Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Thread: This Fox Sports writer should be fired

  1. #41
    Sounds like any post from SAR or Rextilieon. Really, who cares?
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 08-09-2012 at 09:48 PM.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Enjoying the trolling? You define "thin ice". Keep it up, I will revel in your demise.
    Gotta love paulie, elevated to a position of power.

    Do you have that much authority at your current job?

    BTW, what do you do for a living?

  3. #43
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, VA
    Posts
    897
    Remember the genius that predicted the Jets to start 2009 0-5 "Guaranteed"? Yep, same guy...

    DUMP!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'm not good at math, so I can't answer that.

    All I know is that 95% of the national media refer to the Jets as a complete "circus", and rightfully so.
    Thank you for your completely non-Trolling and unbiased opinion.

  5. #45
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Gotta love paulie, elevated to a position of power.

    Do you have that much authority at your current job?

    BTW, what do you do for a living?
    I **** you up.

  6. #46
    LuLz at TX

  7. #47
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    why is it rightfully so?

    I haven't seen anything noteworthy of calling them a "circus" this year. Nobody follows the team like real fans, not the media, and not the trolls. You don't have the pulse of this team so stop telling us what it is.

    because they got into a training camp push fest they're a circus? if espn camped at any team for a week, they will conclude that team is a circus cause they all fight.

    because they got a couple loud mouths in holmes and cromartie? no other team has a single loud mouth/troublemaker. its not like half the detroit lions roster didn't get arrested or anything but they're not a circus.

    because we brought in a good football player who the staff believes will help them win games? i didn't see anybody call denver a circus when they brought in peyton.

    I understand the jets gave themselves a bad rap with the talking the past couple years, mostly from rex, but each year stands on its own and these media hacks keep shoving yesterdays news down our throats without doing any research or actual investigation/journalism. It's really annoying tuning in and hearing so ex-pats douchebag player report on nfl network that rex ryan farted and "oh my god, they're such a circus, see! see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    kinda like douchebag pats trolls coming onto our site and telling us how we should feel about our team. go back to the circle jerk that is patsfans.com where I would get permabanned for writing something even slightly negative as you have above. I guess i can't even really blame you for not hanging around that horrendous site. god forbid i want to talk football and don't suck bellicheats johnson...
    +1

    Thank god for rational fans.

  8. #48
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    After a 20-minute brawl temporarily suspended valuable practice time on Monday....
    Done.

    Stopped reading right there.

    Really? I was there! I was watching the other areas of practice, heard the crowd oohing and aahing, turned my head and the fight was over, players were pulling players away and laughing. I was and I am still amazed on how it is being portrayed! Wow.... just... wow. I know the media sucks, but this hyperbolic hit piece is so shamelessly biased that it's staggering.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 08-10-2012 at 12:01 AM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    why is it rightfully so?

    I haven't seen anything noteworthy of calling them a "circus" this year. Nobody follows the team like real fans, not the media, and not the trolls. You don't have the pulse of this team so stop telling us what it is.

    because they got into a training camp push fest they're a circus? if espn camped at any team for a week, they will conclude that team is a circus cause they all fight.

    because they got a couple loud mouths in holmes and cromartie? no other team has a single loud mouth/troublemaker. its not like half the detroit lions roster didn't get arrested or anything but they're not a circus.

    because we brought in a good football player who the staff believes will help them win games? i didn't see anybody call denver a circus when they brought in peyton.

    I understand the jets gave themselves a bad rap with the talking the past couple years, mostly from rex, but each year stands on its own and these media hacks keep shoving yesterdays news down our throats without doing any research or actual investigation/journalism. It's really annoying tuning in and hearing so ex-pats douchebag player report on nfl network that rex ryan farted and "oh my god, they're such a circus, see! see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    kinda like douchebag pats trolls coming onto our site and telling us how we should feel about our team. go back to the circle jerk that is patsfans.com where I would get permabanned for writing something even slightly negative as you have above. I guess i can't even really blame you for not hanging around that horrendous site. god forbid i want to talk football and don't suck bellicheats johnson...
    Did you also have the "pulse of the team" when Rex lost it last year, you should have told him where it was.

    I distrust the media and many time voiced that distrust. But please remember that these guys actually talk to the players and not just see them on tv like you and I. They are in the locker room, we are not. For you to believe that you have more accurate knowledge is your imagination running amok.

    The circus is not just the fighting. but more why the fights took place, Cros
    big mouth, The Tebow signing and bringing last years nfl circus to your town.

    Patriot trolls or SOJF or anyone that disagrees with you, don't tell you what to believe and how you should feel about a player, coach, team, whatever. People who have opposing viewpoints express that view tell you their point,
    just because you don't want to hear it, does not mean they are trying to brainwash you.

    Patsfans.com is similar to here. Sooth has a board that is completely free of fans from other teams, for jet fans who do not want to hear our take. Patsfans has a sub forum for fans of other teams to express how they feel.
    Sooth gives you the option, and you chose to participate in the forum that allows posters from other teams. It like saying it hurts when I do this, well quit doing it.

    A lot of teams have guys that speak when they should not and embarrass the franchise. But most of them were not encouraged to act and speak with bravado and swagger. Well this year, Rex wants to tone it down, and the these players are refusing to get off one bus and on the other.

    Manning is a circus? Denver understood what having Tebow and Manning could do, so they traded him for a 4th rd pick. They did not want the circus.
    Tebow is a talent and has skills that can help a team win, but the other things he brings are attached and part of the package, He is polarizing, he loves the media attention, Sanchez is undermined, yes he is. Days after pursuing manning they pursue another qb. No Mark, this is not a reflection on you. It is like when you break up with a girl and you tell her it is your fault and not hers.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Did you also have the "pulse of the team" when Rex lost it last year, you should have told him where it was.

    I distrust the media and many time voiced that distrust. But please remember that these guys actually talk to the players and not just see them on tv like you and I. They are in the locker room, we are not. For you to believe that you have more accurate knowledge is your imagination running amok.

    The circus is not just the fighting. but more why the fights took place, Cros
    big mouth, The Tebow signing and bringing last years nfl circus to your town.

    Patriot trolls or SOJF or anyone that disagrees with you, don't tell you what to believe and how you should feel about a player, coach, team, whatever. People who have opposing viewpoints express that view tell you their point,
    just because you don't want to hear it, does not mean they are trying to brainwash you.

    Patsfans.com is similar to here. Sooth has a board that is completely free of fans from other teams, for jet fans who do not want to hear our take. Patsfans has a sub forum for fans of other teams to express how they feel.
    Sooth gives you the option, and you chose to participate in the forum that allows posters from other teams. It like saying it hurts when I do this, well quit doing it.

    A lot of teams have guys that speak when they should not and embarrass the franchise. But most of them were not encouraged to act and speak with bravado and swagger. Well this year, Rex wants to tone it down, and the these players are refusing to get off one bus and on the other.

    Manning is a circus? Denver understood what having Tebow and Manning could do, so they traded him for a 4th rd pick. They did not want the circus.
    Tebow is a talent and has skills that can help a team win, but the other things he brings are attached and part of the package, He is polarizing, he loves the media attention, Sanchez is undermined, yes he is. Days after pursuing manning they pursue another qb. No Mark, this is not a reflection on you. It is like when you break up with a girl and you tell her it is your fault and not hers.
    I don't mind much of what you said here, but some of this is just plain "I watch too much ESPN" crap. Sorry, but the Jets didn't bring in Tebow to challenge Sanchez as you insinuate.
    Last edited by Bleedgreen; 08-10-2012 at 12:16 AM.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,659
    When one of the first sentences of an article is "I am not being over dramatic, I'm being realistic", the credibility and objectivity goes right down the tubes.

    Personally, I hope the national media and whoever else continues to write off the Jets and consider them a circus. If they are that amped up and ready to go at practice, I am anxious to see how the energy is channeled when it's a player in a different uniform.

    I'm not sure of much about this team yet, but one thing I'm fairly certain of is that we will be a physical, mean, nasty football team on both sides of the ball. Everyone in the country wants to see them fail, so I hope they use that to motivate them, and shove it down the throats of those that mock them.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 08-10-2012 at 12:32 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    I don't mind much of what you said here, but some of this is just plain "I watch too much ESPN" crap. Sorry, but the Jets didn't bring in Tebow to challenge Sanchez as you insinuate.
    I don't think they brought him in to challenge sanchez, just that they brought him in one week after they were ready to dump him for Manning, How do you think Sanchez felt? Do you think he felt challenged? Did they not speak on how competing brings out the best in players, What are they competing about? being the personal punt protector? You bring in the most popular player in the nfl to the leagues biggest media market and don't expect any negative fallout.

    most of the the posters on this site thought it was a signing to lite a fire under Sanchez, the others thought it was to replace him.

    I don't even watch ESPN as a regular viewer, skimming thru the channels if they talk about the afc east or the celtics I listen.
    Last edited by patman; 08-10-2012 at 12:33 AM.

  13. #53
    This writer, if it's the same guy, just co-wrote Victor Cruz's autobiography so it's obvious he's a biased, Jet-hating, Giants fan. **** this guy: http://www.amazon.com/Out-Blue-Victo.../dp/0451416155

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, fire all the media that would dare to say something negative about the Jets.
    If tey fired ALL the negitive media, there would be no media left...

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,955
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Did you also have the "pulse of the team" when Rex lost it last year, you should have told him where it was.

    I distrust the media and many time voiced that distrust. But please remember that these guys actually talk to the players and not just see them on tv like you and I. They are in the locker room, we are not. For you to believe that you have more accurate knowledge is your imagination running amok.

    The circus is not just the fighting. but more why the fights took place, Cros
    big mouth, The Tebow signing and bringing last years nfl circus to your town.

    Patriot trolls or SOJF or anyone that disagrees with you, don't tell you what to believe and how you should feel about a player, coach, team, whatever. People who have opposing viewpoints express that view tell you their point,
    just because you don't want to hear it, does not mean they are trying to brainwash you.

    Patsfans.com is similar to here. Sooth has a board that is completely free of fans from other teams, for jet fans who do not want to hear our take. Patsfans has a sub forum for fans of other teams to express how they feel.
    Sooth gives you the option, and you chose to participate in the forum that allows posters from other teams. It like saying it hurts when I do this, well quit doing it.

    A lot of teams have guys that speak when they should not and embarrass the franchise. But most of them were not encouraged to act and speak with bravado and swagger. Well this year, Rex wants to tone it down, and the these players are refusing to get off one bus and on the other.

    Manning is a circus? Denver understood what having Tebow and Manning could do, so they traded him for a 4th rd pick. They did not want the circus.
    Tebow is a talent and has skills that can help a team win, but the other things he brings are attached and part of the package, He is polarizing, he loves the media attention, Sanchez is undermined, yes he is. Days after pursuing manning they pursue another qb. No Mark, this is not a reflection on you. It is like when you break up with a girl and you tell her it is your fault and not hers.
    Why don't you go ahead and explain what it's a circus means. Everyone says it, but no one explains it. I watch camp on ESPN and I saw guys practicing hard, and professionally. Never saw any kind of acts, or sideshows. What part of it is circus like? What a joke. People love to latch onto an idea, and if they say it enough then it's true. More wishful thinking is more like it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Done.

    Stopped reading right there.

    Really? I was there! I was watching the other areas of practice, heard the crowd oohing and aahing, turned my head and the fight was over, players were pulling players away and laughing. I was and I am still amazed on how it is being portrayed! Wow.... just... wow. I know the media sucks, but this hyperbolic hit piece is so shamelessly biased that it's staggering.
    I've been ripping this guy on Twitter for the past 20 min.

    He basically wrote an article, jumped on the jets hate media wagon, used superlatives from last season, added a camp fight, a statement how the Jets didn't ugprade at a single position, including back-up QB, said run to set up pass philosophy cannot work, which is completely moronic, and said that the Jets are a laughing stock because Rex made the team run gassers that they are NFL players and that isn't done anymore.

    How the hell are some of these clowns in the media getting jobs? He gets paid for that?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    I don't mind much of what you said here, but some of this is just plain "I watch too much ESPN" crap. Sorry, but the Jets didn't bring in Tebow to challenge Sanchez as you insinuate.
    Bingo.

    The media is pathetically and shamelessly influencing the casual fan and all fans who aren't fans of the Jets into thinking something that doesn't exist.

    Social and national media are corrupt!!!!

  18. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What a joke. People love to latch onto an idea, and if they say it enough then it's true.
    You can say that again. For example:

    "Tebow can't throw" ... "Tebow has no arm" ... "Tebow isn't a QB"... etc.

    My personal favorite: "Brick is a bad run blocker but a great pass blocker."

    I cringe every time I hear such stupidity.

  19. #59
    Love the article. Read similar things about the giants last year when they failed to make any significant signings in the off-season.

    Last year a writer like this guy would have probably had the jets as super bowl contenders, now with a much improved defense and more potent running game he thinks we are doomed for a 4 win your season. LOVE IT!
    Last edited by revischrist; 08-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Why don't you go ahead and explain what it's a circus means. Everyone says it, but no one explains it. I watch camp on ESPN and I saw guys practicing hard, and professionally. Never saw any kind of acts, or sideshows. What part of it is circus like? What a joke. People love to latch onto an idea, and if they say it enough then it's true. More wishful thinking is more like it.

    The more appropriate term for me would be a sideshow. Far be it from me to explain what others meant by a circus, but my take on it is "three ring" where in one ring you have the Tim Tebow ring, running with his shirt off, His popularity,and all the media attention it brings and the competition with Sanchez (and no, just because the team has given the proverbial "vote of confidence" means nothing in the jet fans desire to have the story downplayed in the media).

    The middle ring is the off field issues and on field non football crap that have taken place this offseason. Rex voting himself the #1 def mind in the game after he informed the media that the focus this year is less talk and more work. Holmes refusal to apologize in his role in last year's disappointing season. The helmet throw, continuing to talk to the media on internal issues.
    Revis calling out Belichick. Cro, and all his antics, the #2 wr, the fights, refusing to listen to the coach. Then Rex has to resort to gassers to beat the "fighting" out of the team. When coaches change thier M/O behavior that in itself warrants media attention fueling the perception of being out of control.

    The 3rd ring is the ring that all teams have and the one the jet fans want to see attention drawn to, the actual team performance in TC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us