Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Fox Sports writer should be fired

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I **** you up.
    lol.

made me think of this guy....

Nice job, Paulie.

with the exception of firing Schoddy... best move of the off-season!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Bingo.

The media is pathetically and shamelessly influencing the casual fan and all fans who aren't fans of the Jets into thinking something that doesn't exist.

Social and national media are corrupt!!!!
    Ray, just because you and some other jet fans refuse to acknowledge or downplay events, does not mean they don't exist. Holmes is not a good team mate, Woody is a media whore, Tebow brings more distractions than value add at this junction. Revis wanting to negotiate in the media, Cro, reverting back to the team mate that he was in SD and embarrassing his HC.

And yes, the media blows things out of proportion, that is what sells stories.

You keep on harping on fair and balanced but some stories only have one side and when they have 2 your desire to have sports reporters act like Morrow and Cronkite is funny.

I know you hate patriot references, but while the sports media praise BB because of going to 5 SB in the last ten years and his defensive work with the Giants, Pats and Jets , they hate him as he refuses to even answer their questions, discourages media contact on any issues by players except by Brady and Wilfork, He does this as he understands that the media and even the fans sometimes have agendas different from the team. If the pats ever fall from the top echelon of teams, just wait to you see how they carve him up. It will make the Cleveland days seem like a utopia.

He thinks of the sports media as parasites and maggots and I am of the same opinion.
    Last edited by patman; 08-10-2012 at 08:20 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ray, just because you and some other jet fans refuse to acknowledge or downplay events, does not mean they don't exist. Holmes is not a good team mate, Woody is a media whore, Tebow brings more distractions than value add at this junction. Revis wanting to negotiate in the media, Cro, reverting back to the team mate that he was in SD and embarrassing his HC.

And yes, the media blows things out of proportion, that is what sells stories.

You keep on harping on fair and balanced but some stories only have one side and when they have 2 your desire to have sports reporters act like Morrow and Cronkite is funny.

I know you hate patriot references, but while the sports media praise BB because of going to 5 SB in the last ten years and his defensive work with the Giants, Pats and Jets , they hate him as he refuses to even answer their questions, discourages media contact on any issues by players except by Brady and Wilfork, He does this as he understands that the media and even the fans sometimes have agendas different from the team. If the pats ever fall from the top echelon of teams, just wait to you see how they carve him up. It will make the Cleveland days seem like a utopia.

He thinks of the sports media as parasites and maggots and I am of the same opinion.
    For future reference teammate is one word.

That being said, every team has their share of issues. The media loves to go after the JETS, always has, always will. There are no more issues on this team than any other in the NFL. Maybe they should focus on Detroit? Maybe they can discuss Chad Johnson's intro in Miami (could you imagine if he were a JET?). How about the guy from Carolina and HIS SB prediction? How about the Pats recent fighting in camp, where was ESPN for that???
    Go away.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'm not good at math, so I can't answer that.

All I know is that 95% of the national media refer to the Jets as a complete "circus", and rightfully so.
    Your statement captures this issue perfectly. THE MEDIA REFERS TO THE JETS AS A CIRCUS. They are not a circus. This is perpetuated by the media.

Its like calling a person racist because they inadvertently did something that favors their own race over others.

The Jets took a risk with a high profile player(Tebow) and the media wants to prove that the Jets are trying to create a circus. While this may be the cause and effect of signing Tebow, I don't think that was the true intention. He provides some value on special teams.

Think about it. 4th and 2, call in Tebow Punt unit. You keep him as a personal protector, and on any punt he can run, pass, or punt. How do you defend that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm... if non-Jet's fans are buying this garbage it should sweeten the odds for us betting men... keep it up schrager.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets do get hammered in the media more than the low key underperforming franchises. The problem is that the front office and Rex are unintentionally complicit in the bashing by seeking out the publicity spotlight (Rex has gotten better in this regard). The Tebow acquistion combined with other high profile statements/actions have maginfied the scrutiny to the point where every minute incident is analyzed and picked apart. It also doesn't help that NY is a big market team...no one outside of the immediate Northwest gives a crap or is entertained reading about Seattle's issues.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    For future reference teammate is one word.

That being said, every team has their share of issues. The media loves to go after the JETS, always has, always will. There are no more issues on this team than any other in the NFL. Maybe they should focus on Detroit? Maybe they can discuss Chad Johnson's intro in Miami (could you imagine if he were a JET?). How about the guy from Carolina and HIS SB prediction? How about the Pats recent fighting in camp, where was ESPN for that???
    Go away.

No, I won't go away. Johnson 1st week in Miami was spent telling the media that the pats kept his game in chains, and his wife would not have sex with him during the season last year. Nothing about how he looks on the field.

Why did Rex let Woody get away with having ESPN in camp with the jets and allowing them unlimited access to the players (outside of the locker room)
    The fighting that happened at patriot camp (2 events one a 1 on 1 and the other a melee) you are aware of, they covered it. The first fight one on one was handled as boys will be boys, the 2nd was "punished" by laps.
    Brady then asked that the coaches leave the field and held a players only meeting for 15 min where he ripped the team a new xxxhole. Since then no issues, and if there was issues in the locker room (and I am sure that they are) He is successful in keeping them in the locker room and away from prying eyes.

I did not know the HC from Carolina predicted a super bowl, i got to dig that up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    great job of remembering this turd from fox sports...

here's the thread he caused to be started in 2009 with his sparkling prediction that the Jets would go 0-5 to start the season

a true Nostradumbass

the really funny part is to read the thread and see some of the same "realists" we see today predicting a 5-11 season for the Jets that year --- the one in which they played the Colts for the AFC Championship

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=peter+shrager
    Last edited by sg3; 08-10-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    See my responses in bold.

Did you also have the "pulse of the team" when Rex lost it last year, you should have told him where it was.

Obviously nobody could have predicted the level of disension among the team last year, however, I did not feel good about the team going into last year becasue of our WR group, no training camp and what I saw in the preseason.

I distrust the media and many time voiced that distrust. But please remember that these guys actually talk to the players and not just see them on tv like you and I. They are in the locker room, we are not. For you to believe that you have more accurate knowledge is your imagination running amok.

So you're telling me the 1000+ media that has come out of the woodwork to rip the jets have all been in the lockerroom, witnessed practices, spoke to players and have formulated unbiased, independent conclusions based on what they're seeing now vs what happened last year? Give me a break. The die hards on this board follow every snap of training camp. You're telling me some jerk halfway across the country is putting in the same level of devotion and attention as we are? get real...

The circus is not just the fighting. but more why the fights took place, Cros
    big mouth, The Tebow signing and bringing last years nfl circus to your town.

Again with last year. That said, you make some valid points with cro and the hype of tebow, just stick to pointing that out and leave out the word "circus".

Patriot trolls or SOJF or anyone that disagrees with you, don't tell you what to believe and how you should feel about a player, coach, team, whatever. People who have opposing viewpoints express that view tell you their point,
    just because you don't want to hear it, does not mean they are trying to brainwash you.

I agree and I have no problem with people stating their opinions. For example, you made some good points above as to things that might derail the Jets season. If every post was as well thought out as yours, we would have no problems. However, when have have certain jerks (who will go unnamed) come here and yell "circus, circus, circus" at the top of their lungs in an attempt to grab attention, that's not stating an opposing viewpoint, that's just being a jerk.

Patsfans.com is similar to here. Sooth has a board that is completely free of fans from other teams, for jet fans who do not want to hear our take. Patsfans has a sub forum for fans of other teams to express how they feel.
    Sooth gives you the option, and you chose to participate in the forum that allows posters from other teams. It like saying it hurts when I do this, well quit doing it.

This is a weak excuse at best. So because I don't pay to get on a site, I have to suffer incendiary remarks from trolls who just want to grab attention? In the end we are responsible for what we post. If a poster can't control themself, maybe THEY should get out. This site is very generous and lenient and some stuff that is said on the FREE site is insta-ban on patsfans.

A lot of teams have guys that speak when they should not and embarrass the franchise. But most of them were not encouraged to act and speak with bravado and swagger. Well this year, Rex wants to tone it down, and the these players are refusing to get off one bus and on the other.

Again, an excellent, well thought out point about something that might derail the season without just yelling the word "circus" at me.

Manning is a circus? Denver understood what having Tebow and Manning could do, so they traded him for a 4th rd pick. They did not want the circus.
    Tebow is a talent and has skills that can help a team win, but the other things he brings are attached and part of the package, He is polarizing, he loves the media attention, Sanchez is undermined, yes he is. Days after pursuing manning they pursue another qb. No Mark, this is not a reflection on you. It is like when you break up with a girl and you tell her it is your fault and not hers.

Good point however I disagree. I don't believe sanchez is undermined. They did want manning and have some egg on the face as a result. However, I don't believe they seriously think that tebow will challenge mark for the starting job. Anything can happen, but I doubt this was the theory.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I **** you up.
    Thank you. So what did it? The constant, blatant jabbing to stir the pot, or the personal dig?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not surprising.

FOX.

4,565 days since a Truth-related work accident.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    See my responses in bold.
    And I can agree with some of your takes also, But the media's job is to sell ads.
    They "normally" don't make things up, but they will embellish one aspect of it if it makes the article more widely read.

Last years circus refereed to all the media attention that Tebow got in Denver, to hear Woody express surprise at the same in the biggest media market in the world struck me as be beyond dishonest.

Fans from NY (and i am not a NY hater) rightfully believe that a lot of players want to come to the largest media market and find it a selling point for thier team. The same fans then complain that the increase media presence hurts the team and how come the team from east bumf--k, iowa does not get any bad press, it is because they don't get any press.

I don't care if Brady is having another Baby, or BB is having and affair or If Kraft is dating a "B" level actress half his age. I am happy the players visit kids in hospitals but i don't read those articles either. I care about Sunday at 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the comments after the article are biting and criticizing, and, there are a lot of them.

Which keeps his article atop the list of "most active."

Which he loves.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I can agree with some of your takes also, But the media's job is to sell ads.
    What is the job of the Patriots then?

To sell Gillete razors and macaroni and cheese, right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They "normally" don't make things up, but they will embellish one aspect of it if it makes the article more widely read.

Last years circus refereed to all the media attention that Tebow got in Denver, to hear Woody express surprise at the same in the biggest media market in the world struck me as be beyond dishonest.

Fans from NY (and i am not a NY hater) rightfully believe that a lot of players want to come to the largest media market and find it a selling point for thier team. The same fans then complain that the increase media presence hurts the team and how come the team from east bumf--k, iowa does not get any bad press, it is because they don't get any press.

I don't care if Brady is having another Baby, or BB is having and affair or If Kraft is dating a "B" level actress half his age. I am happy the players visit kids in hospitals but i don't read those articles either. I care about Sunday at 1.
    Well said.

On a side note, i'm never going to an actual circus as long as I live.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    lol.

Nice job, Paulie.

with the exception of firing Schoddy... best move of the off-season!
    Why did Paulie change hsi name? I miss the Sinatra avatar...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    What is the job of the Patriots then?

To sell Gillete razors and macaroni and cheese, right?
    To win games on the field, you can have the best pr but if your teams sucks and you don't play in a market with 20mill fans within 50 miles your not going to sell out.

You win 10 games a year consistently your going to sell out anywhere.

BTW, Bob Kraft is no way tied to Kraft foods. Gillette's job is to sell razors not the pats. If Gillette thinks it helps their brand to be affiliated with a nfl team it is an internal policy to them.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh my god

what a moron

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    YAY!