Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Post game thoughts - Jets/Bengals

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I made sure to include some positives in my post. Give me a little credit.

Of course there are issues every year. Not team is perfect. My problem is when the issues continue from one year to the next. Especially if those issues crippled your team the year before.
    Agree...But with all "those issues that "crippled" the team last season the team was still 8-5 until it basically imploded..

Let's let the PS and Sept play out before jumping off the ledge.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Agree...But with all "those issues that "crippled" the team last season the team was still 8-5 until it basically imploded..

Let's let the PS and Sept play out before jumping off the ledge.
    Fair enough.

But in the meantime I will get my bungie suit ready.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this sums up the feelings of the posters so far after one preseason Jet game...

SOJF Grades:

Offense: F
    Defense: C-
    Special Teams: F
    Overall: F

Jet Homer Grades

Offense: A- (The OL will Jell)
    Defense: A
    Special Teams: A
    Overall: Super Bowl Bound

Pat Troll Grades

Offense: LOL @ Jets
    Defense: Not as good as Buffalo
    Special Teams: LOL @ Jets
    Overall: Lucky if the Jets aren't in Last place...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    I think this sums up the feelings of the posters so far after one preseason Jet game...

SOJF Grades:

Offense: F
    Defense: C-
    Special Teams: F
    Overall: F

Jet Homer Grades

Offense: A- (The OL will Jell)
    Defense: A
    Special Teams: A
    Overall: Super Bowl Bound

Pat Troll Grades

Offense: LOL @ Jets
    Defense: Not as good as Buffalo
    Special Teams: LOL @ Jets
    Overall: Lucky if the Jets aren't in Last place...
    How about those that are realistic, understand how teams approach preseason games, especially considering its the 1st preseason game

Offense: TBD
    Defense: TBD
    Special Teams: TBD
    Overall: TBD

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    How about those that are realistic, understand how teams approach preseason games, especially considering its the 1st preseason game

Offense: TBD
    Defense: TBD
    Special Teams: TBD
    Overall: TBD
    You know there is no place for being realistic on JI...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

This is the most talented Jets team in the last 30 years.

SAR I
    So after Sanchez and then Tebow are rushed out of the stadium in ambulances after the 1st two Offensive plays of 2012...do we rename the team the NY Mice?

Los Angelas Mice sounds better to me.

Man, this is shaping up to be a miserable year and I don't say that because of 1 preseason game. Can't be "ground and pound" not with the run blocking along with quality of RBs and can't throw either with what they'll call pass protection.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I would rather have him fall down when he knows he is going to get sacked. Manning made a career out of doing that. It protects the QB from injury. Sanchez took way too many hits last year and I would rather have him avoid most of them if he can. Plus I don't believe that we have a competent back up to step in for him if he gets hurt. Tebow is who he is, a great runner but a below average thrower and in this league he can exposed for being one dimensional. That just my opinion anyway.
    I agree with some of that, however he should have thrown the ball away, then laid down. We can't afford long sacks, and neither of these QB's are upper echelon, I'm a huge Sanchez fan, but facts are he's not the next Joe Willy that we all wanted.

O'brien was better than Sanchez and took hundreds of sacks, it seemed..... Towards the end, he learned how to get rid of it, instead of getting sacked.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's insulting.

No Jets fan wants the team to lose. What you're missing is that no Jets fan wants to be ridiculed by other Jets fans for being honest. Ray and his pile-on gang of optimistic bullies run around like they're the ones in the right when they're the ones in the wrong. Don't be fooled.

We don't want to be right; we just want them to leave us alone.

SAR I
    Tell me jackass, what was wrong with the post? And who are these optimistic bullies?

I don't run around here doing anything but talk and be a fan of my team. You, your schtick, your agenda, and your insecure self esteem prances about wasting bandwith and everybody else' time. You know very little about the game, and you rarely if ever actually post about the sport.

You crave attention, and I guess I'm giving it to you again...

As for this thread, there is nothing wrong with it, it is both objective, critical, and does include some positive thoughts about the game.

The problem with fans like you, and the morons that call up the radio talk shows, and fall right into the media trap of their own agenda and ratings brainstorming, you eat up their crap and buy right into it.

Real football fans don't watch last night's game and start writing off the season, dump on a player or coach or an entire unit. One friggin pre-season game, with multiple key players out at WR, on the OL, a new offense, a new system, a super vanilla scheme, the FIRST pre-season game, and people are panicking already.

Fans like you dumb down a fan base, and you ruin the experience for real fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

We all want the best. Six points against the Bengals, ugh.

SAR I
    But it was an exciting 6.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so I ask you again, Mr "Realist"

was your often posted prediction in 2009 of a 5-11 season for the Jets a real prediction as it appeared

or a reverse jinx prediction as you now appear to be claiming

if you are afraid to answer, you can PM me and I won't ask you to clarify this again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR owns so hard

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think RayRay did a nice job with his post.

After 1st qtr, I came away saying...this looks the same as last year. Well, it better change and get better each week otherwise I'm going to be very frustrated again.

Offense:
    6 meager points (yeah yeah yeah, vanilla offense). Most teams start out the preseason with a vanilla or toned down offense. Giants put up 31.

Defense:
    We got stepped on. Got gashed up front a few times. Soft underneath once again. Still.

This was 1st qtr & 2nd qtr evaluation where the 3's and training camp scrubs for the most part are still watching from the sideline.

It needs to get a lot better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our OL has a lot of work to do, thats for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I made sure to include some positives in my post. Give me a little credit.

Of course there are issues every year. Not team is perfect. My problem is when the issues continue from one year to the next. Especially if those issues crippled your team the year before.

The problem is that casual fans like yourself use the first pre-season game and over-analyze the team's performance, and automatically chalk up comparisons to last year.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you'll have to pull your annual "run away and hide instead of facing the consequences of my stupid predictions" move much earlier this year.

Since you won't be around in October, let me wish you a very happy Halloween.

SAR I
    Another thick one I see. It was the best reverse-jinx in the last 30 years.

You need to quickly post up a 10,000 word analysis of last nights disaster laden mess with double-talk so you have an exit strategy when things go wrong in September like your Blind Homer Cult buddy did.

SAR I
    Stop it; no "reverse jinx" is needed at this time; the "Emperor Wears No Clothes" riff is missing the mark here. Everybody is pissed about the question marks in the team's talent and coaching.

RayRay gave a great breakdown; stop flinging your boogers on him.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's insulting.

No Jets fan wants the team to lose. What you're missing is that no Jets fan wants to be ridiculed by other Jets fans for being honest. Ray and his pile-on gang of optimistic bullies run around like they're the ones in the right when they're the ones in the wrong. Don't be fooled.

We don't want to be right; we just want them to leave us alone.

SAR I
    Okay, they'll leave you alone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The problem is that casual fans like yourself use the first pre-season game and over-analyze the team's performance, and automatically chalk up comparisons to last year.
    HAHAHA I can't even tell who's trolling who now

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

So does the media, the radio and newspapers...why is he a casual fan? All fans have opinions, and most change as the season goes on...but, the weaknesses of the Jets heading to this year well documented, ...the gauntlet is thrown..A lot of unproven and older veteran players have got to to step up and prove otherwise..
    P.S. Enjoyed your post(the thread starter)

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me jackass, what was wrong with the post? And who are these optimistic bullies?

I don't run around here doing anything but talk and be a fan of my team. You, your schtick, your agenda, and your insecure self esteem prances about wasting bandwith and everybody else' time. You know very little about the game, and you rarely if ever actually post about the sport.

You crave attention, and I guess I'm giving it to you again...

As for this thread, there is nothing wrong with it, it is both objective, critical, and does include some positive thoughts about the game.

The problem with fans like you, and the morons that call up the radio talk shows, and fall right into the media trap of their own agenda and ratings brainstorming, you eat up their crap and buy right into it.

Real football fans don't watch last night's game and start writing off the season, dump on a player or coach or an entire unit. One friggin pre-season game, with multiple key players out at WR, on the OL, a new offense, a new system, a super vanilla scheme, the FIRST pre-season game, and people are panicking already.

Fans like you dumb down a fan base, and you ruin the experience for real fans.
    I think we've killed this thread dead Ray. There's your last word.