Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keep an Eye on Jordan Shipley Tonight

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    No way, we already dont have enough bikes for our receivers to ride during practice. Shipley will just add to that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No way, we already dont have enough bikes for our receivers to ride during practice. Shipley will just add to that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I have a hunch that White is going to be very productive this year. Just a hunch, but I think he's just one of those guys that knows how to get open.

There's not much on the WR depth chart that would hold him back.
    if he can stay healthy...a big if

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL

Man, I'm still holding out hope the Demps news is premature.

I want Harvin bad.

Shipley, sure, put him on IR for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Some team might claim White...It was reported when the Jets picked him the Jets got calls from other teams disappointed the Jets selected him
    Yup, I don't want the Jets to risk losing this guy. He could be very productive for us

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Rotoworld is reporting that Shipley could be a roster casualty in Cincy due to his coming off an injury as well as the team drafting Sanu and Marvin Jones.

Shipley is a smaller, slot type receiver who can also return punts and kicks. His fit on our team would most likely be as a punt returner as I dont see him getting a lot of snaps over Holmes, Hill and Kerley (if he is healthy), but could provide some insurance at the WR position.
    Good point Eagle NJ!

All League
    @AdamSchefter
    Tampa Bay was awarded former Bengals WR Jordan Shipley on waivers today.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Bucs were only team to put in a waiver claim on former Bengals WR Jordan Shipley. Lions claimed former Giants DT Bobby Skinner on waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Bucs were only team to put in a waiver claim on former Bengals WR Jordan Shipley. Lions claimed former Giants DT Bobby Skinner on waivers.
    Are waivers based on last years record, meaning the Bucs would have been in front of us?

If the Bucs were in front ok, but if not there there is no way I could possibly understand how we could keep Fragile-Mary Chaz and let someone like shipley go through waivers? That doesnt affect depth, injury risk (shipley coming back from knee), or special teams as chaz is useless in the return game.

One move that I just dont understand.

Hall Of Fame
    Are waivers based on last years record, meaning the Bucs would have been in front of us?

If the Bucs were in front ok, but if not there there is no way I could possibly understand how we could keep Fragile-Mary Chaz and let someone like shipley go through waivers? That doesnt affect depth, injury risk (shipley coming back from knee), or special teams as chaz is useless in the return game.

Waiver does kind of act like the draft, the Bucs had a higher priority than the Jets, but the they were the only team to put a claim in for him.

As far as Schilens, he was a miserable signing that has done nothing to improve the depth of the WRs. I hated it when it happened and I hate it even more now.

Jets Insider VIP

The guy supposedly is still having issues with his knee. So I don't see how he makes much sense.

It would have made a lot more sense to sign Edwards when he was available.

After the offseason this team has had, if THIS is the one move you don't understand, then you have a lot more faith in the FO than I do at this point.