Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: These Jets players looked pretty good vs Cinci.

These Jets players looked pretty good vs Cinci.

RB - Ganaway
    LB - Davis
    NT - Harrison
    RB - McKnight
    DE - Coples
    DE - Richardson
    QB - Tebow
    CB - Lankster
    S - Bell
    DL - Ellis
    LB - Pace
    WR - White
    WR - Hill

Nice topic. Been reading lots of posts where it seems as if our fan bases expects perfection, even during game one preseason games. It's nice to see 3 rookies who've been talked up during the offseason all produce. Hill dropped an easy pass and catch, but watch the route he ran. The opposing corner was forced to respect his deep play capability, and as soon as Cincy's CB turned his hips, you'll notice Hill stop on a dime with a curl route. Dropped a given but route running ability was his largest concern heading into the draft. He ran some nice routes tonight. NFL routes. Can't leave Sanchez off this list either. 4/6 with a limited amount of yardage, but for a preseason opener his accuracy wasn't a problem. Our line is in question. Tebow was more of a playmaker but McElroy was the quarterback who impressed me under heavy pressure. How do you all feel about Vlad's play?

Quote Originally Posted by TampaBayJet View Post
    Nice topic. Been reading lots of posts where it seems as if our fan bases expects perfection, even during game one preseason games. It's nice to see 3 rookies who've been talked up during the offseason all produce. Hill dropped an easy pass and catch, but watch the route he ran. The opposing corner was forced to respect his deep play capability, and as soon as Cincy's CB turned his hips, you'll notice Hill stop on a dime with a curl route. Dropped a given but route running ability was his largest concern heading into the draft. He ran some nice routes tonight. NFL routes. Can't leave Sanchez off this list either. 4/6 with a limited amount of yardage, but for a preseason opener his accuracy wasn't a problem. Our line is in question. Tebow was more of a playmaker but McElroy was the quarterback who impressed me under heavy pressure. How do you all feel about Vlad's play?
    A lot of people are gonna knock Hill for the drop, but you can tell this kid is gonna be the goods once he gets some games under his belt and polishes up the route running. He explodes off the line. I liked how he caught that slant pass, took a hit and got right back up & clapped.

Tebow adds such an interesting dynamic, we saw it in Denver and can definitely tell in just watching him in this game.

I didn't really see much out of Vlad (positive or negative)..just saw he played RG.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    A lot of people are gonna knock Hill for the drop, but you can tell this kid is gonna be the goods once he gets some games under his belt and polishes up the route running. He explodes off the line. I liked how he caught that slant pass, took a hit and got right back up & clapped.

Tebow adds such an interesting dynamic, we saw it in Denver and can definitely tell in just watching him in this game.

I didn't really see much out of Vlad (positive or negative)..just saw he played RG.
    I agree with regards to Hill. Looks like a true #1 honestly. I'm not only talking about a drop or two during preseason contest either. Kid has all the trade marks of a top tier wide out.
    Last edited by TampaBayJet; 08-11-2012 at 12:58 AM.

In regards to Hill on that key drop it should be mentioned he ran a fantastic route and had a perfect cutback. The ball was late but he definitely should have caught it.

As for the list, you forgot Wilkerson who had a solid game as well. Our DL may be the best in the league.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    QB - Tebow
    No. 4-8 with a terrible interception while driving for a score against 2nd and 3rd team players is not good enough. He had two very good runs, ok, but he's not a running back. He needs to be able to throw the ball. He faced a defense tonight that didn't gameplan against him. Most defenses will rush 4 and have 1-2 people spying him and daring him to throw. That didn't happen tonight and therefore he broke a couple of good runs. Granted I think he is going to be a big part of our team winning, but not as the backup QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    The only guys that really stood out to me were Coples, Wilkerson and Kenrick Ellis.

The offense was a total sh*t show.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    No. 4-8 with a terrible interception while driving for a score against 2nd and 3rd team players is not good enough. He had two very good runs, ok, but he's not a running back. He needs to be able to throw the ball. He faced a defense tonight that didn't gameplan against him. Most defenses will rush 4 and have 1-2 people spying him and daring him to throw. That didn't happen tonight and therefore he broke a couple of good runs. Granted I think he is going to be a big part of our team winning, but not as the backup QB.
    Sure, he had a terrible interception. Great looking throw, except for being very inaccurate (seriously, watch it again, a nice, pretty spiral from Tebow).

That notwithstanding, Tebow also accounted for more net yards than Sanchez or McElroy and a higher average yard per play on "QB plays" (pass attempts, scrambles, runs).

Also, if defenses rush 4, and have 1-2 people spying on Tebow, then that changes the coverages that he'll face and they'll be more susceptible to the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Sure, he had a terrible interception. Great looking throw, except for being very inaccurate (seriously, watch it again, a nice, pretty spiral from Tebow).

That notwithstanding, Tebow also accounted for more net yards than Sanchez or McElroy and a higher average yard per play on "QB plays" (pass attempts, scrambles, runs).

Also, if defenses rush 4, and have 1-2 people spying on Tebow, then that changes the coverages that he'll face and they'll be more susceptible to the pass.
    Didn't he play half the game? Also, I can throw a nice spiral too, but it doesn't mean I should QB an NFL franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    Didn't he play half the game? Also, I can throw a nice spiral too, but it doesn't mean I should QB an NFL franchise.
    Took the total yardage of the plays in question and divided it by the number of plays.

For example, McElroy completed 4 of 6 passes and was sacked 3 times. That's 9 plays. He threw for 49 yards, but had -24 yards in sacks, for a net of 25 yards. That gives an avg of 2.78 yds per play.

Sanchez was 4 of 6 and was sacked twice. He also scrambled/rushed 1 time for a total of 9 plays. He passed for 21 yards, ran for 4 and had -21 sack yards for a net of 9 yards. That gives an avg of 1 yard per play.

Tebow was 4 of 8, was sacked 0 times and scrambled/rushed 4 times for a total of 12 plays. He passed for 27 yards, lost 0 in sacks, and ran for 34 for a net of 61 yards. That gives an avg of 5.08 yards per play.

None of the totals are particularly earth shattering, or even remotely good. But when you boil it all down, Tebow was at least on par with Sanchez and McElroy tonight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post

It might make them more susceptible but he still has to deliver an accurate ball. You can't just throw it deep 25 times a game. We can argue all day about Tebow, again lol, but lets just say he's a Jet and we both hope he does well. That being said I don't see him supplanting Sanchez this year. And if Sanchez is terrible this year I think Tanny will look outside of the organization (free agency, draft) to replace him.

RB - Ganaway
    LB - Davis
    NT - Harrison
    RB - McKnight
    DE - Coples
    DE - Richardson
    QB - Tebow
    CB - Lankster
    S - Bell
    DL - Ellis
    LB - Pace
    WR - White
    WR - Hill
    Nice. Ducasse had his moments too. Hill looked good, his potential is tantalising - his continuing development is intriguing. Ellis looks very motivated out there, he seems intent on shutting up his detractors

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    RB - Ganaway.........R
    LB - Davis..........R
    NT - Harrison............R
    RB - McKnight......3
    DE - Coples...........R
    DE - Richardson..............5
    QB - Tebow
    CB - Lankster...........3
    S - Bell
    DL - Ellis............2
    LB - Pace
    WR - White...............R
    WR - Hill.............R
    Didn't see the majority of the game, I'll take your word, this is a positive sign. It's early.

anyone have a take on demario davis or the rookie safeties?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Jay Richardson looked lively. Nice to see.

RB - Ganaway
    LB - Davis
    NT - Harrison
    RB - McKnight
    DE - Coples
    DE - Richardson
    QB - Tebow
    CB - Lankster
    S - Bell
    DL - Ellis
    LB - Pace
    WR - White
    WR - Hill
    For some reason our outstanding starting QB is missing on that list. By the way I agree.

Talking with people down here in GA that followed Hill in college. Dropsies seem to be a nagging problem of his. May have to send him a bottle of stick em.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    For some reason our outstanding starting QB is missing on that list. By the way I agree.
    The punt protector made it though

Sad when the punt protector performs better than your starting QB.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sad when the punt protector performs better than your starting QB.
    Seriously, kill yourself. You are the worst kind of person. I won't talk football with you because you are a waste of my time. But I will say that the "ball" in your name isn't a reference to footballs. Go back to the Broncos website where you were last year. Fake ass fan.