Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Garrard to have surgery

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    304 Row 24
    Posts
    2,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Garrard to have surgery

    Lol @ Miami

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's out 2-4 weeks. He'll be fine by Week 1.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really need to follow more off season news.

    I thought Tannenhill(or whatever tf ) was gonna be the starter.

    Garrard. Huh.

    What about Matt Moore?

    EDIT: Wait, Dave Garrard?

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    per Hard Knocks

    on their first printed depth chart required by the league the order was 1 Garrard 2 Moore 3 Tannehill and 4 Camp Fodder


    this probably moves Tannehill into the 2 spot.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either Matt Moore or garrard is getting cut by week 1, looks like it might be garrard.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    On one hand I feel sorry for him. On the other he was scaring me a bit in Miami.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Moore is head and shoulders above Garrard, IMO. I can't believe that Moore wouldn't have won that competition if they were both healthy enough to compete.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    per Hard Knocks

    on their first printed depth chart required by the league the order was 1 Garrard 2 Moore 3 Tannehill and 4 Camp Fodder


    this probably moves Tannehill into the 2 spot.
    They should just go ahead and start Tannehille at this point. Last thing they need is Moore taking off and creating a QB contro. Garrard is one thing but Moore is still young and has some talent to make them look stupid. It is not like they are winning a SB or anything.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Either Matt Moore or garrard is getting cut by week 1, looks like it might be garrard.
    IMO they should keep all three and Moore should start with Garrard as the number 2 and Tannehill can learn and push to start next season

    He was drafted number 8, I know but it's not like it was for the Jets in 2009 when the choice other than starting Mark was awful Kellen Clemens. Moore is not chopped liver IMO. Garrard getting injury is probably a blessing that saves Philbin from making a mistake and going with Garrard into the season

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    MAtt Moore is the poster child for how drat position follows you for your career. Teams cant get past their intial evaluation. Even Brady was very close to being re-benched

    Moore is better than Garrard who made one play in his career and it was a run

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    MAtt Moore is the poster child for how drat position follows you for your career. Teams cant get past their intial evaluation. Even Brady was very close to being re-benched

    Moore is better than Garrard who made one play in his career and it was a run
    You mean the same Matt Moore who in Carolina couldn't beat out Jimmy ****ing Clausen?

    Yeah, he's terrific.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You mean the same Matt Moore who in Carolina couldn't beat out Jimmy ****ing Clausen?

    Yeah, he's terrific.
    But he sure beat us in the last game of the past season! QBs mature and a change of scenery can help. Moore did pretty well in Miami with a crappy team!

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    588
    Post Thanks / Like
    something about those Marshall qb's that they just can't stay healthy, who was that other guy with the noodle arm?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But he sure beat us in the last game of the past season! QBs mature and a change of scenery can help. Moore did pretty well in Miami with a crappy team!
    Yeah, he beat a Jets team that couldn't have gave a **** less about the game. How did Moore fare against the Jets in NY? Not so well, I recall.

    I don't care about Moore or the Dolphins; I wish them nothing but failure. But to imply Moore is their future is ridiculous. He's nothing more than a slightly-improved Kellen Clemens.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You mean the same Matt Moore who in Carolina couldn't beat out Jimmy ****ing Clausen?

    Yeah, he's terrific.
    Actually he did beat out Clausen. Clausen was #3 on that roster.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Actually he did beat out Clausen. Clausen was #3 on that roster.
    Really?

    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...-jimmy-clausen

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought Matt Moore was better than Sanchez. Stats have them about equal.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    yes Moore started weeks 1 and 2 then was benched game 3. The O did not improve. Clausen was #3 on opening day but they bumped him

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    yes Moore started weeks 1 and 2 then was benched game 3. The O did not improve.
    And that justifies his position as an NFL starting QB?

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    And that justifies his position as an NFL starting QB?
    No it just means he didn't loose his spot in camp to Clausen.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us