Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Very Early...but OL looks shaky!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Interesting, Ducasse looked pretty good and Hunter didn't even play.

You guys have to try, at least a little bit.
    LOL, beat me too it

Ducasse actually played well

OL performance overall was a down point of the night, but...

- I thought chemistry was big issue, with Mangold out for several days with trip to LN, Hunter being out to injury, and Moore missing a couple of practices and the scrimmage, the units were all out of sorts. First unit played with back-ups, 2nd unit played with 3rd stringers and so on, hard to get chemistry and continuity while trying to learn a new offense, players playing in and out of position, or rotating into multiple positions, hard to do that while trying to establish new blocking schemes, nevermind blitz pick up.

First game, the unit should get a lot of attention this week and should be a big focus for the coaches.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So let me get this straight... Rex Ryan wants us to be one of the only running teams left in the NFL's predominately passing league even though we have a horrible O-Line and BAD running backs? HAHAHA. We're so f*cked, God help us.

We might as well just start Tebow from the beginning because he's our best RB. The sad part is our passing game and defense isn't any better. Our LB's got destroyed on one on one's all night just like last season and Tebow telegraphs his passes worse than Sanchez. Our team is such a joke. Embarrassing! The only bright spot was Coples puttin in work against 2nd class citizens.
    Last edited by KingofNY; 08-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    So let me get this straight... Rex Ryan wants us to be a running team with a horrible O-Line and BAD running backs? HAHAHA. We're so f*cked.

We might as well just start Tebow from the beginning because he's our best RB. Our team is such a joke. Embarrassing!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Relax you SOJFs.

We have the best OL coach in the NFL in coach D. He has a ring.
    I thought we had him last season too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Dbrick's play is really starting to worry me.
    Starting, he has not played well for over a year. He's another over hyped over paid POS. forget pro bowls, right now he's a scrub. The jets officially have the worse o line, receivers, te's and running backs in football. I just cancelled my direct tv nfl package. Biggest waste of time. Sunday will be spent ridiing my harley. F()CK THIS!!!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It was Cumberland on the second, Powell on the first.
    It wasn't Powell on the first one. Watch it again. Powell picked up the inside rusher really nice, the other lber came free. They sent one more player then we had to block. It was a schematic error, not an oline or Powell error.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Starting, he has not played well for over a year. He's another over hyped over paid POS. forget pro bowls, right now he's a scrub. The jets officially have the worse o line, receivers, te's and running backs in football. I just cancelled my direct tv nfl package. Biggest waste of time. Sunday will be spent ridiing my harley. F()CK THIS!!!
    Ummmm, did you watch the game? Dbrick didn't let up anything today. Cumberland was the cause of one sack and the other sack was caused by them sending one more rusher then we had blockers. You just love to be miserable. Stop watching football and go play tiddlywinks b/c you obviously have no clue when it comes to analysis of someone's play.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Calling the oline play in that half shaky is a big understatement.

They were downright terrible. If it wasn't for Tebow's mobility the Bengals would have easily recorded 5 sacks.
    Absolutely worse than expected.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just rewatched the first team, I thought it was Brick that got beat but that was Cumberland.

There was another time that Brick slipped, but he recovered nicely and Mark stepped up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Ummmm, did you watch the game? Dbrick didn't let up anything today. Cumberland was the cause of one sack and the other sack was caused by them sending one more rusher then we had blockers. You just love to be miserable. Stop watching football and go play tiddlywinks b/c you obviously have no clue when it comes to analysis of someone's play.
    What about the 4 almost sacks and 13 other pressures that led to poorly thrown balls, runs stuffed at the LOS and an interception?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good posts. You obviously watched the game. What did you think of Howard and Ducasse. I thought they both had good games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So let me get this straight... Rex Ryan wants us to be one of the only running teams left in the NFL's predominately passing league even though we have a horrible O-Line and BAD running backs? HAHAHA. We're so f*cked, God help us.
    At this point, with this line, he's right. Our backs are pretty decent, but 1/2 our line is weak. RT and LG and no backups, big problem. Ground and pound is a joke at this point for us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Good posts. You obviously watched the game. What did you think of Howard and Ducasse. I thought they both had good games.
    Ducasse looked very good. I saw him flatten a couple of defenders on run plays. Howard looked like he held his own with the 1's at RT but when they moved him to LT he didn't look as good and that was against the 2's. So he may just be better on the right side. I really don't think you can judge the 1st team O-line on 15-20 snaps against a really good defense. I don't understand why people on this board think we should have put up 21 points in the first quarter against this or any defense. Probably 3/4 of the games in week 1 were full of not very good offense and better defense. It usually takes the offenses more time to gel and click. And I thought most of the pressure came when our 2's and 3's were in and I honestly am not concerned about that. Most of those guys won't even be on the team come the regular season.

Even though Sanchez on had 21 yards passing I liked his accuracy. 4/6 with a drop by White. That's a big improvement from last year. And Tebow is who we thought he would be. He's a great runner and an average thrower. No QB controversy to speak of. On Defense, Coples looked very good against the run with the 1's. Against the 2's he looked awesome in every facet of the game and I was happy to see. Also, our 3rd rd pick Davis looked good as well. He was flying all over the field making an impact. I don't care if Scott loses 20 more lbs he is not good in coverage and I'm praying that Davis can really step up in that department. We will get beat all day by RB's coming out of the backfield and TE's b/c our LBers can't cover. To me that was the most disappointing thing from tonights game.

Biggest positive for me was our young Dline, Wilkerson, Ellis and Coples. This line can be a force for many years together. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel optimistic but again maybe I'm in the minority who didn't think that the Jets would turn into Kurt Warners St. Louis Rams in the first quarter of the first game in the preseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the 4 almost sacks and 13 other pressures that led to poorly thrown balls, runs stuffed at the LOS and an interception?
    The 1st offense didn't even drop back 13 times. If you're counting the 2nd and 3rd team offenses you shouldn't. The majority of those guys won't be on the team when the regular season begins. Sanchez only had one poorly thrown ball b/c of a pressure, he complete 4 of his other 5 passes and the remaining pass was dropped by White which if caught would have led to a first down. So idk what you were watching tonight. The 2 sacks that occurred were not b/c of the offensive line. If you doubt me then re-watch the game. Cumberland was the cause of one and the other one was caused by the Bengals rushing one more guy then the Jets had blocking. It was a free run at the QB. But if you actually look at that play the Oline and RB (Powell) set up a nice pocket but the free runner got there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Me too, I like what I saw from Howard. And I was surprised with how well Ducasse played, he didn't look like he did the last 2 years in preseason games, he looked like a actual NFL player.With the backup OL, it seemed like the guys that really struggled won't even make the team. I noticed our right side was awful when they moved Robert Griffin to RT and some scrub nobody at RG. The left side with Howard and Ducasse seemed solid. I didn't notice Caleb at center much.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ducasse looked very good. I saw him flatten a couple of defenders on run plays. Howard looked like he held his own with the 1's at RT but when they moved him to LT he didn't look as good and that was against the 2's. So he may just be better on the right side. I really don't think you can judge the 1st team O-line on 15-20 snaps against a really good defense. I don't understand why people on this board think we should have put up 21 points in the first quarter against this or any defense. Probably 3/4 of the games in week 1 were full of not very good offense and better defense. It usually takes the offenses more time to gel and click. And I thought most of the pressure came when our 2's and 3's were in and I honestly am not concerned about that. Most of those guys won't even be on the team come the regular season.

Even though Sanchez on had 21 yards passing I liked his accuracy. 4/6 with a drop by White. That's a big improvement from last year. And Tebow is who we thought he would be. He's a great runner and an average thrower. No QB controversy to speak of. On Defense, Coples looked very good against the run with the 1's. Against the 2's he looked awesome in every facet of the game and I was happy to see. Also, our 3rd rd pick Davis looked good as well. He was flying all over the field making an impact. I don't care if Scott loses 20 more lbs he is not good in coverage and I'm praying that Davis can really step up in that department. We will get beat all day by RB's coming out of the backfield and TE's b/c our LBers can't cover. To me that was the most disappointing thing from tonights game.

Biggest positive for me was our young Dline, Wilkerson, Ellis and Coples. This line can be a force for many years together. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel optimistic but again maybe I'm in the minority who didn't think that the Jets would turn into Kurt Warners St. Louis Rams in the first quarter of the first game in the preseason.
    Yes you are overly optimistic. But its not a bad trait. But you have to wonder, if everyone was playing as well as you say, why we only had 57 net passing yds. Tell me why our RBs averaged only 3.5 ypc if the OL was so good? There are problems here Choon. I know its early and a lot can change in the next 3 weeks, but the problems exist. Otherwise those numbers would be better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    what are you watching? Hunter has not played! Howard has done reasonably well. Heyer has not done bad at all. Ground and Pound on a vanilla offense night! Kroul must go! Not impressed with RG. Brick is scaring me. Besides Cumberland is the culprit on at least two sacks!

You are trying to make a story to sound informed but its too early to start stuff like this imo!
    These type of liars need to be banned. Thread fail!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    what are you watching? Hunter has not played! Howard has done reasonably well. Heyer has not done bad at all. Ground and Pound on a vanilla offense night! Kroul must go! Not impressed with RG. Brick is scaring me. Besides Cumberland is the culprit on at least two sacks!

You are trying to make a story to sound informed but its too early to start stuff like this imo!
    JMO S Heyer is better suited to playing inside at Guard, he is isn't an upgrade at tackle than what Jets have already. Jets continue to try and play him at Tackle, he's not going to make the roster. The Jets play him at guard and he has a good chance to be one of the Jets starting guards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Offensive Line...

Was pathetic! Unbelievable how we failed to do almost nothing with a weak point on our team. Once again Sanchez was running for his life & against a Bengals that wasn't against a formidable pass rush such as the Ravens, Bills etc.

Very disappointed!!!

Wayne Hunter is hot garbage & we have done nothing to replace our weakest link of starters. Yes, we traded for damaged goods in Otah... Simply not enough!!!

Mike T. you have done an excellent jobs with some with some of your acquisitions. However, not addressing the RT position with a legitimate true starter & failing to obtain solid depth on the OL is a disaster.

Mangold is awesome.

Dbrick was good last year.

Slauson has overacheived.

Moore is very underated.

The rest of the line is a huge question mark!!!

Ladies, Gentlemen & kids your comments are welcome!