Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We better sign another WR

Jets Insider VIP

We better sign another WR

Cuz we need one....call plax quick we need a guy

We had 3 WRs that where injured so slow your role. Rex wasn't trying to get anyone seriously hurt. Turner played well I don't think kicking him off the team is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Cuz we need one....call plax quick we need a guy
    Yeah, call Plax, maybe Coles and trade for Cotchery, maybe a # 2 to Pitt. And put the rookie Hill at CB and Cro at WR. That will fix everything by Wed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Turner is scaring no one. He got cut by the damn fish. He is not even a number 3. Hill has an upside but double tone and we have no one to stretch the defense. We're screwed...trust me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ok maybe not plax but we need help

Jets Insider VIP
    Greene doesnt show me crap either. Need a rb too

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We had 3 WRs that where injured so slow your role. Rex wasn't trying to get anyone seriously hurt. Turner played well I don't think kicking him off the team is warranted.
    There is no room for points like that on this board. Only room for knee jerk reactions after 1 pre season game. Of course we need to dip into he talent rich free agent WR pool, our 4th stringer Patrick Turner was slightly outmatched against their #1s.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lol. Ok I'm wrong our O is scary good.

Practice Squad
    Turner is a big strong blocker. If he can produce decent numbers in the net game then he will probably become at least the number 4 WR. Hill and schillens on the outside with Holmes in the slot or hill and Holmes with Kerley in the slot isn't that bad. It's not good either don't get me wrong. But id say it's average. Many people also seem to be forgetting about Keller. He will have and needs to have a huge year IMO. Hes gonna want a big contract after this year but knows he needs to prove his worth.

They don't need to worry about their WRs. They need to worry about a good O line man because you need time to throw the ball to those receivers. Also I thought white looked pretty good. I know he dropped a ball or two but he's a rookie and it was his first game. He looks the type and we know he is capable because of the monster stats he put up in college

All League
    Lol. Ok I'm wrong our O is scary good.
    Because that's what peope are implying in this thread obviously, that our offense is scary good. That is only logical sense people are pointing out the WRs tat didn't play. Good to be back at JI.

All Pro
    No no no. JI decided that Hill is super ready and we're golden

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Yeah, call Plax, maybe Coles and trade for Cotchery, maybe a # 2 to Pitt. And put the rookie Hill at CB and Cro at WR. That will fix everything by Wed.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    No no no. JI decided that Hill is super ready and we're golden
    I was actually watching the game and thought to myself: "Man, I wonder what Paradis is going to say about this group of receivers."

It was pretty bad. I like Turner because he went to USC, but he is a marginal NFL receiver. The teams with good passing games, I don't think he'd have a roster spot on any of them.

But even going beyond just the receivers...we don't have any dangerous players on our offense, outside of Holmes. McKnight is the second most explosive player on our offense. That's a joke.

We're a team with inconsistent QB play that can only score on 12 play drives. That's a huge problem.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I was actually watching the game and thought to myself: "Man, I wonder what Paradis is going to say about this group of receivers."

It was pretty bad. I like Turner because he went to USC, but he is a marginal NFL receiver. The teams with good passing games, I don't think he'd have a roster spot on any of them.

But even going beyond just the receivers...we don't have any dangerous players on our offense, outside of Holmes. McKnight is the second most explosive player on our offense. That's a joke.

We're a team with inconsistent QB play that can only score on 12 play drives. That's a huge problem.
    Agreed. It wasn't just the WRs. Just not alot of explosive action period.

I wonder what they're plan is. Nothing from Greene, no slot threat, hill is a year away...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TJ Sanchez View Post
    Turner is a big strong blocker. If he can produce decent numbers in the net game then he will probably become at least the number 4 WR. Hill and schillens on the outside with Holmes in the slot or hill and Holmes with Kerley in the slot isn't that bad. It's not good either don't get me wrong. But id say it's average. Many people also seem to be forgetting about Keller. He will have and needs to have a huge year IMO. Hes gonna want a big contract after this year but knows he needs to prove his worth.

They don't need to worry about their WRs. They need to worry about a good O line man because you need time to throw the ball to those receivers. Also I thought white looked pretty good. I know he dropped a ball or two but he's a rookie and it was his first game. He looks the type and we know he is capable because of the monster stats he put up in college
    Playcalling was vanilla. I think the next pre-season game will be better. Jets have a few areas to improve on and no doubt Rex and Sprarano etc willl let them know about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think they need to improve in the front office. Tannenbaum is next to go.

Didn't somebody post a list of available FA veteran WR's around 5-6 days ago? There were names other than TO, Braylon Edwards and Plaxico Burress.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Playcalling was vanilla. I think the next pre-season game will be better. Jets have a few areas to improve on and no doubt Rex and Sprarano etc willl let them know about it.
    Agreed. The play calling was advertised before the game as "vanilla".

The one worry from last night is the O-line

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TJ Sanchez View Post

This o is like the perfect storm. The receivers can't get separation, the o line can't block and every team in the nfl does not fear any of our QB's. Watch the game and Cincy's Db's were pressing every play. Until we can go 15+ yards on a pass play regularly, then it doesn't matter who we sign.

Turner is scaring no one. He got cut by the damn fish. He is not even a number 3. Hill has an upside but double tone and we have no one to stretch the defense. We're screwed...trust me.
    Didn't Turner catch 2 or 3 passes last night from Sanchez when it was the 1s against the 1s? I'm not saying he is an all-pro but I think there is place for him on the roster