Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These Jets players looked pretty good vs Cinci.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Took the total yardage of the plays in question and divided it by the number of plays.

For example, McElroy completed 4 of 6 passes and was sacked 3 times. That's 9 plays. He threw for 49 yards, but had -24 yards in sacks, for a net of 25 yards. That gives an avg of 2.78 yds per play.

Sanchez was 4 of 6 and was sacked twice. He also scrambled/rushed 1 time for a total of 9 plays. He passed for 21 yards, ran for 4 and had -21 sack yards for a net of 9 yards. That gives an avg of 1 yard per play.

Tebow was 4 of 8, was sacked 0 times and scrambled/rushed 4 times for a total of 12 plays. He passed for 27 yards, lost 0 in sacks, and ran for 34 for a net of 61 yards. That gives an avg of 5.08 yards per play.

None of the totals are particularly earth shattering, or even remotely good. But when you boil it all down, Tebow was at least on par with Sanchez and McElroy tonight.
    I only got to watch the 4th Q but McElroy can't exactly be blamed for no one picking up a rusher who was on him before the ball hit his hands, looked like a set up by management for payback...just kidding. Kid was running for his life back there. I don't think I got to see what he could do with that 3-4th string garbage out on the field. Again I did not see the entire game and it is just vanilla football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Sure, he had a terrible interception. Great looking throw, except for being very inaccurate (seriously, watch it again, a nice, pretty spiral from Tebow).

That notwithstanding, Tebow also accounted for more net yards than Sanchez or McElroy and a higher average yard per play on "QB plays" (pass attempts, scrambles, runs).

Also, if defenses rush 4, and have 1-2 people spying on Tebow, then that changes the coverages that he'll face and they'll be more susceptible to the pass.
    "Great throw, oh, except that he stared down the receiver and it was picked off"....that says it all. Didn't know throwing a spiral was worthy of praise.

The tebow - sanchez "debate" is just unbearable at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, there were plenty of positives last night. Here is who I though played well.

DL - Kenrick Ellis - Really hoping for a HR here. Can change our defense
    DL - Wilkerson - 10 yr player
    DL - Coples - Held his own against the starters. Showed ability.
    DL - Dixon - I am a big fan of his.
    LB - Pace - Can't cover, so lets stop asking him to. Played well against the run.

I didn't pay much attention to the DBs.

C - Mangold
    G - Moore
    G - Slauson

WR - Turner - Seems like Sanchez looks for him.
    RB - McKnight - Our only potential HR hitter out of the backfield. God forbid we could get him to the second-level of the defense.

I might be leaving a couple of guys out. Tebow and Hill looked good. Powell had a couple of nice blitz pickups. I didn't pay much attention to Howard, wish I had. How did he do?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sad when the punt protector performs better than your starting QB.
    He's your starting QB too....if you're a Jets fan.

We know you have a constant hardon for Tebow. He said he's holding out for marriage. Give it up. Your chances with him are as good that he gets a start at QB over a healthy Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    have to agree with tebonehead demo

it was a beautifully thrown worst looking interception in NFL history

as for Hill and the dropsies

the ball was, as always badly thrown late

and he deserves credit for his earlier catch of another horribly thrown high ball that he had to stretch out all of his 6'5 to reach and left him wide open to getting killed by a safety or linebacker over the middle.

another typical godawful pass from our fullback. Thank Jesus he won't be allowed to windmill any wild passes once the season starts.

Just run, Saint Timmy and make your cult followers happy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    "Great throw, oh, except that he stared down the receiver and it was picked off"....that says it all. Didn't know throwing a spiral was worthy of praise.

The tebow - sanchez "debate" is just unbearable at this point.
    Sanchez has done the same thing and most young QBs do it. Heck, Mark even throws INTS to DEs. We have lived with Sanchez' youthful mistakes. Lets not make a federal case out of Tebow's. They are both Jets and lets hope each does well!

I agree the TEBOW v SANCHEZ debate is bad for team unity! But it seems that both QBs have fanatical fans just looking to dump on the other QB. If we all stop it perhaps the situation will right itself! We blame the scribes but some guys on the forum are even worse then the scribes with this nonsense!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Nice. Ducasse had his moments too. Hill looked good, his potential is tantalising - his continuing development is intriguing. Ellis looks very motivated out there, he seems intent on shutting up his detractors
    Strong use of adjectives in this post.

I agree with all of them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has done the same thing and most young QBs do it. Heck, Mark even throws INTS to DEs. We have lived with Sanchez' youthful mistakes. Lets not make a federal case out of Tebow's. They are both Jets and lets hope each does well!

I agree the TEBOW v SANCHEZ debate is bad for team unity! But it seems that both QBs have fanatical fans just looking to dump on the other QB. If we all stop it perhaps the situation will right itself! We blame the scribes but some guys on the forum are even worse then the scribes with this nonsense!

incorrect

Sanchez' fanatical fans are JET FANS

Tebo's fanatical fans are fanatical teboneheads who were Bronco fans last year and will be some other team's fans next year LORD HEAR OUR PRAYER

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes, there were plenty of positives last night. Here is who I though played well.

DL - Kenrick Ellis - Really hoping for a HR here. Can change our defense
    DL - Wilkerson - 10 yr player
    DL - Coples - Held his own against the starters. Showed ability.
    DL - Dixon - I am a big fan of his.
    LB - Pace - Can't cover, so lets stop asking him to. Played well against the run.

I didn't pay much attention to the DBs.

C - Mangold
    G - Moore
    G - Slauson

WR - Turner - Seems like Sanchez looks for him.
    RB - McKnight - Our only potential HR hitter out of the backfield. God forbid we could get him to the second-level of the defense.

I might be leaving a couple of guys out. Tebow and Hill looked good. Powell had a couple of nice blitz pickups. I didn't pay much attention to Howard, wish I had. How did he do?
    I thought Howard showed promise. He played both RT and LT. Several times he stood up his man and that guy went to the ground. I also thought HEYER showed some promise. RG showed he needs much more experience! KROUL has played himself off the team I think.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-11-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, Bell. There were others but these guys looked good against the 1s.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking OFFENSIVE LINE NEED MORE QUALITY PLAYERS

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Nice. Ducasse had his moments too. Hill looked good, his potential is tantalising - his continuing development is intriguing. Ellis looks very motivated out there, he seems intent on shutting up his detractors
    --Coples and Ellis looked very good. Our DL will be fine this year. OL was terrible.!! Austin Howard is big and slow. More slow footed than Hunter, even. NEED BIG improvement or Sanchez Will get flattened again this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

incorrect

Tebo's fanatical fans are fanatical teboneheads who were Bronco fans last year and will be some other team's fans next year LORD HEAR OUR PRAYER
    Listen pal. I have been a JETS fan since 1960. I was at the very first game at the Polo Grounds. DO NOT make the mistake of stereotyping all JETS fans as former Bronco fans. It is stupid and insane statements like that that fans the flames of childish and silly posts on this board. Its time to grow up and understand that different fans have different opinions. They might differ from yours but you have a hardon for TEBOW so you say silly things in a blind rage with little to no thought. I don't appreciate your style ! I feel TEBOW can help us win. That is my only motivation and I will not put down other fans opinions. You are entitled to your opinion but are others on this board without your sarcasm and silly statements.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-11-2012 at 09:18 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    He's your starting QB too....if you're a Jets fan.
    I'm glad you are such a student of the english language.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAJET58 View Post
    Talking with people down here in GA that followed Hill in college. Dropsies seem to be a nagging problem of his. May have to send him a bottle of stick em.
    Uh oh ... I hope the GA folks are wrong, if you don't have hands, speed and route running mean little.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

incorrect

SG3 ... You really need to STFU. I am a Jet fan. Ive been one since 1975. I am praying that Sanchez can evolve into a better player than last year. I was expecting him to destroy Tebow in the traditional QB sense.

The problem is ... Last night the team was FAR more effective with Tebow under center. It's not even up for discussion. All I care about is our offense's ability to convert 3rd downs and move the chains. Until Sanchez can do that consistently ... The QB debate will rage on and rightfully so.

Can Sanchez prove his doubters wrong ? I hope so. But he DID NOT do it last night. Reading the blitz is a basic trait a starting QB should possess ...
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-11-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sad when the punt protector performs better than your starting QB.
    He performed better as a RB, not as a QB whose main responsibility is to throw the ball.

Sanchez, PTurner, Howard and Ducasse should be added to the OPs list. Hill should be taken off. You can't drop a 10 yard pass that would have resulted in a 1st down.

Also, the lack of any serious injury is the greatest thing that came out of last nights game
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-11-2012 at 11:05 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He performed better as a RB, not as a QB whose main responsibility is to throw the ball.

Sanchez, PTurner, Howard and Ducasse should be added to the OPs list. Hill should be taken off. You can't drop a 10 yard pass that would have resulted in a 1st down.

Also, the lack of any serious injury is the greatest thing that came out of last nights game
    I'll say it again .... the offense moved better with TEbow taking the snaps than with Sanchez. Period. It's only preseason game one ... But that is where the competition stands right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'll say it again .... the offense moved better with TEbow taking the snaps than with Sanchez. Period. It's only preseason game one ... But that is where the competition stands right now.
    Because he was playing against 2nd & 3rd stringers and the ball moved because the QB dropped back and then ran....

There is no competition at QB-Sanchez is the #1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Because he was playing against 2nd & 3rd stringers and the ball moved because the QB dropped back and then ran....

There is no competition at QB-Sanchez is the #1
    For this week at least ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    For this week at least ...
    For many, many weeks and months