Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard to listen to early reports about Ingram and C Jones

Veteran

Hard to listen to early reports about Ingram and C Jones

I know it's early to be judging Coples, but if these two shine and Coples doesn't, Tanny is going to have some serious explaining to do.

Don't let him down QC!

What are the reports?

Jets Insider VIP
    Bro, let's at least let Coples play one game before we start with this. There will be plenty of time to complain and worry, lets just hope Coples has a nice night tomorrow.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What are the reports?
    Just read the recaps from tonight's preseason games. Ingram had sack and FF; Jones supposedly looked good coming off the edge, drew a couple holding calls vs NO's starting LT and has reportedly been having an all-around solid camp.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Bro, let's at least let Coples play one game before we start with this. There will be plenty of time to complain and worry, lets just hope Coples has a nice night tomorrow.
    Agree 100%, but the comparisons will always be there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Agree 100%, but the comparisons will always be there.
    great

All League
    Who was the dude Ingram was going up against? That guy looked like CFL material

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    my initial reaction when we passed on ingram was utter disgust. i've grown to like coples and am very hopeful for him. however, if he busts compared to the other 2 guys, i'm never doubting my gut reaction again.

dont remember the name, but they did mention he was a FA that has 1 career start.

All League
    •Undrafted free agent left tackle Mike Harris started for the injured Jared Gaither. Harris had a nice night, which is commendable for an undrafted rookie who started his first preseason game at a premium position. Harris should easily make the team.

Gholston had a sack in preseason.

Let's wait before the final verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I know it's early to be judging Coples, but if these two shine and Coples doesn't, Tanny is going to have some serious explaining to do.

Don't let him down QC!
    Another Coples thread?? Dude, can you just wait until mid-season and see how much progress this rookie makes?

Coples as Rex said will not only be a pass rusher but allow pressure to come from different places due to the fact that you have to account for him on the inside. His versatility allows us to be multiple. Its about the scheme not the player. If he gets a double/triple teamed allowing maybin/pace to get pressure to bring down the QB thats all i care about. Stats arent everything.....but sadly in the Madden/fantasy football world we live in thats all people will focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

And we know that if Coples has three sacks it will be about how he did it against the lowly Bungles and or against 3rd stringers... blah blah blah

if he doesnt beast...it will be how everyone elses picks are always better than ours...i dont mind that crap in Week 14 when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. But before we even play a regular season game, the whole negative thing is just plain dumb.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    my initial reaction when we passed on ingram was utter disgust. i've grown to like coples and am very hopeful for him. however, if he busts compared to the other 2 guys, i'm never doubting my gut reaction again.
    You were right to temper your judgement even if Coples does turn out to be the wrong move. Don't get like these other haters. Your gut reaction will be wrong eventually. How do you think Buffalo fans feel about Maybin. They must have a GM up there like Magnus, or GiantdanNJ. You probably have already been wrong at least once or twice in your life. Even if you just tell yourself that you're probably right, but you'll keep an open mind that will be okay. Don't become MeanJet.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    And we know that if Coples has three sacks it will be about how he did it against the lowly Bungles and or against 3rd stringers... blah blah blah

if he doesnt beast...it will be how everyone elses picks are always better than ours...i dont mind that crap in Week 14 when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. But before we even play a regular season game, the whole negative thing is just plain dumb.
    It's more than dumb, it's ignorant, and delusional. Like these guys can tell if a player is a bust from some tweets. Oh they know, and don't dare question them. If only the Jets would make there roster moves based on twitter reports, we'd win the SB every year.

All League
    Ingram looked good and that was obvious. So far, he seems like a player. Didn't see anything on Jones.

Yet, that has nothing to do with Coples. I'm sure QC can use that as motivation once the D!cks in the media start chirping provocative tweets to meet their garbage output for ESPN's "written piece" quotas.

Rex knows D, and if he is WILLING TO CHANGE HIS 3-4 defense to more of a
    4-3 front, partially due to this kid's ability, we'll be JUST fine.

I watched the brutal game between the pats and the saints, the only thing I took out of it was that our 3rd string linebacker had to be helped off the field.

These are two teams with "great" olines and both looked like crap. There were so many players on the grass every play you could not run a hurry up if you had a cattle prod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Another Coples thread?? Dude, can you just wait until mid-season and see how much progress this rookie makes?
    +1 This is just an attention seeking thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You were right to temper your judgement even if Coples does turn out to be the wrong move. Don't get like these other haters. Your gut reaction will be wrong eventually. How do you think Buffalo fans feel about Maybin. They must have a GM up there like Magnus, or GiantdanNJ. You probably have already been wrong at least once or twice in your life. Even if you just tell yourself that you're probably right, but you'll keep an open mind that will be okay. Don't become MeanJet.
    chill