Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep an Eye on Jordan Shipley Tonight

Just waived by the bengals....

Hall Of Fame
    The Bengals seem to really like Sanu and Marvin Jones, two rookies they drafted this year. Shipley, who had some injuries is now expendable.

All League
    His knee is screwed from what I understand.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    His knee is screwed from what I understand.
    Where is this info coming from?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Where is this info coming from?
    It's pretty common knowledge.

Shipley is now eligible to be claimed off waivers, although his health is an obvious issue. Slow to recover from ACL surgery, Shipley was spotted by the Cincinnati Enquirer's Joe Reedy following Thursday night's preseason game with an icepack on his knee. "The knee was not responding," Reedy tweeted. If a team does want to give Shipley a look, the Jaguars make sense. Shipley had his lone productive NFL season (52 catches, 600 yards) under first-year Jacksonville offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski back in 2010.

SIGN THIS CRIPPLED BEAST!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    It's pretty common knowledge.
    Okay thanks.

Yeah. He'd make a great addition to our already banged up receiving corps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Okay thanks.
    It's really a shame, he'd fit in nicely in our WR corps.

Veteran

Bengals waive Jordan Shipley

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordan-shipley/

Should we give him a look?

Jordan Shipley’s time in Cincinnati has come to an end.

The Bengals waived Shipley, their 2010 third-round draft pick, they announced today.

Shipley showed a lot of promise as a rookie, catching 52 passes for 600 yards and three touchdowns. But he suffered a torn ACL in Week Two of last season, and 11 months later his knee is still bothering him. Shipley has played in both of the Bengals’ preseason games but caught just one pass for four yards.

If a receiver-needy team wants Shipley, he’ll be available on waivers. If he can get back to full speed, he could be a good young addition to some team’s receiving corps.

yes, worth a look. Have you seen our WR's?

All League

Just read that too.
    Still probably worth a look. The Jets have good doctors. If he can get healthy, he's got a lot of promise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    yes, worth a look. Have you seen our WR's?
    Have you? Ours are hurt and when healthy we will be just fine! Holmes, Kerley, hill, White and Turner! Not bad at all. Then we have a good catching TE or two and a guy that can catch out of the backfield. just sayin...

Sure. Someone will need to keep Schilens company on the training table when he stubs his pinky toe next week.

Veteran
    I think we need to pass. At this point, with our WR core riding bikes on the sideline, I think we should only consider guys who can play now.

On a separate note, remember this guy's situation when a player holds out before his contract is up. Solid first year, injured last year during the season and out of a job this year. There are only a few greedy guys (cough 24 cough), but the vast majority of the guys who get screwed are played like this.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Have you? Ours are hurt and when healthy we will be just fine! Holmes, Kerley, hill, White and Turner! Not bad at all. Then we have a good catching TE or two and a guy that can catch out of the backfield. just sayin...
    I think you're being sarcastic - no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Just sayin too, in age where QB's are now throwing 5K yards last year, here's what our vet guys did last year:

Holmes - 654 yards
    Kerley - 314 yards
    Turner - 96 yards
    Schilens - 271 yards
    Keller - 815 yards

and we added 2 rookies who will need time to develop.

I think it's a stretch to say "just fine" when the Pats have Welker who's production is more than all 5 of our WR's combined and another guy in Gronk who is statistically twice the player Keller is.

I'm not being a prick, and maybe you were joking, but offensively this team looks like crap on paper.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Just sayin too, in age where QB's are now throwing 5K yards last year, here's what our vet guys did last year:

Holmes - 654 yards
    Kerley - 314 yards
    Turner - 96 yards
    Schilens - 271 yards
    Keller - 815 yards

and we added 2 rookies who will need time to develop.

I think it's a stretch to say "just fine" when the Pats have Welker who's production is more than all 5 of our WR's combined and another guy in Gronk who is statistically twice the player Keller is.

I'm not being a prick, and maybe you were joking, but offensively this team looks like crap on paper.
    Couldn't agree more.

Holmes - I think the consensus is that he is a 1b type who is closer to a 2 - plus has demonstrated that he can be a cancer to the offense.
    Kerley - The only people who even know this guy are Die Hard Jets fan, not even casual jets fans. I never understood why since he is clearly a down grade from Chotchery.
    Turner - Is a practice squad non-factor.
    Schilens - Shows potential with speed, but will never play a full season with enough snaps to make an impact.
    Keller - Have no issues with Keller. Only jets fans think he's elite. He's an average TE (And thats not a bad thing) who's numbers are probably inflated without a quality WR group.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I have a hunch that White is going to be very productive this year. Just a hunch, but I think he's just one of those guys that knows how to get open.

There's not much on the WR depth chart that would hold him back.