Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mathieu Dismissed From LSU

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Ive been to rehab and was sober for 8 years. Went to meetings all the time. I never met one person who was there for marijuana dependency.
    and now you're just high on Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I gotcha.....It's just that the difference is that people "addicted" to weed are just "addicted" to escaping their own reality and relaxing in a different mind state than what their normal reality is.

People addicted to alcohol (Or other harder drugs) actually become physically dependent on the substance, on top of the same mental addiction.

"Weed addiction" is usually just masking underlying issues. The other harder addictions do this as well, but you have the horrible physical part on top of it.

Weed Addiction= Video Game addiction basically
    It's "dependency" vs. "addiction". Dependency is a mental mind set, whereas addiction is physical.

@BonnieBernstein: Honey Badger's path to straight & narrow veers off-course. Arrested for marijuana possession: http://t.co/D323l37V #LSU

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Bud can become a way of life.

Hall Of Fame
    I am sick of this war on marijuana.

It is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Id love to see what this kid could do if he went to a small school so he didnt have to sit out....the return numbers would be staggering
    Dude's electric

Banned
    What a maroon

Jets Insider VIP
    1. The first part I bolded, true.

2. The second part, absolutely false. Have you ever seen a full blown alcoholic? They get the shakes and start convulsing and throwing up if they don't keep their BAC above zero. People can actually die on the spot from alcohol withdrawal. Not to mention, alcoholics tend to endanger the lives of others as well as themselves at a much higher rate. It's not even close. Alcohol can become a physical addiction as well as mental, weed is just mental.

Tobacco, also physical. A pack a day smoker will struggle alot more trying to quit it cold turkey than a pothead would.

Getting off weed is like getting off your every morning coffee (Although that can be physical too).........Tobacco and especially alcohol are on a whole different level.
    This x10000000000.

Up until about a month ago, I was someone who smoked a bowl per night for four years straight. I've dropped it cold turkey for several reasons, and though I miss its effects, I'm not having withdrawals or any issues of the sort. In fact, physically I feel much better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I also used a lot of weed. Quitting was very easy.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree. Quitting weed is very easy. There are no withdrawals. I used to smoke before I went to sleep. Helped with a very minor sleep problem I had. I used to smoke several times a week, now I smoke maybe once a month socially.

All Pro
    I hate to talk about drugs in a football forum but I see some misinformation here. Marijuana is not chemically addictive, meaning that the person will not go through physical withdraws when trying to quit. As some other posters have shared here, weed is not a hard substance to quit for that exact reason. Weed can be psychologically addictive, but so can sugar and caffeine as well. I work with recovering addicts and no one on my caseload is recovering for marijuana only. Two of my clients have marijuana listed as a substance, but that is coupled with Alcohol and opioids. I find it hard to believe that the honey badger would stay in rehab for JUST Weed. Either he's doing this solely to save his image, or there's more than weed going on here.

All Pro
    I gotcha.....It's just that the difference is that people "addicted" to weed are just "addicted" to escaping their own reality and relaxing in a different mind state than what their normal reality is.

People addicted to alcohol (Or other harder drugs) actually become physically dependent on the substance, on top of the same mental addiction.

"Weed addiction" is usually just masking underlying issues. The other harder addictions do this as well, but you have the horrible physical part on top of it.

Weed Addiction= Video Game addiction basically
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Its not addiction, dependency, or any other "problem", it is stupidity.

Bye bye millions of dollars in the NFL. What a dumbass.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its not addiction, dependency, or any other "problem", it is stupidity.
    Well in the sense that he knows he's going to be tested, and can't chill with the Weed until the offseason at least, yes that is stupid. Wasting millions of dollars on a couple of bags of trees.....