Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 868

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Jets @ Bengals 8/10 GAME DAY THREAD***

  1. #841
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a serious note, that was the first time someone missed a fg against the Jets since....I honestly can't remember. Everyone made their fgs against us last year

  2. #842
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can the Jets take ONE shot downfield?

  3. #843
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sanchez getting benched will not be a surprise, it's the plan. They gave him no chance to do anything today, and they're auditioning the week 5 offense with Tebow.
    They can't get an o-line now and that's the only way they'll get around not having one.
    That is a load of crap! You are not thinking clearly at all! Rex is in Sanchez' corner and all Mark has to do is produce and noone will take his job. You Sanchezites are full of it. Be a Jets fan and not care who is our QB as long as we win!

  4. #844
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    game sucked.


    Coples looks legit. Made me happy after the games Jones and Ingram had

  5. #845
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That issue a few days ago was overblown and has been corrected. He won't be benched for that.
    Now Penny, do you really think we heard the last of Cromartie's antics this year?

    By the way, our OL depth is a complete embarassment to the organization.

  6. #846
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Now Penny, do you really think we heard the last of Cromartie's antics this year?

    By the way, our OL depth is a complete embarassment to the organization.
    I believe Cro won't be a problem, yes.

    And agreed.

  7. #847
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's look at it this way: What did the pats do? Nothing. What about the saints? Nothing.

    I'm not trying to compare the 3 teams because NE and NO are far superior to us, but what I'm saying is that it's just the preseason. Yea, it's really disappointing for our team to go out there and play like a pair of old balls that can't score, but it's still just the preseason.

  8. #848
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Let's look at it this way: What did the pats do? Nothing. What about the saints? Nothing.

    I'm not trying to compare the 3 teams because NE and NO are far superior to us, but what I'm saying is that it's just the preseason. Yea, it's really disappointing for our team to go out there and play like a pair of old balls that can't score, but it's still just the preseason.
    Agree completely.

    BTW, have to say that I lol'ed at dinner when I read this post from you:

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Ok, is he seriously going Tebow time? Screw it, I'm in.


  9. #849
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    That is a load of crap! You are not thinking clearly at all! Rex is in Sanchez' corner and all Mark has to do is produce and noone will take his job. You Sanchezites are full of it. Be a Jets fan and not care who is our QB as long as we win!
    you don't get it. Rex doesn't have a clue

  10. #850
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Agree completely.

    BTW, have to say that I lol'ed at dinner when I read this post from you:




    It's never been that I didn't like Tebow, it's that I (and others) were sick of having to hear about him all the time. That said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for some Tebow time.

  11. #851
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is that I never want to hear Coples compared to Gholston again.

    Kid showed more in his first preseason game than Gholston did in 3 years.

  12. #852
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's never been that I didn't like Tebow, it's that I (and others) were sick of having to hear about him all the time. That said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for some Tebow time.
    Fair enough

  13. #853
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    All I know is that I never want to hear Coples compared to Gholston again.

    Kid showed more in his first preseason game than Gholston did in 3 years.


    Yep yep. Still, hope he continues to work and gets better.

  14. #854
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    All I know is that I never want to hear Coples compared to Gholston again.

    Kid showed more in his first preseason game than Gholston did in 3 years.
    Yea, Coples is proving himself to be worthy of that 1st round pick. Though he was getting tired, I don't think I saw him quit once.

  15. #855
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grades:

    Offense: F
    Defense: C (very impressed with Coples)
    Special Teams: D- (Had a punt blocked and shanked one 25 yards)
    Overall: D

    Not impressed. We look like a 5 win team with or without Santonio.

  16. #856
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Let's look at it this way: What did the pats do? Nothing. What about the saints? Nothing.

    I'm not trying to compare the 3 teams because NE and NO are far superior to us, but what I'm saying is that it's just the preseason. Yea, it's really disappointing for our team to go out there and play like a pair of old balls that can't score, but it's still just the preseason.
    Hey the Pats OL might have been bad yesterday, but they have 3 former all pros (Mankins Volmer, and Waters) waiting in the wings to help turn that around. Who do we have, VLAD?!!

  17. #857
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Grades:

    Offense: F
    Defense: C (very impressed with Coples)
    Special Teams: D- (Had a punt blocked and shanked one 25 yards)
    Overall: D

    Not impressed. We look like a 5 win team with or without Santonio.
    I agree ... 3 win team with him.

  18. #858
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Giant game now .. Gabbert looks amazing against Giants vaunted D.

  19. #859
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    Hey the Pats OL might have been bad yesterday, but they have 3 former all pros (Mankins Volmer, and Waters) waiting in the wings to help turn that around. Who do we have, VLAD?!!
    You do realize that our starters weren't playing the entire game, right? Each team's starters only play about a series, that's it. And with their starters and Brady, the Pats offense didn't do much at all.

    Also, do you forget that we have Pro Browler's of our own? We'll be fine.

    Preseason, why do you cause us to become crazy?

  20. #860
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have Sunday Ticket, will watch every play of every game, but for my mental health I have lowered my expectations to a 7-8 win season, not gonna let this team get me upset any more. Just gonna watch and hope for the best.

    Hope we look better against the VaGiants....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us