Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want my wife to eat mushrooms

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I want my wife to eat mushrooms

But she won't. Which is insane. Mushrooms are one of life's great joys. I don't believe in god, but if I did, I would accept mushrooms as a sign the HE exists. Even worse, she's a vegetarian. She's a vegetarian but she won't eat mushrooms. She won't eat tomatoes either. ****ing bananas.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    But she won't. Which is insane. Mushrooms are one of life's great joys. I don't believe in god, but if I did, I would accept mushrooms as a sign the HE exists. Even worse, she's a vegetarian. She's a vegetarian but she won't eat mushrooms. She won't eat tomatoes either. ****ing bananas.
    I don't mean to be indelicate, but it seems like you are saying that she (i) won't eat mushrooms and (ii) won't eat tomatoes but she'll **** bananas?

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this just another thread about some balding dude whose wife won't give him head?

Ideas, people. Put some friggin effort into it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can I have them?

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like Magic Mushrooms which are also great or like portobello in risotto which may be some of the most amazing dish ever with some lobster meat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Is this just another thread about some balding dude whose wife won't give him head?

Ideas, people. Put some friggin effort into it.
    A fair question my drunk, new job with too many reports, ex-black jeans wearing moderator friend who enjoys Irish pubs. But the answer is No.

In point of fact, Mrs. B is what, to judge by from this board, a rarity or rarities...a married broad who enjoys oral sex.

But she's a vegetarian and won't eat a ****ing mushroom. That **** is whack.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 03-16-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like mushrooms or tomatoes, either. Sucks having to always request them taken off a sandwich or dish.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Like Magic Mushrooms which are also great or like portobello in risotto which may be some of the most amazing dish ever with some lobster meat.
    So here's an interesting thing...about five or so years ago a friend visiting our house went on about portabello mushrooms...how like when they're done right they're almost like a fine steak. Since that time my wife, who before that had never ever eaten a mushroom in her life, has been all over portobello mushrooms. Loves em.

But she won't eat ANY OTHER KIND OF MUSHROOM. It's a total brain ****. I try to tell her if she likes portobella she'll like other mushrooms as well. Her response" portobella is not a mushroom. It's portobella. Everything elseis a mushroom. And weird, disgusting, and gross.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I don't like mushrooms or tomatoes, either. Sucks having to always request them taken off a sandwich or dish.
    Holy **** there's two of you!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the title of this thread was fun.
    I was thinking of shrooooms. Man.
    However, there is a ****ake farm in Waltreak Ar and a ****ake+ farm in Shirley. Little ass towns with something neat. I stop when in the area and make Hot and Sour Soup. There is a weird shelf mushroom that they have that is amazing with a roast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best thread title ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A fair question my drunk, new job with too many reports, ex-black jeans wearing moderator friend who enjoys Irish pubs. But the answer is No.

In point of fact, Mrs. B is what, to judge by from this board, a rarity or rarities...a married jewish broad who enjoys salami gobbling. I think the attraction stems from a perfect storm of enticements...the forbidden fruit of my decidedly unkoser catholic salami; the forbidden fruit of my decidedly unvegetarian man meat; and simply a lack of sufficient protein in her diet.

But she's a vegetarian and won't eat a ****ing mushroom. That **** is whack.
    your married to a jewish woman that hasn't driven you to suicide and likes oral.

let the mushrooms go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are we talking magic shrooms? You had mentioned shrooms and God.

Or are we talking the mushroom tip?

She tole me to come over, so I made the trip
    Then she pulled out my mushroom tip
    And when she did it went drip drip drip
    I didnt know she had the GI Joe Kung foo grip

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    your married to a jewish woman that hasn't driven you to suicide and likes oral.

let the mushrooms go.
    Seriously. Count your blessings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Well the title of this thread was fun.
    I was thinking of shrooooms. Man.
    However, there is a ****ake farm in Waltreak Ar and a ****ake+ farm in Shirley. Little ass towns with something neat. I stop when in the area and make Hot and Sour Soup. There is a weird shelf mushroom that they have that is amazing with a roast.
    +1 Major letdown on this thread.

Not sure I even understand. This guy gets that mushrooms and tomatoes are not vegetables, right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is your wife a yoga devotee ?

Serious yoga people eschew chewing any members of the fungi family The feel the same way about mushrooms that our dearly departed FF2's more orthodox relatives feel about bacon.

I agree with you btw, mushrooms cooked in butter ...or portobellos slathered in virgin olive oil and sea salt and grilled it's almost as tempting as bacon.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like mushrooms or tomatoes, either.
    Er....do you enjoy giving bald chowds in waders... head?

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    +1 Major letdown on this thread.

Not sure I even understand. This guy gets that mushrooms and tomatoes are not vegetables, right?
    Jet Potato, are you sensitive about you a vegetable classifications ?

Now that FF2 has been sent out into the desert with our collective sins let's be inclusive of all growing things ... com'on mushrooms and tomatoes , you're cool with me ... even if you are not vegetables, sh*t I even like Pat fans

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't done shrooms in years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real people, real problems. And somehow you keep fighting this brave battle every day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So here's an interesting thing...about five or so years ago a friend visiting our house went on about portabello mushrooms...how like when they're done right they're almost like a fine steak. Since that time my wife, who before that had never ever eaten a mushroom in her life, has been all over portobello mushrooms. Loves em.

But she won't eat ANY OTHER KIND OF MUSHROOM. It's a total brain ****. I try to tell her if she likes portobella she'll like other mushrooms as well. Her response" portobella is not a mushroom. It's portobella. Everything elseis a mushroom. And weird, disgusting, and gross.
    D'OH!! I've got you answer.

Dude, if she'll eat portobella mushrooms--then just buy her cremini mushrooms--sometime you can find them packaged as...wait for it...Baby Bella's or Baby Portobella's. Just don't buy the ones that say "Cremini".

They are just a younger version of mature portobella's.

It's basically my mushroom of choice for cooking along with shiitake, but I'll always throw in some porcini for a stronger earthier taste. From Borgo's hometown in Italia.

You're welcome.

_