a half.

For now, the only first-team snaps Sanchez has lost during camp were in a third-down blitzing period Wednesday — and the coaches said the reason was that Sanchez was breezing through the exercise, so they gave Tebow extra work, two plays to be exact.

Ryan said Sanchez’s response was, “I need the reps.”

Sanchez’s commitment to the team has been evident the past two weeks, from the way he’s been in rookie receiver Stephen Hill’s ear with tips, to giving the younger players a ride to practice so they aren’t late, to addressing the team on the field Tuesday.

“You just feel more comfortable, you see what’s going on, you have a better perspective on things,” Sanchez said. “You can take a step back at times and really understand what Coach is trying to tell us. Then it’s my job to reiterate it to the team.”

While Ryan said it is up to the players to decide, he considers Sanchez the unquestioned leader of the offense. His reason is that Sanchez knows “all the answers” in the meeting room. He’s the player — along with center Nick Mangold — who can’t be stumped by Sparano.

“Last year, I thought he had a great grasp of our system. I don’t think there’s any doubt,” Ryan said. “I just see the way he’s interacting with all of the groups, the offensive line, the receivers, the (running) backs, you name it, even the defense. I just see that side of Mark that maybe I never saw before.”

Now, the Jets are hoping that translates to the regular season.

Jenny Vrentas: jvrentas@starledger.com

__________________________________________________ ___________

he'll be leading his ass all the way to the bench by October.

at least according to all the "rational/objective/realistic" Jets fans

I am really looking forward to Sanchez becoming a better leader this year. Although it wasn't all marks doing but he did lead this team to two afc championship games two years in a row and has won 4 playoff games on the road and one being against pretty boy Brady and scumb*g bellicheat. People forget he played great in those playoff runs. He did have a down year but we have to remember that was only marks 3rd year in the league!! Give the kid a break and let's judge him after this season.

I see/hope he becomes a better leader and a much improved player. I feel like he can't wait to get out on the field and remind us on how we got to two afc title games. At least I hope that is what is going on!

I can not wait to see how mark responds to all his critics and how he responds to the debacle of last year. We can only hope he turns it around and quickly!

One more day and preseason begins!

you know, I really wish everyone would pile it on the Jets. F the Saints, I want the Jets to grab the "US AGAINST THE WORLD" mantra!

Jets Insider VIP
    We all hope Sanchez becomes an elite qb this year. This is his last chance to prove he is a franchise qb for the Jets. If it happens, the Jets will win a lot of ball games this year.

I just do not see it happening. Ive watched sanchez for 3 years and I believe I know what I am getting from him. Or at least what i am getting from him under Rex Ryan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We all hope Sanchez becomes an elite qb this year. This is his last chance to prove he is a franchise qb for the Jets. If it happens, the Jets will win a lot of ball games this year.

I just do not see it happening. Ive watched sanchez for 3 years and I believe I know what I am getting from him. Or at least what i am getting from him under Rex Ryan.
    you also had a major woody for Chadwicks which pretty much dispells any notion of sense that you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    you also had a major woody for Chadwicks which pretty much dispells any notion of sense that you make.
    I'd take a young, healthy Pennington any day over what we have seen so far out Sanchez, especially with this team and how it is built.

Great read CB. Thanks for posting

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... good stuff ...

... i've been extremely happy with everything mark has said & done in the off-season & camp ...

... tomorrow is his first chance to show it for real on the field as well ... and the rest doesn't matter if he's not able to do that also ... but ... sanchez certainly gets an A+ grade so far this year ...

l_j_r

Nice article. After watching Peyton throw wet watermelons tonight, the Jets may have avoided a horrible signing. I hope Peyton recovers, but his arm looked shot this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'd take a young, healthy Pennington any day over what we have seen so far out Sanchez, especially with this team and how it is built.
    2 AFCCG's games and outplaying the best qb's on the road doesn't qualify him? Hope you find a time machine.

Tebow, though, you watched him on ESPN sportscenter, and you know what you're going to get from him, that 40% comp pct, that end of the year slide, and that monster playoff game against the Pats, that did it for you?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Hah! Healthy Pennington = oxymoron.

And that's another thing that goes unnoticed; the toughness of Sanchez.

Pennington wouldn't have lived to talk about the 40 sacks and 70 hits Sanchez brushed off last season.

Stafford, Cassel, Staub, Cutler, Vick, Kolb, etc., would be coming out of their comas right about now.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Well here is another positive article on Sanchez.

I think that the trend in these articles is very important because it shows that Sanchez is begining to win back the locker room...

Enjoy!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jenny Vrentas August 9, 2012

CORTLAND, N.Y. — The melees and skirmishes on the practice field had ceased, at least for a day, at Jets training camp. But the momentary indiscretions highlighted something important: Mark Sanchez, in his fourth year, being a voice for the team.

The quarterback was the one who had echoed coach Rex Ryan’s message — to the media Monday after the first fight at practice, and to his teammates Tuesday after Ryan had halted practice to have his team run gassers.

Sanchez reminded his fellow Jets that it didn’t matter “who was fighting, who instigated, who retaliated.” Just move on, he said.

“He’s more of a leader this year than he ever has (been) before,” tight end Dustin Keller said. “I think being in his fourth year, guys really respect his voice.”

Beyond the roar of speculation about whether the dynamic between Sanchez and Tim Tebow will be solvent is the reality that Sanchez has aced his first two weeks of training camp. Coming out strongly against the fights on the practice field, explaining that they do not benefit the team, was the latest example — and players and coaches noticed.

His teammates are more “accepting” of his leadership now than ever, Ryan explained, and Keller vouched for that.

“You see all the things he’s given to this team and the offense and all the work he’s put in, and you can’t help but respect every word that comes out of his mouth,” Keller said. “And he gets that respect from every single guy that is on that offense.”

We’ll have to wait until the regular season to see how the coaches sprinkle in Tebow in situational roles, and how that affects Sanchez’s playing time and rhythm. Friday’s preseason opener against Cincinnati will simply feature a “vanilla” offense, coordinator Tony Sparano said, with the starters expected to play 12 to 15 plays or about a quarter, and the second team about a half.

For now, the only first-team snaps Sanchez has lost during camp were in a third-down blitzing period Wednesday — and the coaches said the reason was that Sanchez was breezing through the exercise, so they gave Tebow extra work, two plays to be exact.

Ryan said Sanchez’s response was, “I need the reps.”

Sanchez’s commitment to the team has been evident the past two weeks, from the way he’s been in rookie receiver Stephen Hill’s ear with tips, to giving the younger players a ride to practice so they aren’t late, to addressing the team on the field Tuesday.

“You just feel more comfortable, you see what’s going on, you have a better perspective on things,” Sanchez said. “You can take a step back at times and really understand what Coach is trying to tell us. Then it’s my job to reiterate it to the team.”

While Ryan said it is up to the players to decide, he considers Sanchez the unquestioned leader of the offense. His reason is that Sanchez knows “all the answers” in the meeting room. He’s the player — along with center Nick Mangold — who can’t be stumped by Sparano.

“Last year, I thought he had a great grasp of our system. I don’t think there’s any doubt,” Ryan said. “I just see the way he’s interacting with all of the groups, the offensive line, the receivers, the (running) backs, you name it, even the defense. I just see that side of Mark that maybe I never saw before.”

Now, the Jets are hoping that translates to the regular season.

Jenny Vrentas: jvrentas@starledger.com

__________________________________________________ ___________

As long as the media keeps talking about Tebow Mark is having his best camp to date looks stronger bigger and smarter and he will do just fine...Tebow will be our Redzone slash player and Mark is our GUY simple as that...Hes getting better and I hope we get hot when we need to and make a run at this thing this year I really feel we have a lot of talent on D and The O just has to work a little harder.

Veteran

Wink

The more they drill it into your head that Sanchez is having a breakout summer, the bigger the story will be when he's fighting for his job by week 5.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    The more they drill it into your head that Sanchez is having a breakout summer, the bigger the story will be when he's fighting for his job by week 5.
    If they had another capable QB you might be right. The media, and some informed fans may be calling for it, but it ain't gonna happen. If Sanchez doesn't improve he'll be replaced next year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If they had another capable QB you might be right. The media, and some informed fans may be calling for it, but it ain't gonna happen. If Sanchez doesn't improve he'll be replaced next year.
    And what about the $11 mil he is garanteed next year?
    Last edited by NYJCAP2; 08-10-2012 at 12:32 AM.

All League

What are you expecting from Sanchez to call him elite this year?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Tebow.... They're setting up the controversy now...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    And what about the $11 mil he is garanteed next year?
    Tannenbaum's biggest mistake ever.