Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Keep an Eye on Jordan Shipley Tonight

  1. #1

    Keep an Eye on Jordan Shipley Tonight

    Rotoworld is reporting that Shipley could be a roster casualty in Cincy due to his coming off an injury as well as the team drafting Sanu and Marvin Jones.

    Shipley is a smaller, slot type receiver who can also return punts and kicks. His fit on our team would most likely be as a punt returner as I dont see him getting a lot of snaps over Holmes, Hill and Kerley (if he is healthy), but could provide some insurance at the WR position.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Other than his return abilities much of an upgrade would Shipley be over Jordan White ?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Other than his return abilities much of an upgrade would Shipley be over Jordan White ?
    It probably would allow us to stash White on the practice squad for a year. I like white, and think he has some upside but he probably will also struggle to find snaps this season and could use a developmental year on the PS.

  4. #4
    I love Shipley. I wanted us to draft him last year.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Gotcha ... I think if White stays healthy, I think he sees playing time this year.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Other than his return abilities much of an upgrade would Shipley be over Jordan White ?
    Shipley is a more polished route runner. He can come in right away and be effective. I think he can be better than Kerley.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Shipley is a more polished route runner. He can come in right away and be effective. I think he can be better than Kerley.
    I loved him in college as well, amazing that he played his entire life with colt mcoy as his qb, great story.

    Anyway, I think kerley is more explosive at this point, esp with shipley coming off his injury. That being said, I think shipley would give us some verstatility at the position and a good set of hands returning punts.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Shipley is a more polished route runner. He can come in right away and be effective. I think he can be better than Kerley.
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I loved him in college as well, amazing that he played his entire life with colt mcoy as his qb, great story.

    Anyway, I think kerley is more explosive at this point, esp with shipley coming off his injury. That being said, I think shipley would give us some verstatility at the position and a good set of hands returning punts.
    thanks, I look forward to seeing him tonight ...

  9. #9
    Football outsiders had Stephen Hill and Jordan White as 2 of their top 5 WRs projected in this draft class. Its based off of explosion pretty much.

    Stephen Hill scored the highest by far, Jordan White was #3. It takes like their college career, and combine numbers into account. They focus on vertical jump and 40-time, they mostly care about the first 10 yards of the 40 time though.

  10. #10
    Shipley sucks and was overrated in his draft year imo.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    It probably would allow us to stash White on the practice squad for a year. I like white, and think he has some upside but he probably will also struggle to find snaps this season and could use a developmental year on the PS.
    Some team might claim White...It was reported when the Jets picked him the Jets got calls from other teams disappointed the Jets selected him

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Some team might claim White...It was reported when the Jets picked him the Jets got calls from other teams disappointed the Jets selected him
    I am hoping White is going to be a player. Off the charts college production. Hopefully it translates to the pro level.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Some team might claim White...It was reported when the Jets picked him the Jets got calls from other teams disappointed the Jets selected him
    I saw some quotes about White lately that he is doing well in practice....and 140 recs doesnt happen accidentally, so i see your point.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,389
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Some team might claim White...It was reported when the Jets picked him the Jets got calls from other teams disappointed the Jets selected him
    It would be foolish to put White on the PS (assuming he stays healthy).

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Shipley sucks and was overrated in his draft year imo.
    He had a pretty decent rookie season for a 3rd round pick.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It would be foolish to put White on the PS (assuming he stays healthy).
    I don't recall saying they should. I was only pointing out for him to make it to the PS he would have to go unclaimed by the other 31 teams, which seems unlikely based on what was reported when the Jets selected him during the draft

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,389
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I don't recall saying they should. I was only pointing out for him to make it to the PS he would have to go unclaimed by the other 31 teams, which seems unlikely based on what was reported when the Jets selected him during the draft
    CMart, I was simply agreeing with you and confirming your comment.

    Please stop being so sensitive.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Shipley is a more polished route runner. He can come in right away and be effective. I think he can be better than Kerley.
    I think White runs great routes. We'll see tonight. Kerley blew it this year, and White is going to take his job. I think we'll be all the better for it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Shipley sucks and was overrated in his draft year imo.
    He had 52 catches as a rookie 2 years ago, which was more than Santonio Holmes had for us. The guy is a baller, and you'll never have to deal with any of this whiny BS you get from Holmes. He'd be great for our locker room, plus we'd get a punt returner you can trust.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He had 52 catches as a rookie 2 years ago, which was more than Santonio Holmes had for us. The guy is a baller, and you'll never have to deal with any of this whiny BS you get from Holmes. He'd be great for our locker room, plus we'd get a punt returner you can trust.
    You aren't seriously comparing the two.

    There's more to playing the game than the number of catches.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us