Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: fanvision

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

fanvision

Anyone use it? Is it worth the money? Sitting in LL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    have it

not worth it if you have to pay 200 bucks for it IMO

you are close enough in the LL to just enjoy watching the game live. When they are down the other end, you have the Jumbotrons.

The two things I enjoyed most about it were the ability to watch two or three other games and keep up to date with them, the ability to watch the TV feed during replays and the red zone channel

the second reason is gone this year because they will be showing those views on the Jumbotron and the first and third reasons aren't enough to justify spending any sort of significant bucks on it.

Want to buy mine?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love mine. Main reason is the ability to watch instant replays from multiple camera angles. If you are into Fantasy Football, the ability to put your players in and keep track is cool.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Millsan, are you making that trip to Cincy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    have it

not worth it if you have to pay 200 bucks for it IMO

you are close enough in the LL to just enjoy watching the game live. When they are down the other end, you have the Jumbotrons.

The two things I enjoyed most about it were the ability to watch two or three other games and keep up to date with them, the ability to watch the TV feed during replays and the red zone channel

the second reason is gone this year because they will be showing those views on the Jumbotron and the first and third reasons aren't enough to justify spending any sort of significant bucks on it.

Want to buy mine?
    worth every penny, has the nfl redzone channel, also great for replays, and also has some of the other televised games on it. also great if you are big into fantasy football

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it the last year for STH who got it with a 3yr subscription for their purchase of CLUB seats or those who bought it off them on ebay for $60?

Is their a renewal contract or something? HOw does it work after this season onward in terms of service?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar, how much? Does it have this season still on it or would I have to subscribe? I could even meet you at your seats, I almost took seats in row 9 in your section (231a?)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Sar, how much? Does it have this season still on it or would I have to subscribe? I could even meet you at your seats, I almost took seats in row 9 in your section (231a?)

Avoid Fanvision at all costs.

The thing weighs 200 pounds and hangs around your neck making you look like a misinformed geek. Not to mention that you've likely got a smartphone, and in a few years all these features will be made available in a paid app, sure beats dragging the thing around everywhere.

Fanvision was developed at a time that all content providers were listening to Wall Street and running around trying to make their own devices. Remember the Nuviphone? Same thing here. Fanvision is destined to be a paid app for a smartphone. Wait for that if you need it at all. No need to wear the weight equivalent of 6 iPhones around your neck.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

ooops

meant to ask sg3....I'm a geek at heart

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine on eBay for like $50 a couple years back and have used it maybe a handful of times. Watching a replay and checking game stats in between quarters is something you should conceivably be able to do on any smartphone but the coverage during game is terrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Wow, no offense meant, but those two dudes in green are THE prototype Jets' fans, awesome, just mooked out beyond belief.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my pair of Fanvision units two years ago with the purchase of my club seats. It's a neat gimmick, but I'd be PO'd if I paid $200 for each of them. They are not light. They are too big to stuff in your pocket, and the strap they give you seems flimsy, I am always afraid it is going to break.

Having the replays is nice, and it does have the audio from the radio.....but with a 7 second delay.

I take mine to about half the game. I use them about half the time I bring them, and the other half I let the people around me use them.

I'm with SAR, eventually they will have an iPad or Droid app that we can use on our phones.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Wow, no offense meant, but those two dudes in green are THE prototype Jets' fans, awesome, just mooked out beyond belief.
    Burping, farting, sh-tting pigeon-attracting Jets trash. They must have gotten those lower level seats from a Salvation Army raffle.

SAR I