Thread: I want my wife to eat mushrooms

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Ahh man .. I love that gif ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I make 3 different types of grill pork chops that are better than anything you've ever burnt.

What kind of brine do you use?

Having a BBQ tomorrow and my first appetizer is going to be grilled pork tenderloins (just put them in the brine 20 minutes ago)--one will be finished with a glaze of apricot jam and dijon mustard, the other molasses and dijon.

_
    Jesus fvck, do you ever work? All I ever see you doing around here is golfing, drinking, and cooking.

WTF am I doing wrong?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Jesus fvck, do you ever work? All I ever see you doing around here is golfing, drinking, and cooking.

WTF am I doing wrong?
    I usually work from my home office on Fridays--the drive back from CT is a killer Friday afternoons so it's just not worth it.

It's my GFs birfday next week, I told her I'd host a party/BBQ tomorrow for some of her family/friends, kind of a warm-up for the Hampur Union at my house--since we can't go to that bar that serves a lot of different but really mediocre draught beers.

Summer is usually slow and that's when all the golf invites happen, but I also have been working a lot from home.

And the drinking and cooking? Hey, that's just life--you gotta give it your all--all the time.

Here is a part of a passage that I wrote for my wife's Eulogy--really words to live by:

"But I hope someday when you fully understand that Mom won’t be coming back, you realize that any moment could be the last. Nothing in life should simply be a passage from one place to another. Each walk should be taken as if it is the only thing you have left. Life is not a dress rehearsal. You may plan for the future, as Mom and I did, but it can be ripped away from you at any moment. So plan, but also live for today."

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And no, I've never done shrooms.

_
    you are every mother's and mother in law's dream child. like a powerball win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually work from my home office on Fridays--the drive back from CT is a killer Friday afternoons so it's just not worth it.

It's my GFs birfday next week, I told her I'd host a party/BBQ tomorrow for some of her family/friends, kind of a warm-up for the Hampur Union at my house--since we can't go to that bar that serves a lot of different but really mediocre draught beers.

Summer is usually slow and that's when all the golf invites happen, but I also have been working a lot from home.

And the drinking and cooking? Hey, that's just life--you gotta give it your all--all the time.

Here is a part of a passage that I wrote for my wife's Eulogy--really words to live by:

"But I hope someday when you fully understand that Mom won’t be coming back, you realize that any moment could be the last. Nothing in life should simply be a passage from one place to another. Each walk should be taken as if it is the only thing you have left. Life is not a dress rehearsal. You may plan for the future, as Mom and I did, but it can be ripped away from you at any moment. So plan, but also live for today."

_
    I hear what youre saying, enjoy it whenever you can!

Godspeed

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like portobello's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I make 3 different types of grill pork chops that are better than anything you've ever burnt.

What kind of brine do you use?

Having a BBQ tomorrow and my first appetizer is going to be grilled pork tenderloins (just put them in the brine 20 minutes ago)--one will be finished with a glaze of apricot jam and dijon mustard, the other molasses and dijon.

_
    Newsflash. I don't use brine anymore I dont need a disgusting salty marinade in a bag for 24 hours to keep my chops or loins or shoulders juicy and or tender. You stick with the brine . I think of brine I think of a country club ****ing wedding with pork tenderloin as the msin dish. Do yourself a favor and cook that pork tenderloin in a red wine reducing sauce with onions and mushrooms and a cranberry glaze. Sear all the ends take it out of the pan I dont have time for this amateur hour ****.

Jk

But I do make a fantastic pork tenderloin with red wine and and cranberry glaze

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Newsflash. I don't use brine anymore I dont need a disgusting salty marinade in a bag for 24 hours to keep my chops or loins or shoulders juicy and or tender. You stick with the brine . I think of brine I think of a country club ****ing wedding with pork tenderloin as the msin dish. Do yourself a favor and cook that pork tenderloin in a red wine reducing sauce with onions and mushrooms and a cranberry glaze. Sear all the ends take it out of the pan I dont have time for this amateur hour ****.
    Jk

But I do make a fantastic pork tenderloin with red wine and and cranberry glaze
    JK in that you realize that brines don't infuse salt into the meat, right?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    JK in that you realize that brines don't infuse salt into the meat, right?

_
    So I guess you don't wipe the brine off your chops before you cook them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wipe?

No, you thoroughly rinse the brine off.

There's a lot of stuff in my brine, you don't want any of that on the meat when you start to grill it.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Osmosis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wipe?

No, you thoroughly rinse the brine off.

There's a lot of stuff in my brine, you don't want any of that on the meat when you start to grill it.

_
    A damp papertowel will do the trick. You're using that restaurant pork brine recipe with the Rosemary pepercorns kosher salt and other **** aren't you? Someone avoiding salt at all cost will avoid that marinade like me. I could use lemon or lime but frankly I dont need it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    The gravy and meatball discussion of 2008:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=176073

Almost all posts with recipes and tips...and "my mom makes the best meatballs"...you must have found that to be quite helpful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Almost all posts with recipes and tips...and "my mom makes the best meatballs"...you must have found that to be quite helpful.
    I bookmarked the **** out of that mother****er

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you really, really liked the short but compelling story of a boy and his mom's meatballs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Lmao such excitement.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A damp papertowel will do the trick. You're using that restaurant pork brine recipe with the Rosemary pepercorns kosher salt and other **** aren't you? Someone avoiding salt at all cost will avoid that marinade like me. I could use lemon or lime but frankly I dont need it.
    No it will not. You need to thoroughly rinse it.

Kosher salt, brown sugar, fresh thyme and fresh sage (both from my herb garden), bay leaves, peppercorns, apple juice.

Grilled to perfection yet always moist and succulent.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Kosher salt, brown sugar, fresh thyme and fresh sage (both from my herb garden), bay leaves, peppercorns, apple juice.

Grilled to perfection yet always moist and succulent.

_
    What temp and how long?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

yet always moist and succulent.

_
    Sounds like one of my btches!

I don't want a grilling war with you. However I'll destroy you in Sunday Italian dinner. Deal with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

However I'll destroy you in Sunday Italian dinner. Deal with it.
    Get used to disappointment.

_