Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our QB's tonight.....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Thumbs up Our QB's tonight.....

Just thought I'd throw this out there....

I have said this a few times this off-season although not as of late.

The Jets have a very promising stable of young QB's with Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy & Simms, probably the most intriguing young stable of QB's the Jets have had in as long as I can remember.

Aside from the defense playing (which I always look forward to), I am really looking forward to watching these QB's play, especially with all the reports of Sanchez's improvement & Simms looking sharp.

They still have plenty of targets to throw the ball to - Hill, Turner, Schillens, White, Jackson, Keller, Cumberland, H.Smith, J.Baker and all the RB's. I am sure there are a few recently signed WR's I am missing as well but the point being it should be fun to watch these QB's throw the rock around.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-10-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    After our starter completes his two or three series, Id bring in our wildcat fullback for three handoffs...then give the rest of the game to our two potential backups who are actually capable of passing a football...Mcelroy and Simms

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

The Jets have a very promising stable of young QB's with Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy & Simms, probably the most intriguing young stable of QB's the Jets have had in as long as I can remember.

Aside from the defense playing (which I always look forward to), I am really looking forward to watching these QB's play, especially with all the reports of Sanchez's improvement.

They still have plenty of targets to throw the ball to - Hill, Turner, White, Jackson, Cumberland, H.Smith, J.Baker and all the RB's. I am sure there are a few recently signed WR's I am missing as well but the point being it should be fun to watch these QB's throw the rock around.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Stable? If Sanchez doesn't pan out were phucked.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    After our starter completes his two or three series, Id bring in our wildcat fullback for three handoffs...then give the rest of the game to our two potential backups who are actually capable of passing a football...Mcelroy and Simms

I'm not a Tebow guy but it strikes me as silly to say that Simms is more "capable" than him. The guy did nothing in college. Couldn't hold a starting job, despite his pedigree. So he is "capable" based on what, a couple of practices? Because he throws a better spiral?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez will get 2 series. Tebow will finish up the half. Mac gets the 3rd and simms the 4th.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Stable? If Sanchez doesn't pan out were phucked.
    Yes stable.

Tebow & McElroy are both young QB's who have plenty of room to grow, McElroy played well last pre-season until he got hurt and Tebow has a nack for winning games by any means necessary and Simms has flashed in camp and he has the pedigree. We already know what Sanchez is capable of.

I am very excited about this young group of QB's, much more so then the days of Brunnell & Clemens....at least if our back-up QB was called into action, I think we would actually have a chance, I never felt like that when old man Brunnell was our number 2 QB.....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-10-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Aside from the defense playing (which I always look forward to), I am really looking forward to watching these QB's play, especially with all the reports of Sanchez's improvement & Simms looking sharp.

They still have plenty of targets to throw the ball to - Hill, Turner, Schillens, White, Jackson, Keller, Cumberland, H.Smith, J.Baker and all the RB's. I am sure there are a few recently signed WR's I am missing as well but the point being it should be fun to watch these QB's throw the rock around.
    Plenty of targets---That might be the funniest thing ever.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yes stable.

Tebow & McElroy are both young QB's who have plenty of room to grow, McElroy played well last pre-season until he got hurt and Tebow has a nack for winning games by any means necessary and Simms has flashed in camp and he has the pedigree. We already know what Sanchez is capable of.

I am very excited about this young group of QB's, much more so then the days of Brunnell & Clemens....at least if our back-up QB was called into action, I think we would actually have a chance, I never felt like that when old man Brunnell was our number 2 QB.....
    Grow? you pretty much are who you are by now. Yes, obviously an improvement over B&C, which isn't hard to do. Pedigree, is AM, PM, EM. or the Mathews line, not PS, fizzled out CS, pick # ? MS. Career backups at best if they are lucky, most likely. We need to feel like we have a chance with our #1 because that's how it is done. If someone has to fill in for a play or even a couple of games they are all more than capable, otherwise they ride the pine.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Aside from the Green/White scrimmage, I haven't heard anything about Simms. I don't think anyone else has either. So if his 10 plays against 3rd teamers is the indication of him being a stable young QB, I'd hate to see what your definition of an elite or crappy QB is.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm just holding my breath that Sanchez survives the season and doesn't get hammered.

I am excited to see all 4 men play, especially Tebow and McElroy.

I have full confidence in Sanchez as our uncontested #1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm just holding my breath that Sanchez survives the season and doesn't get hammered.
    What do you think about Sanchez? Tough?

i hope to see anything better then last season!

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Plenty of targets---That might be the funniest thing ever.
    I know this is the general sentiment, but people need to separate WRs from "targets".

We still have Keller, Cumberland, and Baker at TE -- maybe we see some formations that put more than one out at a time.

We're supposedly working on more throws out of the backfield (McKnight, Powell, Tebow?)

Would I like more game-changing WRs? Sure -- but Patrick Turner can still run down a sideline, shifting some defense toward him. Jordan White can still look for holes over the middle. Defenses still have to respect Hill's physical attributes, even if his skill hasn't caught up with them yet.

All of this under the umbrella of already being a "ground-and-pound" team.

Used correctly, we can still be a competent offense with what we currently have at our disposal.

Unfortunately, the first two words of that sentence scare the daylights out of me . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    What do you think about Sanchez? Tough?
    Absolutely. Very tough.

If Pennington had taken those hits last season, he might still be out rehabbing who knows what injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Absolutely. Very tough.

If Pennington had taken those hits last season, he might still be out rehabbing who knows what injury.
    I think he is tough, but frail.? other than that hit in Baltimore, he really hasn't taken a real fkin wallop? Hope he never does, but it is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

+1 This guy gets it. All u Sanchez haters/doubters gonna look sour tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    +1 This guy gets it. All u Sanchez haters/doubters gonna look sour tonight.
    I'm pro Sanchez, but exactly how so? I would expect a former 1st string Tebow to look good tonight going against a second team D that has not practiced much this early in the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I know this is the general sentiment, but people need to separate WRs from "targets".

We still have Keller, Cumberland, and Baker at TE -- maybe we see some formations that put more than one out at a time.

We're supposedly working on more throws out of the backfield (McKnight, Powell, Tebow?)

Would I like more game-changing WRs? Sure -- but Patrick Turner can still run down a sideline, shifting some defense toward him. Jordan White can still look for holes over the middle. Defenses still have to respect Hill's physical attributes, even if his skill hasn't caught up with them yet.

All of this under the umbrella of already being a "ground-and-pound" team.

Used correctly, we can still be a competent offense with what we currently have at our disposal.

Unfortunately, the first two words of that sentence scare the daylights out of me . . .
    First, I haven't heard anything about a pass attempt to Tebow as of yet coming out of practice reports. Unless they're secretly practicing it out of the sight of media and fans.

Second, I'm very skeptical of this "ground and pound" talk.

a) I think it's overblown as to how much it's going to be used
    b) I don't think we have the right personnel to run it anyway
    c) The NFL is now a passing league. The successful teams are passing teams. So I'm not convinced that "ground and pound" can be a successful strategy in today's NFL.
    d) And I'm not convinced that we have the passing attack to succeed.

I think the Jets will have to win most of their games with a strong defense.

I don't think the offense will be winning many games for them.

JMO