Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 104

Thread: I want my wife to eat mushrooms

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    my wife also hates mushrooms and tomatos. oh yeah, she also hates olives. crazy.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Jet Potato, are you sensitive about you a vegetable classifications ?

    Now that FF2 has been sent out into the desert with our collective sins let's be inclusive of all growing things ... com'on mushrooms and tomatoes , you're cool with me ... even if you are not vegetables, sh*t I even like Pat fans
    Believe me, I am accepting of all food groups. But I've worked too hard for too long to maintain my vegetable identity for folks to be just arbitrarily assigning just anyone to our proud class.

    I would assume as proud fruits and fungi, those folks also don't appreciate mischaracterization.

    Especially don't do this with bars (ie misnaming them biergartens)

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,155
    Post Thanks / Like
    are we really talking about mushrooms, or is that a euphemism for something else? Its hard to tell with you youngsters and your Internetz lingo.


  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work with a guy who's a vegetarian but hates veggies.....



    cheese and potatoes is it.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Is your wife a yoga devotee ?

    Serious yoga people eschew chewing any members of the fungi family The feel the same way about mushrooms that our dearly departed FF2's more orthodox relatives feel about bacon.

    I agree with you btw, mushrooms cooked in butter ...or portobellos slathered in virgin olive oil and sea salt and grilled it's almost as tempting as bacon.
    I do a wild mushroom and spinach over tagliatelle that is easily in the top 10 things that I make.

    A great winter-time dish.

    _

  6. #26
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Well the title of this thread was fun.
    I was thinking of shrooooms. Man.
    However, there is a ****ake farm in Waltreak Ar and a ****ake+ farm in Shirley. Little ass towns with something neat. I stop when in the area and make Hot and Sour Soup. There is a weird shelf mushroom that they have that is amazing with a roast.
    sh!taki gets censored. That's funny sh!t.....taki

  7. #27
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Is your wife a yoga devotee ?

    Serious yoga people eschew chewing any members of the fungi family The feel the same way about mushrooms that our dearly departed FF2's more orthodox relatives feel about bacon.
    I agree with you btw, mushrooms cooked in butter ...or portobellos slathered in virgin olive oil and sea salt and grilled it's almost as tempting as bacon.
    WTF are you talking about? The Scots LOVE bacon.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    sh!taki gets censored. That's funny sh!t.....taki
    Not if it's spelled right


    Two "ii"s.


    _

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Not if it's spelled right


    Two "ii"s.


    _
    I bet you ate a lot of mushrooms in your day.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I bet you ate a lot of mushrooms in your day.
    Senior year at Syracuse, we have a party at my then GFs house just off campus--150 people easy, me and my friends all get wasted and we all end up the sack at like 4 am (different rooms/beds/chicks--no homo).

    Wake up late the next morning totally hung over, chicks are making us breakfast and we're just hanging out having some hair-of-the-dog beers and one of my friends--not the brightest guy, sees that someone has dropped some shrooms under a chair in a corner.

    He's really excited, picks them up and soaks some of them in water and eats them, nothing happens, he takes some of the dried ones and puts them in a bowl and smokes them, nothing happens--he tries everything.

    Nothing ever happens. No high, no tripping, nothing.

    So I go over to the chair where he found the shrooms, pick it up and turn it over and I see...some bracket fungus still clinging to the underside of the age-old chair. I think he hurled for about an hour.

    True story.

    And no, I've never done shrooms.

    _

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Senior year at Syracuse, we have a party at my then GFs house just off campus--150 people easy, me and my friends all get wasted and we all end up the sack at like 4 am (different rooms/beds/chicks--no homo).

    Wake up late the next morning totally hung over, chicks are making us breakfast and we're just hanging out having some hair-of-the-dog beers and one of my friends--not the brightest guy, sees that someone has dropped some shrooms under a chair in a corner.

    He's really excited, picks them up and soaks some of them in water and eats them, nothing happens, he takes some of the dried ones and puts them in a bowl and smokes them, nothing happens--he tries everything.

    Nothing ever happens. No high, no tripping, nothing.

    So I go over to the chair where he found the shrooms, pick it up and turn it over and I see...some bracket fungus still clinging to the underside of the age-old chair. I think he hurled for about an hour.

    True story.

    And no, I've never done shrooms.

    _
    I used to hang out with some deadheads in high school. Instead of eating or smokeing shrooms, they would often make shroom tea and drink that. One day after their brewing, I looked at the shrooms in the leftover cup. There were sugar crystal type things all over the shrooms that refracted the light to make them look like rainbow crystals. I ate the crystals, and tripped my balls off for a good hour or two, while the tea drinkers didn't seem to be tripping at all.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Believe me, I am accepting of all food groups. But I've worked too hard for too long to maintain my vegetable identity for folks to be just arbitrarily assigning just anyone to our proud class.
    WTF you're a potato.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I work with a guy who's a vegetarian but hates veggies.....



    cheese and potatoes is it.
    This. I have a friend who calls them French Fry Vegetarians.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 03-16-2014 at 02:32 PM.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    WTF you're a potato.
    Did you read post #20 or are you pulling a Supe?



    _

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    D'OH!! I've got you answer.

    Dude, if she'll eat portobella mushrooms--then just buy her cremini mushrooms--sometime you can find them packaged as...wait for it...Baby Bella's or Baby Portobella's. Just don't buy the ones that say "Cremini".

    They are just a younger version of mature portobella's.

    It's basically my mushroom of choice for cooking along with shiitake, but I'll always throw in some porcini for a stronger earthier taste. From Borgo's hometown in Italia.

    You're welcome.

    _
    Will try. Thankee.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    are we really talking about mushrooms, or is that a euphemism for something else? Its hard to tell with you youngsters and your Internetz lingo.


    Almost sure that in this thread at least, mushrooms = buttocks sex with Aborigines.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    And no, I've never done shrooms.

    _
    It was a veiled attempt at a short joke...

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    It was a veiled attempt at a short joke...
    It was a little funny

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    It was a veiled attempt at a short joke...
    Bottom 10.

    _

  20. #40
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    It was a veiled attempt at a short joke...
    When you veil stuff with moronity, its becomes moronic.

    Thank me later.


    -

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us