Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Thread: This Fox Sports writer should be fired

  1. #21
    Meh...I don't pay much attention to these guys. They are on the periphery of journalism and try to generate controversy in order to keep their low paying jobs.

  2. #22
    2:1 that the meathead who wrote this piece of garbage posts on JI.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was the other way around and ESPN asked the Jets if they could come. Rex said that the practices in question were open to the public, so ESPN could be there if they wanted to, or something to that effect.

    Hard Knocks was completely different as the cameras and crew had much more access and they were in the meeting rooms, offices, and everywhere else.
    I do believe espn asked and they asked every team until they got enough yes answers. Rex's response IMO could have just said it to "cover" for woody. Rex also said he wanted the team and himself to have a lower profile this off season and this flies in the face of that.

  4. #24
    Peter Schrager is a frequent contributor to NFL and college football coverage on FOXSports.com.Feel free to e-mail him at peterschrager@gmail.com

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    2:1 that the meathead who wrote this piece of garbage posts on JI.
    doubtful, Dave...

    not enough spelling errors and bad grammar

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    First of all, Woody said he was surprised it was that much coverage.

    As a journalist, you are supposed to know what is newsworthy, know your audience. They covered Tebow -- the backup QB as declared by every member of the Jets since the beginning -- from Day 1 of the trade all through summer. Then they show up in masses for training camp forcing us Tebow news by the hour as if any of the fans wanted to hear it. Did you want to hear it? I didn't. And 99% of Jets fans didn't want to hear it either. Again, know your audience, know what's newsworthy. People don't want to hear about the backup QB 24/7. The media thought we did. We didn't. And this lack of news judgement a major flaw in journalism today.

    I worked in the sports media for a decade and took pride in what I wrote and what I put in the paper for the readers. I know we are now in an age of instant news and everyone and anyone can report it, but really, most of the time it's you only see what the media wants you to see. So if they only report the TMZ-type stuff about the Jets, well, that's what most of the people are going to believe. Most random NFL fans don't know David Harris is a quiet leader and one of the top ILBs in the league, but they all know the Jets are a "circus" because one guy mopes or they get into a training camp scuffle.

    And don't even get me started on this whole keeping the Giants off the back page thing. Those newspapers who consistently put the Jets on the back cover with oh-so clever headlines about the team's "dysfunction" lost their integrity as serious news outlets a long time ago.
    Who cares what the jet fans wanted to hear, ESPN is world wide and the tri state area is just a small percentage of their audience.

    The jets sign the#1 personality in the league, they didn't just sign a B/U qb.
    If anyone followed the NFL last year and the coverage of Tebow expected any less they had their head in the sand. You let ESPN in your camp for a week, what stories you think are going to gather higher ratings nationally
    Tim Tebow, taking his morning walk or Lankster's better than anticipated camp. Do you think anyone in Iowa gives a moments thought to The 4th cb on the jets roster?

    What is going to get more coverage back to back fights or some random players good practice. The media is not the friend of the fan.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Meh...I don't pay much attention to these guys. They are on the periphery of journalism and try to generate controversy in order to keep their low paying jobs.
    low paying, i don't know. the rest is spot on.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,802
    I sent the hack a touching email of admiration to his email addy in foxboro

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Who cares what the jet fans wanted to hear, ESPN is world wide and the tri state area is just a small percentage of their audience.

    The jets sign the#1 personality in the league, they didn't just sign a B/U qb.
    If anyone followed the NFL last year and the coverage of Tebow expected any less they had their head in the sand. You let ESPN in your camp for a week, what stories you think are going to gather higher ratings nationally
    Tim Tebow, taking his morning walk or Lankster's better than anticipated camp. Do you think anyone in Iowa gives a moments thought to The 4th cb on the jets roster?

    What is going to get more coverage back to back fights or some random players good practice. The media is not the friend of the fan.
    all I am saying is when fans are complaining about the Tebow coverage -- Jets fans, Pats fans, fans of every team -- you need to know when to pull the plug. And that's the problem with the media now. they don't know the fan and they don't even try to.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    You can take your stupid smiley face emoticon and stick it, pal. The article is a hack job and not well researched. If it was fair I'd be ok with it. Declaring any team dead (or this team in particular since I am in fact a fan) before the season starts makes him an idiot in my opinion.
    A complete hack job?

    95% of the national media is calling the Jets nothing more than a "circus".

    That's all on Woody because of his ego to stay on the back pages of the New York papers.

    If Woody and the Jets ever won something (like your cross-town counterparts), all this stuff would be a non-issue.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    A complete hack job?

    95% of the national media is calling the Jets nothing more than a "circus".

    That's all on Woody because of his ego to stay on the back pages of the New York papers.

    If Woody and the Jets ever won something (like your cross-town counterparts), all this stuff would be a non-issue.
    Wow. Did I say it was a "complete" hack job? No, it was a poor job done by a hack. And please show me where 95% of the national media is calling the Jets nothing more than a circus. You can't. But whatever, dude. Trolls gotta keep trolling...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post

    R.I.P., 2012 Jets. You never had a chance.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

    Good thing he wasnt writing about the CLEVELAND BR0WNS!!!
    Wonder what he would have to say about them considering he is calling our season over before there is even 1 pre-season game played.
    But i think we all know this clowns agenda......the JETS are media hot and writing anything overtly negative or positive will get you noticed.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    A complete hack job?

    95% of the national media is calling the Jets nothing more than a "circus".

    That's all on Woody because of his ego to stay on the back pages of the New York papers.

    If Woody and the Jets ever won something (like your cross-town counterparts), all this stuff would be a non-issue.
    Actually, I feel like 1% called the Jets a circus and the other 94% copied the 1%'s homework...

    Seriously, if I hear or read "circus" and "Jets" in the same sentence again, i'm losing it. Fact is, its just the fashionable thing to report, nevermind that its not true.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Actually, I feel like 1% called the Jets a circus and the other 94% copied the 1%'s homework...

    Seriously, if I hear or read "circus" and "Jets" in the same sentence again, i'm losing it. Fact is, its just the fashionable thing to report, nevermind that its not true.
    I'm not good at math, so I can't answer that.

    All I know is that 95% of the national media refer to the Jets as a complete "circus", and rightfully so.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    Everyone wants to write about the Jets, its gets your name out there. Unfortunately its the same old sh!t over and over.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

    Good thing he wasnt writing about the CLEVELAND BR0WNS!!!
    Wonder what he would have to say about them considering he is calling our season over before there is even 1 pre-season game played.
    But i think we all know this clowns agenda......the JETS are media hot and writing anything overtly negative or positive will get you noticed.
    Who the heck wants to read about the Browns or any small market losers?

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post

    And please show me where 95% of the national media is calling the Jets nothing more than a circus.
    Really? Do you just read JI for all your football information?

    NFL Network, ProFootballTalk, UAS Today, Fox Sports, CNN Sports, Sports Ilustrated, and ProFootballWeekly have all referred to the Jets as a complete "circus".

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

    Good thing he wasnt writing about the CLEVELAND BR0WNS!!!
    Wonder what he would have to say about them considering he is calling our season over before there is even 1 pre-season game played.
    But i think we all know this clowns agenda......the JETS are media hot and writing anything overtly negative or positive will get you noticed.
    +1

    I stopped reading that article as soon as Pete starting going all Perez Hilton over camp fights. If Pete knew football he'd know it's commonplace for flare ups in training camps all across the league because it's open competition for 53 + 8 jobs. Everybody else goes home and/or has to find work elsewhere.

    Non story and looking forward to watching the team's first outing tomorrow night. Good luck and hope they win. (-;

  19. #39
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    A complete hack job?

    95% of the national media is calling the Jets nothing more than a "circus".

    That's all on Woody because of his ego to stay on the back pages of the New York papers.

    If Woody and the Jets ever won something (like your cross-town counterparts), all this stuff would be a non-issue.
    Enjoying the trolling? You define "thin ice". Keep it up, I will revel in your demise.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'm not good at math, so I can't answer that.

    All I know is that 95% of the national media refer to the Jets as a complete "circus", and rightfully so.
    why is it rightfully so?

    I haven't seen anything noteworthy of calling them a "circus" this year. Nobody follows the team like real fans, not the media, and not the trolls. You don't have the pulse of this team so stop telling us what it is.

    because they got into a training camp push fest they're a circus? if espn camped at any team for a week, they will conclude that team is a circus cause they all fight.

    because they got a couple loud mouths in holmes and cromartie? no other team has a single loud mouth/troublemaker. its not like half the detroit lions roster didn't get arrested or anything but they're not a circus.

    because we brought in a good football player who the staff believes will help them win games? i didn't see anybody call denver a circus when they brought in peyton.

    I understand the jets gave themselves a bad rap with the talking the past couple years, mostly from rex, but each year stands on its own and these media hacks keep shoving yesterdays news down our throats without doing any research or actual investigation/journalism. It's really annoying tuning in and hearing so ex-pats douchebag player report on nfl network that rex ryan farted and "oh my god, they're such a circus, see! see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    kinda like douchebag pats trolls coming onto our site and telling us how we should feel about our team. go back to the circle jerk that is patsfans.com where I would get permabanned for writing something even slightly negative as you have above. I guess i can't even really blame you for not hanging around that horrendous site. god forbid i want to talk football and don't suck bellicheats johnson...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us