Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some post-game thoughts

Some post-game thoughts

Obviously oline looked terrible. However Howard was not that bad, may battle hunter for the starting spot

Running game looked terrible, may be related to the line not coming together yet

Bad drop by hill, Sanchez never even looked his way

Sanchez seemed to have a little better pocket presence , as a plus he did not throw any picks to d-linemen

Coples made more plays today than gholston did in his entire career. He was amazing vs the run, very quick off the line, great job splitting blockers, really impressed with him

Davis looked good, may be starting over Scott by end of season

Pace and Scott looked slow

Need Kerley back to help wr corps and to return punts

Keller was invisible, not sure what happened to him
    Last edited by barkus; 08-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    My thoughts?

Wilkerson, Coples, and Ellis are going to form one helluva DL for a very long time.

I can't help but think our offense is going to blow this year though. I can't even blame Sanchez, our OL looks like a goddamn catastrophe.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 08-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.

If anything, it looked like there was a lot more zip on Sanchez's passes. Lets hope the OL gets it **** together.

O line was God awful.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm waiting for the "It wasn't Schotty" threads.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'm waiting for the "It wasn't Schotty" threads.
    After that first series, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between sparano and shotty's offense. Similar dumb situational calls, uneventful running plays, and poor route design. I don't like it

i fear #tebow has the ability to beat sanchez out of the starting role, the problem would then be #tebow is our qb. get ya pop corn ready, its gonna be a wild ride

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    After that first series, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between sparano and shotty's offense. Similar dumb situational calls, uneventful running plays, and poor route design. I don't like it
    this question will be answered after game #4

All League
    The difference being that Sparano called these plays in the first preseason game as a "vanilla offense" as to not show our competition anything.

Schotty's offense looked the same way throughout the entire season.

Banned
    My thoughts on tonights game, look at the positives.

-Sanchez much better accuracy, 4/6 with 1 drop
    -Ellis, Wilkerson, Coples and Davis played well tonight
    -Limited injuries (Smith) hopefully he's ok b/c that would hurt our depth.

I think people forget that the Jets didn't game plan for this game on offense or defense. So they are just running basic plays. And game planning makes a HUGE difference in how a team can perform on the field offensively and defensively.

How about some minimal game planning. Protect your QB.

Veteran
    Post game thoughts.

Vanilla offense...vanilla defense. Revealing nothing in preseason. Most important is no injuries.

Ummm, it's pre-season game, 1, extremely vanilla.

Jets almost used this first game as a walk-through type of game. Gameplan was extremely simple and vanilla and I had no problem with that. I think the coaches just wanted to see who was going to compete hard and play smart, rather than worrying about the W or L. Glad to see Coples played a lot and showed some promise. People on this board were already killing him before he even played a snap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ummm, it's pre-season game, 1, extremely vanilla.
    Lol. I don't even want to see the other flavors. What a joke that was like watching my nephews team practice hes 14.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Jets almost used this first game as a walk-through type of game. Gameplan was extremely simple and vanilla and I had no problem with that. I think the coaches just wanted to see who was going to compete hard and play smart, rather than worrying about the W or L. Glad to see Coples played a lot and showed some promise. People on this board were already killing him before he even played a snap.
    Good post!

I saw what i basically expected. I was thankful there was no major injuries unlike cinci. It's about getting quality reps in and getting in shape not about winning at this point. I think tebow will be a great asset to the offense. We won't know anything until they play Buffalo so relax jetfans and hope they stay healthy. We won the game in that area for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    My thoughts?

Wilkerson, Coples, and Ellis are going to form one helluva DL for a very long time.

I can't help but think our offense is going to blow this year though. I can't even blame Sanchez, our OL looks like a goddamn catastrophe.
    Like I said ... we didn't upgrade is this area when it was obvious we needed to. Slauson should be a 50% of the snaps guy and RT we're the worst in football. Moore's getting old ... we need help badly

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I can't even blame Sanchez, our OL looks like a goddamn catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    The difference being that Sparano called these plays in the first preseason game as a "vanilla offense" as to not show our competition anything.

Schotty's offense looked the same way throughout the entire season.
    Hell Yeah!!