Thread: The country looks at this team so hard, they still only see what they expect to see

The country looks at this team so hard, they still only see what they expect to see

It's funny how much coverage the Jets have been getting. Pundits have already written off the Jets this year. And I love it. You'd think the media would see what the Jets really are, but they don't. They just want the juicy story.

1. The Tebow coverage is absolutely nauseating. A lot of people think the Jets traded for him just because they knew that would happen, and they wanted the attention. To me, while I'm sure they don't mind the attention, I think they traded for Tebow despite the circus because they believe he can help the team win, one way or another. They can't let the media dictate the way they run their team. Whether it's acquiring players, or letting them go.

2. Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez are entering they're 4th season as the HC and QB. I agree that now is the time for them to show what they're going to be, but to say that due to the way they performed last season they can't have a good year is just stupid. They're honing their craft in their leadership roles. I think they're both going to be great this year personally.

3. Schottenheimer isn't a bad coach. That's a misconception. He was just an awful fit with Rex Ryan. Rex wants his offense to run the ball, control the clock, keep the defense rested, keep the other QB on the sideline, and kill opposing defenses with the play action. That's not what Schotty does. It is what Sparano does. He's going to be a great fit with Rex.

Now that's not to say the Jets don't have flaws. I'm still not convinced the safety situation is settled. The Jets got gashed by TE's last year, and I'm not sure how much better they'll be. And another pass rusher would be great. But to say this team can't win 10 games, in my opinion, is just incorrect.

I can't really agree with point 2. Sure, it's true that Sanchez needs to prove himself now, but Rex? He's already proven that he's a great HC for us. Yea, last year was bad, but let's not act like Rex didn't get us deep in the playoffs in 09/10 and consistently give us a top 5 D every single year he's been here.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am in DC on biz/personal. went to a bar to watch the women's soccer match and wore my JETS tee. People were telling me they sick of the JETS coverage.

all of this coverage is not winning us any friends outside the NY area.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    We dont get ESPN here. Seriously, we dont, so i cant comment on the over coverage.

However, its just the time of year where fans, sportswriters dissect teams. Tebow im sure adds to that coverage of the Jets.

Also, you are right. Each year, there are surprise teams in almost every division in the league. Anything can happen, and historically, there can be no doubt the Jets play well as the underdog.

I just think the offense will suck.

Sorry, and GO JETS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    We dont get ESPN here. Seriously, we dont, so i cant comment on the over coverage.

However, its just the time of year where fans, sportswriters dissect teams. Tebow im sure adds to that coverage of the Jets.

Also, you are right. Each year, there are surprise teams in almost every division in the league. Anything can happen, and historically, there can be no doubt the Jets play well as the underdog.

I just think the offense will suck.

Sorry, and GO JETS!!!
    http://deadspin.com/bristolmetrics/

According to that link, 11PM SC has mentioned Tebow 65 times this week. Michael Phelps was next at 38. That was during the Olympics.

Veteran
    I hate the concept of ground and pound and that Rex is really trying to implement it as our team's offesive identity.