Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep an Eye on Jordan Shipley Tonight

Keep an Eye on Jordan Shipley Tonight

Rotoworld is reporting that Shipley could be a roster casualty in Cincy due to his coming off an injury as well as the team drafting Sanu and Marvin Jones.

Shipley is a smaller, slot type receiver who can also return punts and kicks. His fit on our team would most likely be as a punt returner as I dont see him getting a lot of snaps over Holmes, Hill and Kerley (if he is healthy), but could provide some insurance at the WR position.

Veteran
    Other than his return abilities much of an upgrade would Shipley be over Jordan White ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Other than his return abilities much of an upgrade would Shipley be over Jordan White ?
    It probably would allow us to stash White on the practice squad for a year. I like white, and think he has some upside but he probably will also struggle to find snaps this season and could use a developmental year on the PS.

I love Shipley. I wanted us to draft him last year.

Veteran
    Gotcha ... I think if White stays healthy, I think he sees playing time this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Shipley is a more polished route runner. He can come in right away and be effective. I think he can be better than Kerley.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Shipley is a more polished route runner. He can come in right away and be effective. I think he can be better than Kerley.
    I loved him in college as well, amazing that he played his entire life with colt mcoy as his qb, great story.

Anyway, I think kerley is more explosive at this point, esp with shipley coming off his injury. That being said, I think shipley would give us some verstatility at the position and a good set of hands returning punts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I loved him in college as well, amazing that he played his entire life with colt mcoy as his qb, great story.

Anyway, I think kerley is more explosive at this point, esp with shipley coming off his injury. That being said, I think shipley would give us some verstatility at the position and a good set of hands returning punts.
    thanks, I look forward to seeing him tonight ...

Football outsiders had Stephen Hill and Jordan White as 2 of their top 5 WRs projected in this draft class. Its based off of explosion pretty much.

Stephen Hill scored the highest by far, Jordan White was #3. It takes like their college career, and combine numbers into account. They focus on vertical jump and 40-time, they mostly care about the first 10 yards of the 40 time though.

Shipley sucks and was overrated in his draft year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    It probably would allow us to stash White on the practice squad for a year. I like white, and think he has some upside but he probably will also struggle to find snaps this season and could use a developmental year on the PS.
    Some team might claim White...It was reported when the Jets picked him the Jets got calls from other teams disappointed the Jets selected him

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Some team might claim White...It was reported when the Jets picked him the Jets got calls from other teams disappointed the Jets selected him
    I am hoping White is going to be a player. Off the charts college production. Hopefully it translates to the pro level.

I saw some quotes about White lately that he is doing well in practice....and 140 recs doesnt happen accidentally, so i see your point.

Jets Insider VIP
    It would be foolish to put White on the PS (assuming he stays healthy).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He had a pretty decent rookie season for a 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It would be foolish to put White on the PS (assuming he stays healthy).
    I don't recall saying they should. I was only pointing out for him to make it to the PS he would have to go unclaimed by the other 31 teams, which seems unlikely based on what was reported when the Jets selected him during the draft

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't recall saying they should. I was only pointing out for him to make it to the PS he would have to go unclaimed by the other 31 teams, which seems unlikely based on what was reported when the Jets selected him during the draft
    CMart, I was simply agreeing with you and confirming your comment.

Please stop being so sensitive.

All Pro
    I think White runs great routes. We'll see tonight. Kerley blew it this year, and White is going to take his job. I think we'll be all the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He had 52 catches as a rookie 2 years ago, which was more than Santonio Holmes had for us. The guy is a baller, and you'll never have to deal with any of this whiny BS you get from Holmes. He'd be great for our locker room, plus we'd get a punt returner you can trust.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He had 52 catches as a rookie 2 years ago, which was more than Santonio Holmes had for us. The guy is a baller, and you'll never have to deal with any of this whiny BS you get from Holmes. He'd be great for our locker room, plus we'd get a punt returner you can trust.
    You aren't seriously comparing the two.

There's more to playing the game than the number of catches.