Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These Jets players looked pretty good vs Cinci.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He performed better as a RB, not as a QB whose main responsibility is to throw the ball.
    Why does it matter to you whether we run or throw for a 1st down?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Why does it matter to you whether we run or throw for a 1st down?
    Like I said if you want your offense ratio to be 80-85% run/15-20% pass fine...

You honestly think you can win 10 games and win games in the playoffs throwing the ball 12-15 times a game?

Because as a starter a #1 D's will take it away, put 9 & 10 in the box, and he isn't consistent and accurate enough to complete enough passes, and he can't read coverages. May goodness he is worse than Sanchez at reading coverages and that is saying something...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    SG3 ... You really need to STFU. I am a Jet fan. Ive been one since 1975. I am praying that Sanchez can evolve into a better player than last year. I was expecting him to destroy Tebow in the traditional QB sense.

The problem is ... Last night the team was FAR more effective with Tebow under center. It's not even up for discussion. All I care about is our offense's ability to convert 3rd downs and move the chains. Until Sanchez can do that consistently ... The QB debate will rage on and rightfully so.

Can Sanchez prove his doubters wrong ? I hope so. But he DID NOT do it last night. Reading the blitz is a basic trait a starting QB should possess ...
    So Sanchez has to prove his doubters wrong while Tebow doesn't? Tebow threw 2 nice passes and 6 bad ones. One of which was a drive killer in a close game. Also, he played against scrubs while Sanchez played against the 7th best defense in the league last year. Sanchez threw the ball much better then Tebow did last night, the only thing Tebow did well was run and that was b/c the Bengals were running a vanilla defense against him with scrubs. You can't be hard on one QB and make pretend the other QB doesn't do anything wrong.

Banned
    Like I said if you want your offense ratio to be 80-85% run/15-20% pass fine...

You honestly think you can win 10 games and win games in the playoffs throwing the ball 12-15 times a game?

Because as a starter a #1 D's will take it away, put 9 & 10 in the box, and he isn't consistent and accurate enough to complete enough passes, and he can't read coverages. May goodness he is worse than Sanchez at reading coverages and that is saying something...
    You're making way too much sense for him. You can't rationally have a discussion with danuthugger, everybody is better off ignoring him. He and others like him are the reason a lot of people don't participate on this board anymore.

Where did you get that number from? Last season he was averaging 25 attempts per game, and he was most effective at around 20 attempts per game, also adding 10 or so rushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You're making way too much sense for him. You can't rationally have a discussion with danuthugger, everybody is better off ignoring him. He and others like him are the reason a lot of people don't participate on this board anymore.
    I hear ya...and there are a couple others on here that you can't rationally have a discussion with..

Banned
    I hear ya...and there are a couple others on here that you can't rationally have a discussion with..
    How do I ignore someone on here?

Hall Of Fame
    Ask sg3.

Go above to UserCP and in Edit Ignore List place the users name
    i.e. C Mart

Banned
    i.e. C Mart
    Lmao

Banned
    i.e. C Mart
    I had to ignore danuthugger b/c he's ruining my experience on this board. There are others too.

I had to ignore danuthugger b/c he's ruining my experience on this board. There are others too.
    I understand...It's time for me to add him

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Where did you get that number from? Last season he was averaging 25 attempts per game, and he was most effective at around 20 attempts per game, also adding 10 or so rushes.
    For everyone who thinks we can win games with tebow as the QB, you should probably take a closer look at all the "winning" he did last year.

Yes he beat the jets, pains me to write it.

Then beat a KC team that was without its QB, RB, first round pick safety, TE, etc....

Then the chargers in OT who were not a good team.

Then the bears also in OT, who were without their QB and starting RB.

Then the vikings who won 3 total games.

Tebow the winner then got crushed by NE, crushed by the lowly Bills and then lost to that same KC team.

So yes, was the Pitts playoff game a good one, sure. But no way can you consistenly win if the team can't throw, and he struggles throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    For everyone who thinks we can win games with tebow as the QB, you should probably take a closer look at all the "winning" he did last year.

Yes he beat the jets, pains me to write it.

Then beat a KC team that was without its QB, RB, first round pick safety, TE, etc....

Then the chargers in OT who were not a good team.

Then the bears also in OT, who were without their QB and starting RB. and the backup RB ran out of bounds when trying to run out the clock..Without that stupidity the Bears win.

Then the vikings who won 3 total games.

Tebow the winner then got crushed by NE, crushed by the lowly Bills and then lost to that same KC team.

So yes, was the Pitts playoff game a good one, sure. But no way can you consistenly win if the team can't throw, and he struggles throwing.
    fixed

He performed better as a RB, not as a QB whose main responsibility is to throw the ball.

Sanchez, PTurner, Howard and Ducasse should be added to the OPs list. Hill should be taken off. You can't drop a 10 yard pass that would have resulted in a 1st down.

Also, the lack of any serious injury is the greatest thing that came out of last nights game

The irony of the dichotomy. You imply that Tebow didn't play QB well, then note that Hill shouldn't have dropped that ball.

Let's look at Tebow's stats. 4-8. 1 of course was that bad decision on the interception. Another was a clear throw away that hit the cheerleader. That takes us to 4-6. Then, you have Hill's drop. That would have made Tebow 5 of 6 on all his other passes. Not bad for a guy who didn't play well as a QB.

fixed
    C Mart, if you are fixing posts, you might as well be correct in what you add in. Barber didn't run out of bounds, he was driven out by a Broncos player. His mistake was bouncing to the outside in the first place instead of just going down in the middle of the field.

heads up play by the defender. BTW, if it even goes that route, Barber didn't accidentally fumble the ball, it was stripped. Still a mistake by Barber as he should have been protecting it better, but, another good play by a Denver defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    C Mart, if you are fixing posts, you might as well be correct in what you add in. Barber didn't run out of bounds, he was driven out by a Broncos player. His mistake was bouncing to the outside in the first place instead of just going down in the middle of the field.

heads up play by the defender. BTW, if it even goes that route, Barber didn't accidentally fumble the ball, it was stripped. Still a mistake by Barber as he should have been protecting it better, but, another good play by a Denver defender.
    Fair enough...It was still a stupid mistake..Apologies for not remembering the exact detail how he went out of bounds..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The only guys that really stood out to me were Coples, Wilkerson and Kenrick Ellis.

The offense was a total sh*t show.
    I think Lankster looked good, only compared to Trufant. Who I thought didn't look good.

So Sanchez has to prove his doubters wrong while Tebow doesn't? Tebow threw 2 nice passes and 6 bad ones. One of which was a drive killer in a close game. Also, he played against scrubs while Sanchez played against the 7th best defense in the league last year. Sanchez threw the ball much better then Tebow did last night, the only thing Tebow did well was run and that was b/c the Bengals were running a vanilla defense against him with scrubs. You can't be hard on one QB and make pretend the other QB doesn't do anything wrong.
    What game were you watching ?? Yeah, Sanchez threw the ball better, he should, he's a better passer. But to say that Tebow threw 6 bad passes out of the 8 that he threw is just flat out wrong.

Fair enough...It was still a stupid mistake..Apologies for not remembering the exact detail how he went out of bounds..
    No problem. Details have stuck in my mind because I've argued about the Chicago game about a billion times. (Could have also pointed out that Chicago kicked a 57 yarder of their own, that Denver botched a FG and that DThomas dropped a sure TD pass that would have won the game in regular time )