Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Very Early...but OL looks shaky!

Jets Insider VIP
    another awful thread start by schroy48 part two

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Was pathetic! Unbelievable how we failed to do almost nothing with a weak point on our team. Once again Sanchez was running for his life & against a Bengals that wasn't against a formidable pass rush such as the Ravens, Bills etc.

Very disappointed!!!

Wayne Hunter is hot garbage & we have done nothing to replace our weakest link of starters. Yes, we traded for damaged goods in Otah... Simply not enough!!!

Mike T. you have done an excellent jobs with some with some of your acquisitions. However, not addressing the RT position with a legitimate true starter & failing to obtain solid depth on the OL is a disaster.

Mangold is awesome.

Dbrick was good last year.

Slauson has overacheived.

Moore is very underated.

The rest of the line is a huge question mark!!!

Ladies, Gentlemen & kids your comments are welcome!
    LOL...the rest of the line is Wayne Hunter.

You're a shltty poster and a troll. How's that for comments?

All League
    D. none of the above.

Veteran
    1) The Bengals were 4th in sacks last year.
    2) we've had 10 practices in a new offense...10
    3) Vanilla offense, nothing to throw the opponent off balance.
    4) Starters in and out the last 2 weeks no continuity.
    That being said they looked very bad. The bright spot was Powell did pick up the blitz well, he just couldn't take out more than one blitzer.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    So let me get this straight... Rex Ryan wants us to be one of the only running teams left in the NFL's predominately passing league even though we have a horrible O-Line and BAD running backs? HAHAHA. We're so f*cked, God help us.

We might as well just start Tebow from the beginning because he's our best RB. The sad part is our passing game and defense isn't any better. Our LB's got destroyed on one on one's all night just like last season and Tebow telegraphs his passes worse than Sanchez. Our team is such a joke. Embarrassing! The only bright spot was Coples puttin in work against 2nd class citizens.
    Bart Scott is not pluralized. The rest can be attributed to the line, blocking TEs, and unfortunately Powell whiffing on one. The backup lineman were dreadful. It's silly to extrapolate further. No line = lousy passing game, and running backs. McKnight looked pretty good though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Starting, he has not played well for over a year. He's another over hyped over paid POS. forget pro bowls, right now he's a scrub. The jets officially have the worse o line, receivers, te's and running backs in football. I just cancelled my direct tv nfl package. Biggest waste of time. Sunday will be spent ridiing my harley. F()CK THIS!!!
    Poor poor Srobber. Dry your tears. Hopefully this means you won't be posting anymore either.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Was pathetic! Unbelievable how we failed to do almost nothing with a weak point on our team. Once again Sanchez was running for his life & against a Bengals that wasn't against a formidable pass rush such as the Ravens, Bills etc.

Very disappointed!!!

Wayne Hunter is hot garbage & we have done nothing to replace our weakest link of starters. Yes, we traded for damaged goods in Otah... Simply not enough!!!

Mike T. you have done an excellent jobs with some with some of your acquisitions. However, not addressing the RT position with a legitimate true starter & failing to obtain solid depth on the OL is a disaster.

Mangold is awesome.

Dbrick was good last year.

Slauson has overacheived.

Moore is very underated.

The rest of the line is a huge question mark!!!

Ladies, Gentlemen & kids your comments are welcome!
    Fail. You failed to to post almost something coherent. Who are the rest of the line?

Jets Insider VIP
    time for schroy99 to head off to the ignore list where he belongs

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...the rest of the line is Wayne Hunter.
    No he mentioned Hunter in the first paragraph. He's "hot garbage"

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Starting, he has not played well for over a year. He's another over hyped over paid POS. forget pro bowls, right now he's a scrub. The jets officially have the worse o line, receivers, te's and running backs in football. I just cancelled my direct tv nfl package. Biggest waste of time. Sunday will be spent ridiing my harley. F()CK THIS!!!
    Brick looked good last night ... Watch the game.

on Sanchez sacks, there were overload blitzes and more rushers than blockers. Sorry but that's on Mark not the OL. when the D brings 7 and he's only got 6 blockers, he's gotta get rid of it. (someone is open)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Rumor has it Tanny is up at UMASS right now scouting Oline talent.
    That's some sick humor but guess what Ducasse is finally looking like he is going to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It was Cumberland on the second
    yes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    It wasn't Powell on the first one. Watch it again. Powell picked up the inside rusher really nice, the other lber came free. They sent one more player then we had to block. It was a schematic error, not an oline or Powell error.
    and yes ...

The line as a unit looked terrible and I am not one to make excuses
    but, but , but ... some very good teams had some very bad oline performances in their first pre-season games this week.

I presume with a new offense, it's going to take some time. The Giants offer a huge challenge next week, so I am eager to see then.

I will officially panic after the third pre-season game if they do not show improvement.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    on Sanchez sacks, there were overload blitzes and more rushers than blockers. Sorry but that's on Mark not the OL. when the D brings 7 and he's only got 6 blockers, he's gotta get rid of it. (someone is open)
    +1

When the blitz is on he still goes into panic mode and the feet start getting happy, the O-line didnt play great but Mark can't hold onto the ball even if it means throwing it away.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz View Post
    +1

When the blitz is on he still goes into panic mode and the feet start getting happy, the O-line didnt play great but Mark can't hold onto the ball even if it means throwing it away.
    When Testaverde came to the Jets Parcells focused on getting Vinny to throw the ball away when nothing was open instead of forcing the ball or hanging in the pocket too long.

Mark may not have Vinny's arm but with the pocket collapsing around him, I'd like to see Mark throw it away more often instead of trying to make things happen and losing yardage .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's pretty much what I would expect unless proven otherwise.

Callahan was supposedly an o-line guru and could do anything with this line, so around here that means Callahan was hot crap.

So this FO's answer was to essentially stand pat on players and hope a new offensive staff could turn this into a decent line.

Maybe they can, but while we can hope, there isn't any reason to believe that can happen. And Pre-season game #1 did nothing to change that.

Ummmm, did you watch the game? Dbrick didn't let up anything today. Cumberland was the cause of one sack and the other sack was caused by them sending one more rusher then we had blockers. You just love to be miserable. Stop watching football and go play tiddlywinks b/c you obviously have no clue when it comes to analysis of someone's play.
    Exactly...If people were watching it was clearly obvious on both of those sacks..Cumberland was brutal on one and the other Cincy sent more rushers then the Jets had in to protect

Ducasse looked very good. I saw him flatten a couple of defenders on run plays. Howard looked like he held his own with the 1's at RT but when they moved him to LT he didn't look as good and that was against the 2's. So he may just be better on the right side. I really don't think you can judge the 1st team O-line on 15-20 snaps against a really good defense. I don't understand why people on this board think we should have put up 21 points in the first quarter against this or any defense. Probably 3/4 of the games in week 1 were full of not very good offense and better defense. It usually takes the offenses more time to gel and click. And I thought most of the pressure came when our 2's and 3's were in and I honestly am not concerned about that. Most of those guys won't even be on the team come the regular season.

Even though Sanchez on had 21 yards passing I liked his accuracy. 4/6 with a drop by White. That's a big improvement from last year. And Tebow is who we thought he would be. He's a great runner and an average thrower. No QB controversy to speak of. On Defense, Coples looked very good against the run with the 1's. Against the 2's he looked awesome in every facet of the game and I was happy to see. Also, our 3rd rd pick Davis looked good as well. He was flying all over the field making an impact. I don't care if Scott loses 20 more lbs he is not good in coverage and I'm praying that Davis can really step up in that department. We will get beat all day by RB's coming out of the backfield and TE's b/c our LBers can't cover. To me that was the most disappointing thing from tonights game.

Biggest positive for me was our young Dline, Wilkerson, Ellis and Coples. This line can be a force for many years together. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel optimistic but again maybe I'm in the minority who didn't think that the Jets would turn into Kurt Warners St. Louis Rams in the first quarter of the first game in the preseason.
    Great observations and writeup! Completely agree with everything you have written here...I'm curious to see how Davis and possibly Dowtin develop over the next few weeks and if they are involved in more LB coverage sets

Please post more!!!
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-11-2012 at 10:41 AM.