Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info - Friday 8/10

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,675
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets Tweets & Info - Friday 8/10

    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Talked to Ricky Sapp. He's been bothered by a high ankle sprain. He's getting better, but just to be safe, he's not going to play tonight.


    Guess I need to revise my Top 2 Guys You Are Excited To See On Friday.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Talked to Ricky Sapp. He's been bothered by a high ankle sprain. He's getting better, but just to be safe, he's not going to play tonight.
    That sucks

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same here. Oh well I guess we will have to wait till next preseason game.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer. A high ankle sprain can be a serious injury.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marcus Dowtin ‏@MarcusDowtin
    Can't wait to earn my stripes by knocking some off the Bengals


    I didn't know he was healthy to play...I thought he has been part of the rehab group for the past week+

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    High Ankle Sprain for a speed guy is not good.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello demario.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Marcus Dowtin ‏@MarcusDowtin
    Can't wait to earn my stripes by knocking some off the Bengals


    I didn't know he was healthy to play...I thought he has been part of the rehab group for the past week+
    This is great news, looking forward to seeing what he can do.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Hunter playing?

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is Hunter playing?
    Define playing?

    If by playing you mean putting a jersey on and standing around watching defensive ends run by him, then yes he is playing.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda bummed, was looking forward to seeing him play...

    But honestly, I feel so relieved that football is back I'll get over it.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Kinda bummed, was looking forward to seeing him play...

    But honestly, I feel so relieved that football is back I'll get over it.
    This has been Sapp's problem since college. He is always injured in some way. Its frustrating because he has some ability, but always seems to be on the sideline.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Define playing?

    If by playing you mean putting a jersey on and standing around watching defensive ends run by him, then yes he is playing.
    Good point.

    He is playing.

    Competing? That is another story.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Good point.

    He is playing.

    Competing? That is another story.
    I am not sure if he is suiting up tonight. I am sure we will find out in a couple hours.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forget the name of the LB that had a hammy "pop" on him, but any info on the kid? He was having a great camp from the limited info i read, and was bummed to see him get injured.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Define playing?

    If by playing you mean putting a jersey on and standing around watching defensive ends run by him, then yes he is playing.
    He'll be styling and turnstiling.

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Define playing?


    ... lol ...








    l_j_r

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is Hunter playing?
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Right tackle Wayne Hunter (back) not expected to play in tonight's preseason opener. Austin Howard would fill in, Rex said Weds. #nyj

    Also, Kerley is not playing as well.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Right tackle Wayne Hunter (back) not expected to play in tonight's preseason opener. Austin Howard would fill in, Rex said Weds. #nyj

    Also, Kerley is not playing as well.
    Our RT situation scares the begeezus out of me for some reason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us