Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mathieu Dismissed From LSU

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Pretty sure he can't play at an FBS school if he transfers without sitting out a year. He'll likely just train and enter the draft.
    Thought if you transferred down to an FBS, that you could play immediately ??

All Pro

One of my favorite college player I thought he would be a jet but I was told of his not ready for
    prime times status this year, so I said wait till next NFL draft. Now this bad news I wish him all
    the best and hope he thighten up his sshh.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Thought if you transferred down to an FBS, that you could play immediately ??
    He has to go to a non FBS school to play immediately. He will be playing in a lower level school with bad academics - like Rutgers!!

Or Tennesee Tech or Eastern Washington.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 08-10-2012 at 07:03 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    He has to go to a non FBS school to play immediately. He will be playing in a lower level school with bad academics - like Rutgers!!

Or Tennesee Tech or Eastern Washington.
    According to what I read he should be able to play right now at any Jr. College level..hope he gets with somebodys program soon, or else his NFL dream will be down the drain. He should try Butte Jr. College Oroville Ca.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post

One of my favorite college player I thought he would be a jet but I was told of his not ready for
    prime times status this year, so I said wait till next NFL draft. Now this bad news I wish him all
    the best and hope he thighten up his sshh.
    What the **** are you trying to say?

Report: Mathieu will remain at a drug rehab center

Former LSU star and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann Mathieu will not focus on landing with an FCS football team this fall or returning to the classroom in Baton Rouge and instead will remain at a drug rehab center in Houston for the near future, according to FOX 8 Sports in New Orleans.

Mathieu and his family have been in deep-think mode regarding his future for the past week, but together they decided that it is in the best interest of the Honey Badger to remain at the Right Step recovery center in Houston instead of returning to classes at LSU or any other college.

Tyrone Mathieu, the cornerback's father, told FOX 8 Sports that he and Tyrann agree that he won't be successful in his next step in life unless he takes care of his current personal demons. The family believes that a future football career will eventually take care of itself.

Former NBA star John Lucas is currently mentoring Tyrann on a daily basis. Of course, Lucas was felled by a cocaine and alcohol addiction before completing rehab and becoming an NBA head coach. He will help determine when Tyrann is ready to leave and return to New Orleans.

Let's hope that the Honey Badger is able to conquer his demons and resume his football career in the not-so-distant future.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...medium=twitter

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Former LSU star and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann Mathieu will not focus on landing with an FCS football team this fall or returning to the classroom in Baton Rouge and instead will remain at a drug rehab center in Houston for the near future, according to FOX 8 Sports in New Orleans.

Mathieu and his family have been in deep-think mode regarding his future for the past week, but together they decided that it is in the best interest of the Honey Badger to remain at the Right Step recovery center in Houston instead of returning to classes at LSU or any other college.

Tyrone Mathieu, the cornerback's father, told FOX 8 Sports that he and Tyrann agree that he won't be successful in his next step in life unless he takes care of his current personal demons. The family believes that a future football career will eventually take care of itself.

Former NBA star John Lucas is currently mentoring Tyrann on a daily basis. Of course, Lucas was felled by a cocaine and alcohol addiction before completing rehab and becoming an NBA head coach. He will help determine when Tyrann is ready to leave and return to New Orleans.

Let's hope that the Honey Badger is able to conquer his demons and resume his football career in the not-so-distant future.

He must have REAL issues to be going this route. But I do applaud him
    and his family in seeing the big picture and getting his foundation right
    instead of just chasing the $$$

Hall Of Fame
    Damn, what kind of drugs was this kid on?

Seems like his parents are taking control of the situation and I applaud them for that. It is refreshing. Instead of enabling they are encouraging him to get some help.

My guess is that he sits out this year, hopefully gets himself clean and then plays again in 2013 to try to build his stock back up. I don't see him entering the draft after sitting out a year. He has cost himself a lot of money, but that pales in comparison to destroying his life.

Good for him. Right call, hope he comes out of it ok

FOX8 in Louisiana was the first to report the news that the LSU star will remain at the Right Step recovery center in Houston run by former NBA player John Lucas, instead of returning to classes at LSU or any other college to play football this fall.

Lucas reached out to Mathieu after last Friday's press conference at LSU by coach Les Miles announcing the Tiger standout's departure from the program. Mathieu, according to the source, flew to Houston on Sunday.

“They have the finest of everything there,” the source said of the Houston rehab center. “Tyrann realizes he has to resolve his issue. The desire is for him to get his life right, to get his life together. He needed counseling. He needed help. If he went somewhere else just to go play football, his problems would resurface. He understood that ‘The Honey Badger persona' couldn't last living that life.

"This is really about this child's life. Football's not the important thing right now. That's the easy part for him.”

The source said Mathieu's issue was with marijuana, not any other drug.

There was also fear among those close to Mathieu that he might move on to heavier drugs.

Eventually, the hope is that once Mathieu is ready to leave the rehab center, he will re-enroll at LSU and the player could return to the Tigers team in 2013.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...rijuana-issues

There was also fear among those close to Mathieu that he might move on to heavier drugs.

Eventually, the hope is that once Mathieu is ready to leave the rehab center, he will re-enroll at LSU and the player could return to the Tigers team in 2013.

I understand the fear about moving to heavier drugs, but the guy has to have an extended stay in a rehab center...for weed?

Something's off there. Weed shouldn't get a hold of anyone like that - there has to be more to the story.

Hall Of Fame

Pretty much what I thought would happen in terms of his future plans.

Surprising that it is only weed. IMO rehab is a little overkill for marijuana but to each their own. My guess is they want to use this to show that he is taking the situation seriously.

I think he will be fine. Kicking weed is like kicking junk food. It is all discipline. Unless he has an underlying medical condition that he was using the weed to treat (self medicating).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Something's off there. Weed shouldn't get a hold of anyone like that - there has to be more to the story.
    Yeah, pretty no chance it's only weed. This seems like the standard PR move that athletes use to not kill their career, like testing positive for PEDs and saying it was only Adderall.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Yeah, pretty no chance it's only weed. This seems like the standard PR move that athletes use to not kill their career, like testing positive for PEDs and saying it was only Adderall.
    Bingo^ No way he's in Rehab for weed except as a publicity thing. If it was weed then he is either arrogant or stupid since he knew he was being tested, and that's not something we need.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I understand the fear about moving to heavier drugs, but the guy has to have an extended stay in a rehab center...for weed?

While the "legalization" crowd would have everyone believe that it is harmless and not really addictive, the simple fact is that getting "high" is addictive and weed can meet that need. At the very least, it is probably as addictive as alcohol or tobacco. Look how hard some people have to work to get off those drugs.

For people who do take drug tests and have to pass, weed is an easy way to lose your job.

While the "legalization" crowd would have everyone believe that it is harmless and not really addictive, the simple fact is that getting "high" is addictive and weed can meet that need. At the very least, it is probably as addictive as alcohol or tobacco. Look how hard some people have to work to get off those drugs.

For people who do take drug tests and have to pass, weed is an easy way to lose your job.
    1. The first part I bolded, true.

2. The second part, absolutely false. Have you ever seen a full blown alcoholic? They get the shakes and start convulsing and throwing up if they don't keep their BAC above zero. People can actually die on the spot from alcohol withdrawal. Not to mention, alcoholics tend to endanger the lives of others as well as themselves at a much higher rate. It's not even close. Alcohol can become a physical addiction as well as mental, weed is just mental.

Tobacco, also physical. A pack a day smoker will struggle alot more trying to quit it cold turkey than a pothead would.

Getting off weed is like getting off your every morning coffee (Although that can be physical too).........Tobacco and especially alcohol are on a whole different level.
    Last edited by King Koopa; 08-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ive been to rehab and was sober for 8 years. Went to meetings all the time. I never met one person who was there for marijuana dependency.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    1. The first part I bolded, true.

2. The second part, absolutely false. Have you ever seen a full blown alcoholic? They get the shakes and start convulsing and throwing up if they don't keep their BAC above zero. People can actually die on the spot from alcohol withdrawal. Not to mention, alcoholics tend to endanger the lives of others as well as themselves at a much higher rate. It's not even close. Alcohol can become a physical addiction as well as mental, weed is just mental.

Tobacco, also physical. A pack a day smoker will struggle alot more trying to quit it cold turkey than a pothead would.

Getting off weed is like getting off your every morning coffee (Although that can be physical too).........Tobacco and especially alcohol are on a whole different level.
    I am not an expert on Weed or how one would get "cured" from weed addiction. My main point is that people do get legitimately addicted to it and they need "help" to get off it.

BUT - we now have things like sex addiction rehab. Why not weed?

I am not an expert on Weed or how one would get "cured" from weed addiction. My main point is that people do get legitimately addicted to it and they need "help" to get off it.

BUT - we now have things like sex addiction rehab. Why not weed?
    I gotcha.....It's just that the difference is that people "addicted" to weed are just "addicted" to escaping their own reality and relaxing in a different mind state than what their normal reality is.

People addicted to alcohol (Or other harder drugs) actually become physically dependent on the substance, on top of the same mental addiction.

"Weed addiction" is usually just masking underlying issues. The other harder addictions do this as well, but you have the horrible physical part on top of it.

Weed Addiction= Video Game addiction basically

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Weed Addiction= Video Game addiction basically
    +1

It's not until you get addicted to playing video games while smoked out that you truly have a problem.