Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: These Jets players looked pretty good vs Cinci.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    RB - Ganaway
    LB - Davis
    NT - Harrison
    RB - McKnight
    DE - Coples
    DE - Richardson
    QB - Tebow
    CB - Lankster
    S - Bell
    DL - Ellis
    LB - Pace
    WR - White
    WR - Hill
    Some great choices,
    David Harris, Coples, Richardson, Ellis, White, HIll looked good,

I've watched the game 3 times now, watch it again, and pull Pace from your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Sanchez has done the same thing and most young QBs do it. Heck, Mark even throws INTS to DEs. We have lived with Sanchez' youthful mistakes. Lets not make a federal case out of Tebow's. They are both Jets and lets hope each does well!

Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Some great choices,

I've watched the game 3 times now, watch it again, and pull Pace from your list.
    White looked good and bad. Believe that he had a drop on a pass and that he botched a return. Too bad really as I have high hopes for the kid and hope last night doesn't negatively affect his snaps in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Some great choices,

add Sanchez

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes, there were plenty of positives last night. Here is who I though played well.

DL - Kenrick Ellis - Really hoping for a HR here. Can change our defense
    DL - Wilkerson - 10 yr player
    DL - Coples - Held his own against the starters. Showed ability.
    DL - Dixon - I am a big fan of his.
    LB - Pace - Can't cover, so lets stop asking him to. Played well against the run.
    I didn't pay much attention to the DBs.

C - Mangold
    G - Moore
    G - Slauson

WR - Turner - Seems like Sanchez looks for him.
    RB - McKnight - Our only potential HR hitter out of the backfield. God forbid we could get him to the second-level of the defense.

I might be leaving a couple of guys out. Tebow and Hill looked good. Powell had a couple of nice blitz pickups. I didn't pay much attention to Howard, wish I had. How did he do?
    He would be so much better as a DE. I shook my head when he kept getting burned. I hope we go a lot more zone, or mix more in, instead of asking LB's to cover in man this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I'm glad you are such a student of the english language.
    You're a dope if you think he was correcting your langauge. He was questioning what team you root for. With emphasis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    White looked good and bad. Believe that he had a drop on a pass and that he botched a return. Too bad really as I have high hopes for the kid and hope last night doesn't negatively affect his snaps in camp.
    The guy has been out with an injury. His conditioning is not quite where it should be. He will catch up and be a good player. He looked uncomfortable at PR initially. Then he did pretty good! IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME don't give up the ship!

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    anyone have a take on demario davis or the rookie safeties?
    Davis looked just okay, but wasn't exactly showcased, a good special teams tackle if I recall.

Allen I hardly noticed. Bush always seemed to be running hard after a play that he was out of position or got beat on. Noticed this two or three times. Showed a lot of hustle but *had* to because he wasn't in the spot to make the big play.

Sorry this is vague but noticed nobody else answered.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I think Lankster looked good, only compared to Trufant. Who I thought didn't look good.
    Agree on both Lankster and Trufant. Trufant strikes me as a guy who impresses enough in camp because he is always in the neighborhood in coverage, but every single Bengal he was up against seemed to swat him away like a fly. Just couldn't make a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The guy has been out with an injury. His conditioning is not quite where it should be. He will catch up and be a good player. He looked uncomfortable at PR initially. Then he did pretty good! IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME don't give up the ship!
    Thanks for the info. Not giving up the ship by any means. Just worried that with this new CBA and the reduced number of practices, he might get fewer snaps because of that game performance.

Hall Of Fame
    It is amazing what has happened to this place.

Can't even have a discussion about who played well without it blowing up by Tebow trolls.

F'in blows.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez or Tebow, the Jets need a TE who can block. Keller and Cumberland both got beat for sacks, and were constantly giving up pressure.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    The irony of the dichotomy. You imply that Tebow didn't play QB well, then note that Hill shouldn't have dropped that ball.

Let's look at Tebow's stats. 4-8. 1 of course was that bad decision on the interception. Another was a clear throw away that hit the cheerleader. That takes us to 4-6. Then, you have Hill's drop. That would have made Tebow 5 of 6 on all his other passes. Not bad for a guy who didn't play well as a QB.
    There are so many things wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start.

Hill's hands

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAJET58

Talking with people down here in GA that followed Hill in college. Dropsies seem to be a nagging problem of his. May have to send him a bottle of stick em.

Uh oh ... I hope the GA folks are wrong, if you don't have hands, speed and route running mean little.

I've seen most of the Tech games for the last few years (live in Atl), and while I love the the pick, he does get careless and drop some easy ones. It's maddening because he'll make some ridiculously hard catches and then drop a softball right in his mitts.

I've looked to find some stats on drops in college and wasn't able to do it. Again, i'm not killing the kid, I love his speed but there will be five or six times this year where we are throwing something at the TV based on a blown catch.

tj