View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on our WRs?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • hot garbage

1 2.50%
  • excellent

6 15.00%
  • fair

11 27.50%
  • need to get Burress or another free agent here

3 7.50%
  • help needed immediately

5 12.50%
  • a disaster w/holmes as our top wideout

5 12.50%
  • __________ fill in the blank...none of the above

9 22.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Wrs are...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'd say "adequate till proven otherwise".

We have Holmes, who is talented but volatile.

We have Hill, a great developmental/future pick.

We have Kerley, who I'm still VERY high on.

And we have Schillens/Turner, JAG's.

We should also mention that WR is not the only spot that gets passes, we have Keller and Cumberland as well, both somewhat capable targets.

Ball-catching out of the backfield is the real unknown of our passing game right now. I hope McKnight can rise to that challenge.
    Schilens and Turner are anything but JAGs. 6'4" receivers with speed don't grow on trees. They each have issues which they may or may not overcome, but it's not like you can just run into a guy like this every time you turn around. If you don't know who Jordan White is, you will tomorrow. My prediction. Kerley knows who he is.

I voted for...Good enough, providing that Sanchez takes the next step and starts making others better instead of needing a ton of help. Based on the current makeup/lack of moves to bring in a veteran WR thus far, I'd say it's probably what the front office is thinking. Man up, Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I voted for...Good enough, providing that Sanchez takes the next step and starts making others better instead of needing a ton of help. Based on the current makeup/lack of moves to bring in a veteran WR thus far, I'd say it's probably what the front office is thinking. Man up, Mark.
    I dont think this front office is in any way shape or form content with the current make up of these WRs. The lack of moves is due to the fact that there is really nothing available at this time. I think they are waiting to see who shakes loose from other teams. I will be shocked if they start the season with this same group.

holmes, the 50 miliion dollar disaster

Jets Insider VIP
    Phew! I thought you were going to tell us that our WR's are...India people.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    can we have a new pole on WORST JI Thread starters...

a)Shark99
    b)Schroy48
    c)rextilleon
    d)demosthenes9
    e)daballhawk
    f)all of the above
    Has demo ever started a thread?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I went with "Fill in the blank" because they are a total unknown. Full of potential but who knows at this point. We probably won't know for a few weeks.
    this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont think this front office is in any way shape or form content with the current make up of these WRs. The lack of moves is due to the fact that there is really nothing available at this time. I think they are waiting to see who shakes loose from other teams. I will be shocked if they start the season with this same group.
    Be prepared for a shock.

I hope I'm wrong.

But if this group shows that they can't get separation during the first couple of pre-season games, heads may roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Has demo ever started a thread?
    Yeah, 4 of them.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/se...earchid=433171

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ah yes. Thank you.

Three of the four relating to Tebow. Shocker.

Ah yes. Thank you.

Three of the four relating to Tebow. Shocker.
    That's a matter of perspective, and it doesn't surprise me that you took that view.

The three that you identified are also related to Rex's strategy, and how it can work. Ie. Sanchez being the STARTER, with Tebow coming in and running WC/Spread Option on occasion.

Silly me, being supportive of the plans of the head coach of the football team and starting threads with articles on the subject.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's a matter of perspective, and it doesn't surprise me that you took that view.

The three that you identified are also related to Rex's strategy, and how it can work. Ie. Sanchez being the STARTER, with Tebow coming in and running WC/Spread Option on occasion.

Silly me, being supportive of the plans of the head coach of the football team and starting threads with articles on the subject.
    LOL. Okay. Two threads with "Tebow" in the title and the other with Tebow's name in red letters in your very first post.

Silly me for making the mistake of incorrectly concluding that they related to Tebow.
    Last edited by Jordy; 08-10-2012 at 01:47 PM.

LOL. Okay. Two threads with "Tebow" in the title and the other with Tebow's name in red letters in your very first post.

Silly me for making that mistake.

No, silly you for implying that the threads were so Tebow centric. I mean, it would be completely different if the threads were spouting praise about the greatness of Tim Tebow. Or that Tebow was going to be the savior of the Jets, or some other kinds of Tebowite homerism.

Jets Insider VIP
    No, silly you for implying that the threads were so Tebow centric. I mean, it would be completely different if the threads were spouting praise about the greatness of Tim Tebow. Or that Tebow was going to be the savior of the Jets, or some other kinds of Tebowite homerism.
    I simply said that three of the four threads "related to Tebow."

The rest is your insecuirty.

I simply said that three of the four threads "related to Tebow."

The rest is your insecuirty.

Hmmmm, I guess I need to get my vision checked because looking at the post, I see it says "Three of the four relating to Tebow. Shocker. "

SHOCKER.....

Yeah, it's my insecurity.

Hall Of Fame
    lol... the mods have their hands full this off season.

Normally I am fully in the camp of "they deserved what they got when they accepted the job" but in this particular off season perhaps not so much.

Oh and our WRs. Not so great, not so terrible but with potential to exceed expectations on the upside with Hill.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hmmmm, I guess I need to get my vision checked because looking at the post, I see it says "Three of the four relating to Tebow. Shocker. "

SHOCKER.....

Yeah, it's my insecurity.
    LOL. The word "shocker" makes it different?

The word "shocker" changes the phrase "related to Tebow?"

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    lol... the mods have their hands full this off season.

Normally I am fully in the camp of "they deserved what they got when they accepted the job" but in this particular off season perhaps not so much.

Oh and our WRs. Not so great, not so terrible but with potential to exceed expectations on the upside with Hill.
    Am definitely looking forward to seeing Hill make some serious contributions, as well as Jordan White.

All League
    Our WRs are a work in progress. We truly don't know what we have yet.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Our WRs are a work in progress. We truly don't know what we have yet.
    Well said. Lets hope we pick up another veteran...these kids have little to no experience..